Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Unless you have a low budget obvious fake, most people can't tell legit from fake when the sneakers are on foot anyway. If you have a good pair of fakes, most people can't tell in hand either unless they know what flaws to look for and/or have a legit pair to compare them to side by side.

But you'll always know :emoji_neutral_face:

Unless you have a low budget obvious fake, most people can't tell legit from fake when the sneakers are on foot anyway. If you have a good pair of fakes, most people can't tell in hand either unless they know what flaws to look for and/or have a legit pair to compare them to side by side.

But you'll always know :emoji_neutral_face:

Honestly, I don’t care if “most people“ can tell a legit from fake-I’m concerned about StockX and GOAT selling us fakes as “the 100% verified authentic” pairs just because Jim Bo in Detroit couldn't verify the latest batch of fakes... Honestly, this should be a concern for ALL of us who pay resale or even buy from a non-Nike/JB store/website. If we start getting 1:1 fakes, it could be REALLY bad for us.

Last edited:
Honestly, I don’t care of “most people“ can tell a legit from fake-I’m concerned about StockX and GOAT selling us fakes as “the 100% verified authentic” pairs just because Jim Bo in Detroit couldnMt verify the latest batch of fakes... Honestly, this should be a concern for ALL of us who pay resale or even buy from a non-Nike/JB store/website. If we start getting 1:1 fakes, it could be REALLY bad for us.

Could be a blessing in disguise if fakes get good enough to the point where buyers lose confidence in receiving legit pairs from resale markets - it could kill the resale market.

Could be a blessing in disguise if fakes get good enough to the point where buyers lose confidence in receiving legit pairs from resale markets - it could kill the resale market.

Wow. This is actually a great point.

Honestly, with 3D scanning and 3D printing technology growing exponentially everyday, I wonder if in a few decades one could be made to exact specifications with various materials and whatnot... Might seem outlandish to us in 2020 but, in 2040, it might not be so far-fetched.

this is exactly what im saying...stockx/goat make money for no reason...thats why ive always felt like nike partners w those companies...it makes too much sense to control supply and manipulate demand like that...

you should be able to buy from nike directly...especially given capabilities to shop online today as well as capabilities to gauge interest from consumers via apps

this topic would be a great case study or project for anyone in a mba program right now

i have an mba and i understand supply and demand as well as how factories and multi national corporations function...

its silly to go about life flexing in shoes or expecting to make a significant amount of money from purchasing and reselling shoes...you will never recover money on used clothing...and if you do its not significant or worth the time invested...

this is a fun hobby and nostalgic to me...
There was a YouTuber (not a shoe youtuber, he did various science experiments?), maybe a year or so ago, who tested the paint on four separate pairs of fake Jordan 1s, and 3 of them registered levels that were at least 70 times the federal standard limit, one of them was over a hundred. If I recall, he was able to get a reading on lead dust on the latter pair

Because you don’t have to match it to anything. All whites go with just about anything. That’s why 75% of the girls at my school where AF1s, a vast majority of those are white on white, with the other 24% wearing Stan Smiths or Vans. Then 1% wearing Docs or some goth “I’m not like the other girls” stuff.
That's probably who they make them for girls :lol: most of em dont give a **** about sneakers. I eff with stan Smith's tho

I been reading the fake talk with the cringe face.

Camby gif.

Idgaf if the next man is about that fugazi life and even as a sneaker head I agree I won’t know a “good” fake in the wild. A lot of times u need to have side by side pics to even have an idea. But for me, I’d never rock fakes simply because I would know. And it doesn’t sit right with me. It’s not about resale value or having an MBA. It’s personal preference. If someone wants fake Jordan’s, might as well rock the fake rolly, LV, etc. Just not how I choose to do life.

Also I said this years ago when this topic came up. I always viewed Niketalk as a crazy diverse community from all walks of life but we share the same sentiments in fakes as I do. But I guess there’s exceptions to that lol. Or I’m just wrong

Also I said this years ago when this topic came up. I always viewed Niketalk as a crazy diverse community from all walks of life but we share the same sentiments in fakes as I do. But I guess there’s exceptions to that lol. Or I’m just wrong
nah you right about that...there's other forums and outlets to talk about fakes. should be kept over there.

