Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
What are some features I should look for in fake 2016 Breds?
Spacing on upper two sections of the tongue should NOT be the same size. This is perhaps the easiest and quickest tell. Based on my extensive research, there are only two fake Chinese factories thus far that have gotten the spacing correct or close to identical to the retail pairs.

FAKE PAIR:

40243754_57.jpg

IMG_7751.jpg

air-jordan-1-banned-4_oalbsl.jpg

authentic_air_jordan_1_retro_high_og_banned_2016_version_from_kickstalk.net.jpg

RETAIL PAIR:

Air-Jordan-1-High-OG-Bred-5.jpg

air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-bred-september-2016.jpg

p_9721691_62763226_111814.jpg

p_9670896_62627746_3446991.jpg

2564586-klekt-air-jordan-air-jordan-1-banned-2016-air-jordan-1-normal.jpg

Spacing on upper two sections of the tongue should NOT be the same size. This is perhaps the easiest and quickest tell. Based on my extensive research, there are only two fake Chinese factories thus far that have gotten the spacing correct or close to identical to the retail pairs.

Good eye.

FAKE PAIR:

40243754_57.jpg

IMG_7751.jpg

authentic_air_jordan_1_retro_high_og_banned_2016_version_from_kickstalk.net.jpg

RETAIL PAIR:

Air-Jordan-1-High-OG-Bred-5.jpg

air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-bred-september-2016.jpg

p_9721691_62763226_111814.jpg

p_9670896_62627746_3446991.jpg

2564586-klekt-air-jordan-air-jordan-1-banned-2016-air-jordan-1-normal.jpg

Repped

Just got my banned 1 pair from GOAT! Very impressed with the leather! My pair is flawless! Gona unload my black toes and double up on these banneds or look for some chicagos

Laces look too neat and rectangular like the ones that come in those clear packages at the pharmacy

What are some features I should look for in fake 2016 Breds?

Same stuff as usual - big lace bags or detached lace bags are most common.
The good fakes have the same lace bag and laces tied the exact same so that's not a tell anymore

Fakes have a fatter swoosh tho
That may no longer be the case. The fakes are getting better fam.

Which ones below are real and which ones are fake?

There are now factories out there who have produced the swoosh to almost the exact specifications as the retail pairs. Here are a few examples.

Number 1

Number 2

Number 3

Number 4

%24_57.JPG

Number 5

air-jordan-1-og-banned-2016-retro-2.jpg

Number 6

IMG_2022_copy.jpg

As far as Bulls colorways.....

"There....is..... another..." - Yoda

Shout out to Scollard23, MJODAN, and Channelkris amongst other triple OGs. They always got cool info.
Could that be a photoshop? Not even wearing AJ 1's on his feet.

Last edited:
Perhaps Nike should hire these Chinese factories pumping out fakes to a deal. This wouldn't be unprecedented. In Phil knights book he actually brought that up, where in 1976 or something a factory was making real good fakes so he wrote a letter telling them to stop and if they were interested in making legit shoes.

Perhaps Nike should hire these Chinese factories pumping out fakes to a deal. This wouldn't be unprecedented. In Phil knights book he actually brought that up, where in 1976 or something a factory was making real good fakes so he wrote a letter telling them to stop and if they were interested in making legit shoes.

From the land that have made fake apple stores ... I can imagine that went over well. That's like being on death row and having puffy try to entice you to be a 'bad boy'.

black yin yangs came in today for 115 shipped. liking them alot especially for the price. think i'ma go with the white BLACK laces. quality looking and feeling right.

Last edited:

That's been corrected. Fakes have correct spacing now.
Do you mind showing pics from fake Chinese websites that have the correct spacing? 
I'm not going to post them here for obvious reasons but if you really want to know, a search on reddit is all you need to get started.
Most fakes don't have the correct spacing on the upper two sections of the tongue. At least not yet. But in several months time, I'm sure most of the fake factories will get it right

Most fakes don't have the correct spacing on the upper two sections of the tongue. At least not yet. But in several months time, I'm sure most of the fake factories will get it right
I noticed on fakes, also, that the toe box looks to be wider.

The tongue on the 2016's >>>>>>>>>>>

I still love my 2013's to death but Nike did the damn thing on the 2016 black/red's. I felt like the freshest person in the world with them on

I noticed on fakes, also, that the toe box looks to be wider.
Yes, they're somewhat wider, I have noticed that on some of them as well. In addition, the perforation holes on the toebox of fakes are smaller than those found on the legit pairs.

That's been corrected. Fakes have correct spacing now.

Do you mind showing pics from fake Chinese websites that have the correct spacing? 
I'm not going to post them here for obvious reasons but if you really want to know, a search on reddit is all you need to get started.
Yup most don't but they're starting to. All fakes will be almost identical to legit. Only way to truly get a legit pair would be via retailer.

Back
Top Bottom