Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
These new 1s better come with premium materials through out because that's a steep price hike any way you look at it.

These new 1s better come with premium materials through out because that's a steep price hike any way you look at it.
Look at it from Nike's view. They are selling it at $160 and most pairs resell for above that, many WAY above that. From Nike's view, they are leaving a lot of money on the table. People are clearly willing to pay more than $160 so why change $160? So resellers can make more?

Look at it from Nike's view. They are selling it at $160 and most pairs resell for above that, many WAY above that. From Nike's view, they are leaving a lot of money on the table. People are clearly willing to pay more than $160 so why change $160? So resellers can make more?

Microeconomics 101...literally the only thing I learned from that class in college. 8 a.m.'s were the devil.

I mean from JB's stand point the price hike is a no brainer. If you see shoes you sold at retail for $160 being purchased for $300+ on the regular on the secondary market there is a lot of money being left on the table. Supply and demand.

True, but for us it sucks. I can only speak for myself, but this price hike will definitely make me more selective on what I buy, but I'm probably an outlier.

The only positive I can see is if they flood the market so they can make as much $$$ as they can and kill resell, but I doubt that would happen.

Capture+_2019-10-01-09-29-11.png

*spongebob voice* Ight Imma Head Out

I’m not surprised; I will still try to secure a pair and continue to wear my 2015 pair.

Not stressing the new mold at all. If they look legit like an '85 then I'm in. But if theres only minor differences or changes for the worse between the "new beginnings" and remasters then I'm unconcerned.

Price hike sucks but tbh they’ve saturated the market for so long with 1s, how many more are they going to give us that we even need?
I want court purps in banned colorblocking, NGs, and black tongue black toes. Whenever the time is right for royals, breds and shadows to come out again in 2-3 yrs I’ll grab a pair. Randomly they’ll hit a home run with a retro + colorway like obsidians, Roty’s, or a fire collab. Otherwise I’m gonna be doing a lot of passing like most of 2019.

they need to stop with the prices its why jordan brand other models is sitting use to be $160 for regular retros and like $120 for jordan 1s. they need to hang it up before its no more sneaker avenue
Sneaker reselling is at an all-time high and you're saying JB should be getting less of a cut of the market than they already do? That makes no sense. If anything, JB should jack the price up to $500 a pop for collabs. They'd still sell out instantly. Do I want to see that? No. But that makes a lot of sense for JB. They are leaving a LOT of meat on the bone for resellers.

Back
Top Bottom