Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Dunno how ROY are a poor man's Travis tbqh. Both dope shoes, the use of earth tones and, white and sail gives them a similarity but there was plenty of buzz for the ROY well before they dropped and before the Travis were even hinted at. Big numbers released at the end of a heavy year for 1s and they still went quick.
can we confirm it was "big numbers" tho? that sounds a bit misleading...
:nerd:

dont-even-care-quote-1.jpg

bro, I know yall wanna feel better and all, but let's not lie to yourself! ROTY is NOT better than travis 1s. stop it!

:lol:

Not a fair comparison since it's a hype collab vs a gr. If the Scott's werent named and still released without the name association but the same backwards swoosh with massive numbers would they sit or sell out? Scott's were hyped for months with quickstrile releases and social media influencers influencing the hype. I don't think either is better than the other but the shoes were in different realms as far as hype and attaining them was concerned. If Scott's released without all the extras branding and manufactured hype but still had a backwards swoosh would you be saying the same thing? If ROTY's had the branding and were the Scott 1's would you be saying those outclass the Scott's?

them dyed ROTY look great. look like a classy man's TS1
Classy men and black/brown combos don’t really go together

That’s another reason why the TS1s are so nastifully dope. The whole shoe breaks rules

The tinted brown rookies look like when you see a dad in muted yeezys

bro, I know yall wanna feel better and all, but let's not lie to yourself! ROTY is NOT better than travis 1s. stop it!

:lol:
Feel better about what?

I literally said it was my opinion in my previous post.

Actually, you’re right. By making the word not all caps, I realize how silly it is to form my own opinion.

OW Chi > OG Chi
OW UNC > OG UNC
TS1 > ROTY
Your FACT > My opinion.

Feels good to get that out.
What a relief.

Not a fair comparison since it's a hype collab vs a gr. If the Scott's werent named and still released without the name association but the same backwards swoosh with massive numbers would they sit or sell out? Scott's were hyped for months with quickstrile releases and social media influencers influencing the hype. I don't think either is better than the other but the shoes were in different realms as far as hype and attaining them was concerned. If Scott's released without all the extras branding and manufactured hype but still had a backwards swoosh would you be saying the same thing? If ROTY's had the branding and were the Scott 1's would you be saying those outclass the Scott's?
That hypothetical question is impossible to answer because the shoe wouldn’t exist without Travis designing it, so you can’t remove his name from it without taking the brown/black colorway , backwards swoosh and stash pocket away too. Then you’re left with rookie grs, and it took about a week or so to sell out from what I remember

That hypothetical question is impossible to answer because the shoe wouldn’t exist without Travis designing it, so you can’t remove his name from it without taking the brown/black colorway , backwards swoosh and stash pocket away too. Then you’re left with rookie grs, and it took about a week or so to sell out from what I remember

Exactly so how can one be better than the other? They're actually not each 1 has it's own lane it fills. The TS1s arent everybody's bag but the ROY's arent either. It all depends on the audience and is matter of opinion.

Back
Top Bottom