Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I grabbed 2 pairs somehow this morning after fighting my computer for an hr and a half...these were a must the second I saw them, my college colors were purple and gold (ECU)...with that being said I'm sure more people will like them once the prices on them shoot up. Y'all now how it goes lol.

A LOT of members on here have just come around on ROTYs in the recent past because of the HATRED of the tongue tag, collar flaps, gimick-“coincidentally“ people started having regrets when prices started increasing on the resell market. Same goes for game royal 1.0-Lots of hate until prices went up-now you don’t hear a peep from those folks.

I suspect the same with these. Bet.

I purchased both pairs you mentioned when they originally released and I don’t recall any drastic changes of heart from members who didn’t like them from the jump once prices started to rise. Sure there is always a few members who have a change of heart because they will see a shoe in person, but to make the claim that a lot of members changed their tune because resell prices soared is a God Damn lie and you know it.

LOLz, a leather 1/2 inch patch that shows on the top of the tongue really bothered you THAT much?
I copped when they dropped here in SG last week, it the virus got shipping delays maxed out. As for the tongue, I had leather tongues because I wear short socks and the leather rubs. Not a deal breaker, but I don’t like them at all.

I mean the leather tongue tag is annoying but I can look past it...OG color blocking, smooth leather...I buy. Now if they had that stupid Pine Green 2.0 pebbly bull**** I wouldn't have looked twice at them.

Such as....?

You really want me to name all the trash mids and highs with Chi color blocking? Lol. I don’t have time for THAT this morning and I’ll encourage you to look it up. But my stance remains, Chi color blocking ALONE does not make a shoe great.

I purchased both pairs you mentioned when they originally released and I don’t recall any drastic changes of heart from members who didn’t like them from the jump once prices started to rise. Sure there is always a few members who have a change of heart because they will see a shoe in person, but to make the claim that a lot of members changed their tune because resell prices soared is a God Damn lie and you know it.

they may not have changed their tune but they sure been keeping quiet since then. There were a lot of rumblings about how bad those were-radio silence now tho.YOU KNOW people change their minds based on resell all the time, if not you haven’t been paying close enough attention.

A LOT of members on here have just come around on ROTYs in the recent past because of the HATRED of the tongue tag, collar flaps, gimick-“coincidentally“ people started having regrets when prices started increasing on the resell market. Same goes for game royal 1.0-Lots of hate until prices went up-now you don’t hear a peep from those folks.

i didnt buy these to resell but i know these will be $$$ soon - all 1s with this colorblocking are doing numbers - youd be a fool to think these are gonna be bricks. Remember the spidey 1s? Those were hovering around retail forever and now look at them. Cop now, cry later

I grabbed 2 pairs somehow this morning after fighting my computer for an hr and a half...these were a must the second I saw them, my college colors were purple and gold (ECU)...with that being said I'm sure more people will like them once the prices on them shoot up. Y'all now how it goes lol.

you went to school in my hometown!! Pirate Nation :smile:

Thats the only reason I had to get them....

These are hitting the pavement as soon as this nonsense is over. Usually give recent drops 2yrs closet time, but these are going straight to feet.

03482338-8A69-40A0-9496-5F218BF802D6.png

I guess I’m wrong but when Rookies dropped I didn’t remember so much “hatred” for the leather tag

Seems like that stuff developed over time and multiple releases with the tag

Either way, Rookies are fire and I’m glad I was able to grab em on RD, and same for these Purps

I thought ROYs were overrated off rip and I still do.
Hit on the Game Royal 1.0s on SNKRS on release date, still have em.
Passed on 2.0 purps cuz the 1.0s and LA to Chis are more than enough for me.
It's not always about hype/resell, not everyone likes every 1 :lol:

That's because we aren't trying to beat a dead horse. ROTYs are still a hard pass and always will be to me. If you like them cool, but no "value" increase will ever change my mind on them.

i didnt buy these to resell but i know these will be $$$ soon - all 1s with this colorblocking are doing numbers - youd be a fool to think these are gonna be bricks. Remember the spidey 1s? Those were hovering around retail forever and now look at them. Cop now, cry later
Eh, maybe, I dunno if resellers are gonna be happy on these based on how many people cooked and got multiples. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of these get returned (multiples) especially cuz early reports said quality was weak. But maybe you’re right in a couple years

Leather tongue tag means absolutely nothing to me. It's the same size and layout as the regular one. If anything it makes the shoe seem more premium. (Even tho it's not).

FR! especially in my FB group pages they keep saying bricks! now all of a sudden they're lookin' for a pair :stoneface: luckily for me I copped the ROTY when it dropped.

Back
Top Bottom