Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Chicago 1s are the Jordans I picture when I picture Michael Jordan/Jordan shoes. They've been the ones shown on retro cards, on posters, book covers, graphics, etc - they pop off the page a lot more than black/reds. Plus, the fact that they were only released in 85 and 94 up until recently made them a lot more coveted than any others (the '03 patents didn't really get the essence of Chicago 1s imo). We've been saturated with black/reds. I'm so glad I own a pair of 94s with original box, card, and paper. When I was in HS and getting into buying/selling shoes around 2009, chicago 1s were the dream shoe. 85s haven't withstood the test of time too well, didn't want to invest that much in a pair that was peeling.

Also for some reason, there were a bunch of CP Jordan 1s at Jersey Gardens outlet a few weeks ago. Pretty much a full size run of a shoe released years ago, thought it was strange.

85s haven't withstood the test of time too well, didn't want to invest that much in a pair that was peeling.

depends on the pairs you're looking at. IMO that's what makes them even more gorgeous, the history. I mean, yea a flawless pair is the ideal way to go but a pair that has some age is a thing of beauty.

@K20Lee I should've specified I also had a smaller budget than a clean pair of 1985s would have allotted haha. It would've been possible to find a pair of 85 Chicagos with original box, little-to-no peeling or other major flaws, for under $500. I couldn't buy shoes pre-owned to that level no matter how old they are; I wanted a clean pair to wear and beat up myself. I was also born in 94, so a little bit more incentive for that pair.

Chicago 1s are the Jordans I picture when I picture Michael Jordan/Jordan shoes. They've been the ones shown on retro cards, on posters, book covers, graphics, etc -

Michael Jordan patrolling on the court with his basketball lol

the thing that made me like the Chicago ones was the pictures of him wearing them in his last game in NY with the black alternate jerseys :x :smokin :smokin
Those do look nice with that jersey.Seeing as how he retired from the bulls in 98,do you believe those were a pair of 94's or Nike just made a pair for mj's last game?

Chicago 1s are the Jordans I picture when I picture Michael Jordan/Jordan shoes. They've been the ones shown on retro cards, on posters, book covers, graphics, etc - they pop off the page a lot more than black/reds. Plus, the fact that they were only released in 85 and 94 up until recently made them a lot more coveted than any others (the '03 patents didn't really get the essence of Chicago 1s imo). We've been saturated with black/reds. I'm so glad I own a pair of 94s with original box, card, and paper. When I was in HS and getting into buying/selling shoes around 2009, chicago 1s were the dream shoe. 85s haven't withstood the test of time too well, didn't want to invest that much in a pair that was peeling.
Agree. I see lots of people liking BTs more but Chis are #1.

You know I would actually like to see a poll made on here so we can all vote on what we think the GOAT cw is. Is anyone besides the thread starter allowed to make a poll?

Chi

Black Toe

Black/Red

Royal

Black/White

Shadows

Maybe add in UNCs, Kentuckys, Neutral Greys, metallics, but those would probably have little chance of winning. 

Trying to debate the greatest Jordan 1 is the equivalent to saying who the greatest rapper of all time is (Andre 3000). No answer will be found. It always goes into Breds, Chis, Royal's and Black Toes.

1. Mama said hip hop was the devil's music.

and 

2. A poll would give us a snapshot of what people's top cws are. 

Agree. I see lots of people liking BTs more but Chis are #1.

You know I would actually like to see a poll made on here so we can all vote on what we think the GOAT cw is. Is anyone besides the thread starter allowed to make a poll?

Chi

Black Toe

Black/Red

Royal

Black/White

Shadows

Maybe add in UNCs, Kentuckys, Neutral Greys, metallics, but those would probably have little chance of winning. 
co-sign .... def curious to see which is the GOAT OG

These came in today. Leather is good, but not SBB or even 2016 Bred quality...closer to most recent Black Toes. They do look better in person.

These dip below 300 yet? Might cop if it hits closer to mid 250 only for collection purposes [emoji]129300[/emoji]

Back
Top Bottom