Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
yesterday...
6EDC3823-A4E6-4C09-B3F4-98A7E625ED17.jpeg

I picked up a pair of these in a size 9, and was HEARTBROKEN when they came in and I remembered that the older Js fit just a tad bit snug (like 1/4 or 1/8 of a size down). So I can’t wear them comfortably at all.

Anybody in here sell off their collection or most of it? Thinking about going that direction.

100% worth it. You will feel a relief and less encumbered. Keep your favs of course. Give yourself a top 5 or 10 with a good amount of diversity. Also, depending on the shoe you can make thousands. I sold my collection over the year and kept it all in my PayPal and made about 5k, it was all 1's too. You really start seeing how little you need to be happy.

100% worth it. You will feel a relief and less encumbered. Keep your favs of course. Give yourself a top 5 or 10 with a good amount of diversity. Also, depending on the shoe you can make thousands. I sold my collection over the year and kept it all in my PayPal and made about 5k, it was all 1's too. You really start seeing how little you need to be happy.

What would be considered a "small" collection?
If I told non-sneakerheads how many pairs of sneakers I own, they would call me crazy. If I told sneakerheads how many pairs of sneakers I own they would probably call me a rookie.

What would be considered a "small" collection?
If I told non-sneakerheads how many pairs of sneakers I own, they would call me crazy. If I told sneakerheads how many pairs of sneakers I own they would probably call me a rookie.

Depends on your preference really. I'm not an expert on amounts. I had about 60 pairs and other dudes in here would probably be like "rookie numbers" for me that was a lot and way too many to justify wearing them so I dropped it down and I get or kept certain pairs. I'm super selective of kicks i choose to buy now.

Anybody in here sell off their collection or most of it? Thinking about going that direction.
Have sold off my collection twice in my lifetime, only to start back up again a few years later. But, each time I did I felt such relief. It was like a massive weight lifted off of my shoulders - mainly relief from mental stress; if your not buying shoes it frees up so much time because your not on NT and Twitter every 5 minutes making sure your up to date on releases and deals. Every time I look in my closet and see thousands of dollars of unworn shoes rotting away I get depressed. Buying shoes like we do is extremely ignorant, but its kind of like an addiction.

I also have sold about half of my collection like 3 times now. Between last year until now I've sold a little over a 100 pairs but copped about just as many, mostly 1's. It does feel good getting rid of stuff I know I'm not going to wear like that and models that will eventually fall apart or yellow. I don't own any 5,6,8,9,10,15,16,17's anymore and very few 3 and 4's.

To be fair we don't know if what either side says is true though.

Wasn't it said that there will be a price hike on Jordan 1s that jump to $190 in 2020? I don't see a single Jordan 1 on their list that is going for $190.

Only applies to the New Beginnings. All other Hi's are $170.

I think I may have missed it but what is the quality/feel of the leather on the 1s? You said the ships were soft. Are the 1s comparable or more firm?

Close to the OG but not as thick a cut like the OG. It’s not leather anyone has really experienced in some time. So out the box, the Ship is soft while you may need break in time for the 1. If you’re a vintage collector and understand the materials, you’re gonna be extremely happy with the execution.

The Midnight Navy’s are numero uno for me, and a pair I’ve been wanting forever with NA branding!!! Also interested in the All Blacks and the Silvers. Seeing as we got the Triple Blacks in 2017, if these do indeed drop I’m curious if they’re essentially the same as those but with the Silver Wings and Silver NA. While I’d be in, seems a bit redundant. Also curious about the materials, as the tumbled nature of them and the fat laces are always what made them stand out to me personally. Already having the Metallic Navy’s, the White Navy’s are a pass for me. So here’s to hoping these are indeed dropping, and that they’re regular az Jordan 1 OG Retro Highs, and not weird mids or some other BS.

Back
Top Bottom