Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Updated collection pic (minus gym reds I picked up this weekend)

21C56946-6C0B-4C6C-9D24-4FCC5D2DAB4C.jpeg

Wow...now that's some love for 1s! Can you believe after 4 dozen Jordans, AMs, and Trainer 3s in my collection, the Gym Red will be my FIRST 1. We'll see if I like them in hand, and find them wearable (fit-wise). For some reason I really like this colorway. I'm almost hoping I don't b/c if I get into 1s, the release volume/frequency on this model is insane, and I'm already borderline on what I consider acceptable for this hobby....heh.

huh? what should they be? because red looks terrible on the SIs...

Black.. generally the all black wings logo works every time. Uncs and SB's deserve the white logo but for SBB, Chi, and Banned colorways which is most of the solid stuff, I prefer black.

The wings logo is literally a ten minute job if you want it blacked out.. Will shoop it later to see if it looks right unless someone beats me to it..
The custom I'm doing will get the wings logo the same purple as the swoosh (grape 5+ a drop of fluorescent pearlescent pink).

Black.. generally the all black wings logo works every time. Uncs and SB's deserve the white logo but for SBB, Chi, and Banned colorways which is most of the solid stuff, I prefer black.
black wings logo on top of a black heel collar? nah...

white wings belong on the gym reds like they do on the black/whites....which are the only OGs with a black heel collar

you literally said gym reds "look" like cheap payless shoes. youd sound more like you know what youre talking about if you had said "feels". youre just looking at the shine and saying bad quality based off that.

ive held a pair in hand at footlocker. that black leather is surprisingly plush and soft. toebox is nothing special, basically what we already been getting. only thing that sucks is that they made that black leather shiny. but thats just a coating of whatever they put on there to get that effect. by no means is it an indication of "trash" leather tho.

btw, theres nothing wrong with payless or target. not every1 can afford jordans or even nikes believe it or not. jordans for the most part are overpriced payless shoes. because lets be real.....we dont buy jordans for the superb quality or comfort. its mostly for fashion. jordans probably cost the same to make as alotta payless/target shoes, but theyre $200 because theyre jordans.

with that being said....if you have alotta jordans in your closet, then alotta shoes in your closet are cheap leather shoes.

C1CEF597-D199-4B1E-A6F1-2A7130889D72.gif

I did not want either of those when they released. I still don't want them now, same thing with OW Chis/UNC, ROTY, Top 3s, NFR etc., so these Gym Reds will be the same.
Was I speaking about you directly? No, lol dont get ya panties in a bunch bc you cant understand why things are sought after that you dont care for.

The shine on the black parts of the gym red pair has literally nothing to do with “quality” of leather. It’s a coating applied with the paint. If you take the time to push on the black leather of the gym reds you’d see it’s great quality. There’s some soft give to it, but still feels sturdy and tough, the way real leather should... and honestly, it’s far more plush than the black parts on the remastered Breds or royals.
Yeah, but the shine ruins the quality. The materials look and feel like something you see on discount dress shoes.

If they make shoes with my most favorite leather, and coat it in pig poo - the end result would not be a quality shoe, in my opinion.

you literally said gym reds "look" like cheap payless shoes. youd sound more like you know what youre talking about if you had said "feels". youre just looking at the shine and saying bad quality based off that.

ive held a pair in hand at footlocker. that black leather is surprisingly plush and soft. toebox is nothing special, basically what we already been getting. only thing that sucks is that they made that black leather shiny. but thats just a coating of whatever they put on there to get that effect. by no means is it an indication of "trash" leather tho.

btw, theres nothing wrong with payless or target. not every1 can afford jordans or even nikes believe it or not. jordans for the most part are overpriced payless shoes. because lets be real.....we dont buy jordans for the superb quality or comfort. its mostly for fashion. jordans probably cost the same to make as alotta payless/target shoes, but theyre $200 because theyre jordans.

with that being said....if you have alotta jordans in your closet, then alotta shoes in your closet are cheap leather shoes.
Uh, I said I saw them at FTL. Yeah, I actually picked them up too, and held them. I guess I should have spelled that out.

And of course there is nothing wrong with $35 Target shoes. Because they are $35 Target shoes, not $160 Jordan 1's....

Yall need to distinguish between the quality of a shoe, quality of leather (or pleather), and reason for a shoe raising in resell. They for the most part dont always have anything to do with each other.

You could buy a calf skin shoe, very high quality leather but if its on a silhouette made with a ****ty mold and isnt comfortable is it still a high quality shoe? maybe not... and does it deserve a high retail or resell price? That's strictly up to the consumer and what they consider the reason for purchasing said shoe

Last edited:
dont the collars hit the top of the boxes? I put all my 1s in sideways for that reason

I turn them sideways if I'm pulling out or putting them back. They barley touch the top of the lid but not enough to bend or when its mis shaping the shoe. I wear a size 10 for ref.

Uh, I said I saw them at FTL. Yeah, I actually picked them up too, and held them. I guess I should have spelled that out.

And of course there is nothing wrong with $35 Target shoes. Because they are $35 Target shoes, not $160 Jordan 1's....

more than half the jordans in your closet could be sold as $35 target shoes if they simply werent jordans.

Was I speaking about you directly? No, lol dont get ya panties in a bunch bc you cant understand why things are sought after that you dont care for.

People really can't have discussions in this thread anymore huh? I was just saying I passed on those and haven't had any 2nd thoughts about changing my mind, I don't know why you took it as more than that.

black wings logo on top of a black heel collar? nah...

white wings belong on the gym reds like they do on the black/whites....which are the only OGs with a black heel collar

he's definitely referring to gym reds.

I'm DEFINITELY referring to any white logo on a colored ankle strip and y'all know this :lol: unless you guys want to pretend you're not picking when to be a 1's enthusiast. Why the hell would I want black on black.. that's basically no logo.

Back
Top Bottom