Camby gif.

Idgaf if the next man is about that fugazi life and even as a sneaker head I agree I won’t know a “good” fake in the wild. A lot of times u need to have side by side pics to even have an idea. But for me, I’d never rock fakes simply because I would know. And it doesn’t sit right with me. It’s not about resale value or having an MBA. It’s personal preference. If someone wants fake Jordan’s, might as well rock the fake rolly, LV, etc. Just not how I choose to do life.

Nah bro I feel it. I never owned or rocked a pair of fakes for the same simple reason, even if they were a good fake. It just doesn’t feel right because I know. But these prices are getting so outta hand, I can’t knock the next guy for copping fakes you can’t tell from the real on foot for a fraction of the price. $400 - $500 is already expensive for sneakers let alone $1000 - $2000. But hey, if you got it, you got it.

It’s getting really scary how close fakes are getting tho, which is why I asked for pics to compare. Thought it’d be more beat and wanted to see how it broke down, but they were still clean.

Camby gif.

Like I said, if fakes get close to 1:1, we should all be concerned if we’re buying pairs from anywhere that isn’t directly from Nike/JB. Even returns to FL/Champs/FNL could be swapped with perfect fakes at that point, which is terrifying.

12DEB481-FF13-4B92-A640-5E7730777974.jpeg

Years upon years ago I bought a fake 13 and 14 to see what they looked like. Sold them as fakes on CL; everything was disclosed. I just wanted to see what they looked and felt like in hand. Nowadays those look substantially better, but they will still never occupy space in my closet

Camby gif.

Honestly, i felt like this my whole life. This has been the moral for me and for Niketalk. However things have gone south way too fast in terms of obtaining retail pairs to the point corporations do not give a **** about their core fan base. I honestly think these corporations have ties to aftermarkets like Stockx and GOAT. It may not be nike directly, but the foot sites with all the back door talks, etc.... just understanding the mark up of these shoes, there's no way the companies including nike themselves want a cut from that. Morally, if they were against it, they would have easily created a system for their core consumers to obtain what they want.....

But i don't know. We only hold the market accountable and not these corps. However the more these UAs and fakes become 1:1, the more the corps will take action against the resell market since they're being countered by these UA pairs. However, as of now they have a strong grasp on their core and broad consumers, they know they wouldn't buy outside retail or stockx pairs due to fear of fakes.

what pair for the donor tongue?
It was a 3-way swap with game royals and triple black sails. Here’s pics from two years ago.

Today:

20200829_170027.jpg

Idk about y'all but to me the difference is obvious. And honestly if everything were easy to get and anyone could have it at any time it wouldn't be fun anymore imo. I like the chase, yes sometimes I pay resell, but most of the time its retail or bust and if I don't hit its onto the next one(which we all know is a week or two away anyways).

Today:

20200829_170027.jpg

Idk about y'all but to me the difference is obvious. And honestly if everything were easy to get and anyone could have it at any time it wouldn't be fun anymore imo. I like the chase, yes sometimes I pay resell, but most of the time its retail or bust and if I don't hit its onto the next one(which we all know is a week or two away anyways).

Personally I hate the chase. Life is too short to waste filling out raffles and wasting energy on impossible releases. I would rather it be easy. Make a million of them, let everyone get what they want.

Today:

20200829_170027.jpg

I agree except I’m tired of the chase lol. Especially now with all the apps and bots. When the whole rafflle thing started, I always thought it was crazy entering a raffle hoping to win to PURCHASE lol.

Nice Union’s by the way. Right on for the pic. Can’t tell the difference as I never had them or really looked.

Last edited:
Personally I hate the chase. Life is too short to waste filling out raffles and wasting energy on impossible releases. I would rather it be easy. Make a million of them, let everyone get what they want.

But they do make a ton of regular releases, y'all act like you can't go to footlocker right now and buy a ton of nike product. If these weren't limited or sought after most wouldnt want them, you could go to your local store and cop and be about your day. We wouldn't even be having this discussion right now.. how boring is that? Same with the guavas and off noirs we all know for a fact they'd be sitting and possibly going on discount if they released in regular quantities at foot stores. Idk to me thats no fun.

Back
Top Bottom