• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
The black toe part will prob feel like my clays lol

Yeah, likely that's usually how it goes and the lacing panels will likely soften but no one bothers feeling them also, your's have a slight tumble affect to them. I think the black parts are pretty good personally, after weathing all my kicks they've all softened up and broken in well in all parts and I rotate lol it just annoys me that people call something that's good trash when it's really not and it's just the perception and perspectives.

09's that were good: Vegas, Shadow, and in 2011 we got the banned b/reds. Look at all the other pair's that released and tell me how they'd fair? My DMP's and DTRT's are nowhere near the qualitty of my SBB Black Leather I know exactly what I'm talking about. Hell do you remember the Anodized pairs? These monstrosities? There were tons more with sh*tty material aside from those exceptional 3.

011336_01.jpg
Noble Kane is about to call out Grizz for wearing these at a gay bar

Yeah, likely that's usually how it goes and the lacing panels will likely soften but no one bothers feeling them also, your's have a slight tumble affect to them. I think the black parts are pretty good personally, after weathing all my kicks they've all softened up and broken in well in all parts and I rotate lol it just annoys me that people call something that's good trash when it's really not and it's just the perception and perspectives.
Ill admit this, the black on the SBB isnt as trash as I once thought...when comparing it to the black on those clays

Metallics have the best leather of all remaster IMO, easily closest and most resilient to 1985

Agreed! Agreed! Agreed! breaks in well, nice and thick, and has a really good feel and as they're worn more they literally start looking more and more vintage.

Ill admit this, the black on the SBB isnt as trash as I once thought...when comparing it to the black on those clays

See what I'm saying? lol I still need to get the clays forreal. I'm *******ttin but a part of me is like "If I get the clays, I'll have to ditch the DMP celtics" because they are so similar.

Thread stumbled into another leather debate? Fun. :smh:

On an unrelated note, the Turbo Green have definitely grown on me.

Always lol I'm mainly just trying to challenge other people's perceptions and telling them to look at the material objectively and look at what we were getting before vs now. Also, are the turbo green's those UNC like 1's coming out with the faded materials?

I never really wore retro+ colorways before this year. I was strictly an OG colorway kinda guy but now that my collection has grown, I wish i kept both SBB 1.0 and 2.0 back in the day :lol:

If they see us scrutinizing the materials then it gives them more fear that we'll complain when they stinge out. So these debates can only benefit the future releases, its a good thing

Of the last 3 pics...I'm gonna end up coppin the Black Toe Union's for $550, Sz. 12....Lawd'ha Mercy! The UNC's: had a pair in my hand last weekend and didn't cop for $205...Reason being, they look like they're ready to fold like a pair of pre-2010 AJI...But that pic up there makes them look WAY better than I thought. I guess it's the wear that's gonna expose the wrinkle!
The Blk/White...I think I'll always just let those look good on other peoples feet. More interested in having them than I am wearing them...But I don't buy for the sake of collecting anymore.

Yuuuuup!! Wearing mine today, before this rain moves through tomorrow and Friday!
20181205_092608.jpg
20181205_092423.jpg

Always lol I'm mainly just trying to challenge other people's perceptions and telling them to look at the material objectively and look at what we were getting before vs now. Also, are the turbo green's those UNC like 1's coming out with the faded materials?
It's all good. This is the AJ1 Thread on NT. Leather debates come with the territory every once and a while. Haha. And yeah, those UNC-like 1s. Something about them I'm feeling. I LOVE the UNC/Kentucky/B&W colorblocking, and while 1s usually need to be just leather and rubber, a bluish-green suede in that blocking I think is dope. The materials and tongue look remind me of the deconstructed Dunks that came out last year.

2014 black and whites are low key up there in leather quality
air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-black-white-release-reminder-01.jpg

detailed-air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-black-white-03.jpg

detailed-air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-black-white-05.jpg

air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-black-white-555088-010-2014-i-nike-air-cdp-countdown-pack-collezione-bred-carmine-barons-denim-ko-red-royal-steve-jaconetta-ajordanxi-1.jpg

I kind of liked that halfway mold between the 2013s and 2015s
word? I've been holding off from unDS'ing because i wasnt sure if they were going to be comfortable. Was gonna try and sell and cop the 2019 release

Back
Top Bottom