Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I dumped some Sb a few years back at a loss, I will not do that again.
for your ub, you may just wanna go ahead and sell for retail if possible, or just gift them to some kid, or wear them - they are pretty comfortable.
My friends give me shoes to give to my students. I hold FREE raffles for students with good attendance, effort and grades. Always nice seeing good kids from poor socioeconomic backgrounds face light up

My friends give me shoes to give to my students. I hold FREE raffles for students with good attendance, effort and grades. Always nice seeing good kids from poor socioeconomic backgrounds face light up
That’s pretty dope. I like that.

Curious, do you guys just take a loss and sell for cheap just to get rid of it? ie. I went ham and bought A LOT of ultraboosts and nmds last year, various colors for outfits and all. But now i rather get rid of 5-6 pairs I hardly wear to get something of quality like Ive been really really wanting a pair of Travis Scott 1s/Union 1s/Off white 5s

NMDs are completely dead, you might as well sell for a loss because those things are never coming back in style with the way Adidas has flooded the market.. I have a bunch of DS NMD R1s myself that I’m considering donating for the tax write offs since selling them will be a hassle and I’ll get close to nothing for them (I was REALLY into NMD R1s a few years ago).

UBs you can at least use as running/gym shoes for the next few years though so you should consider actually keeping/using those.

Question for the thread:

What's the point of having a gargantuan number of shoes (that deteriorate)....if you're never going to wear them ?

Is it for clout or is it an addiction ?

It’s an addiction but more like a hobby that’s gotten out of control than a drug problem, obviously... I’m close to 200 pairs at the moment and it’s honestly a hassle dealing with them (2 full storage units of DS kicks). I love sneakers and none of this has gotten in the way of my finances but it’s definitely become a hassle. On the plus side, at least shoes are relatively easy to move unlike other hobbies like collecting cars, etc.

I think most of us been doing this so long.
from the days where stacking them boxes high as hell in the closet was the GOAL.

and we just carried it on to adult life.

there was none of this frustration.

The “NEED” for a pair back then was so pure.
the JOY was so authentic.

when NT market place WAS my stockX lol.

now we just happy to not lose. no matter the shoe.

it’s time.
Hell. I still haven’t unds’s Royals I’ve had for at least 3 years now.

It’s hilarious because I have so many pairs of DS 1s but those 2017 Royals are one of the few pairs of OG 1s I’ve actually worn to death the past few years because they’re simply really wearable.

Question for the thread:

What's the point of having a gargantuan number of shoes (that deteriorate)....if you're never going to wear them ?

Never been about clout/attention for me. I’m in a wheelchair, and have always been the “only one” in all of my environments/social circles (family, work, school, organizations, etc.). As a result, I’ve ALWAYS stood out like a sore thumb, so never needed shoes or clothes or anything like that to stand out or stand apart to get attention like that. Just is what it is. As for an addiction? Naw. Number 1, I don’t have a “lack of control,” or a “compulsion” to buy shoes. Number 2, having family members with for real addictions, naw, I wouldn’t even refer to me buying shoes every once and a while as an addition. Not even jokingly. Shoes and video games have always been my jam since I was a kid, so I’ve just always bought them since I was able to. Not to brag, but for me personally, not walking means that my shoes stay pretty much perfect forever (outside of oxidation, which only REALLY affects the shoes I wear super often in the elements). So since my shoes stay in damn near perfect condition, my almost 200 pair collection is an accumulation of over 20+ years, and I have worn like 95% of them (COVID has paused me wearing some of my newer pickups). So just speaking for myself, my “gargantuan” collection has pretty much all been worn, and won’t really deteriorate.

Question for the thread:

For me it was an addiction, not a terrible one but an addiction nonetheless. As years went by and I started thinking more on family and the future I started to really get away from collecting. I'll always enjoy sneakers but right now my plan is to get to about 50-60 pairs that get wear instead of hoarding stuff that I can easily sell. Alias & StockX have been my go-to lately and I turn around and put that money in the market or into my house or my daughter's future. I didn't think like that in my 20's but I wish I did.

Not my pic

9ny8j91jbks51.jpg

I honestly didn't expect so many open and honest answers from yall. Admitting to addiction (especially publically) isn't the easiest pill to swallow.

As for me personally, definitely addiction. Consumerism is a deadly trap. The state of how difficult it is to obtain kicks today, definitely helped me fall back.

I shouldn't have fight software programs (bots), shotty websites, low inventory, and thousands of other buyers, just for material goods.

There's also the fact that Nike intentionally bastardizes retros, by making the previous release inferior. (I.e. Black Infrared 6, 2014 vs 2019)

We're all just rocking "authentic" replicas.

Last edited:
Damn, ya'll really putting it into perspective for me. I'm at about 120 pairs and have been itching to downsize for a minute. I guess I'll start off with the stuff I was planning on moving anyway and then dip into the stuff I was keeping for my personal collection.

Like most, it's more of an addiction for me. Plus add on to that the fact that holding shoes is never a bad investment as long as they don't crumble or retro. How long do 4's last before they start to crumble?

Air Jordan 1 High OG WMNS “Silver Toe”
Color: Black/Metallic Silver-White-Black
Style Code: CD0461-001
Release Date: February 12, 2021
Price: $170
1602526450399.png

1602526464925.png

1602526431735.png
I can hope but probably to no avail that these come in extended women sizes. I'll just add these to my growing list of 1's I won't be able to wear, smh.

Air Jordan 1 High OG WMNS “Silver Toe”
Color: Black/Metallic Silver-White-Black
Style Code: CD0461-001
Release Date: February 12, 2021
Price: $170
1602526450399.png

1602526464925.png

1602526431735.png
These are dope, but nothing super mind blowing. Also, already have both the Cold Pizza Dunk SB Lows, and the Tin Man Dunk SB Highs, so these would be just too damn redundant in my own rotation. Good luck to those that will be after them though, as they’re gonna be hyped as a result of being a 1 OG High, being called the “Silver Toes,” and being a Women’s release (dope colorways of Women’s releases always get hyped/sought after since Men are also shooting for them).

Question for the thread:

It’s an addiction.

Right now I’m sittin on 90+ pairs (I know it’s not a bunch) but I’m really considering downsizing and gettin rid of a lot. At this point it’s jus sittin there in my closet and jus wasting space.

I know someone out there would enjoy them more than me. I know I’ll keep pairs that I absolutely love regardless if I wear them or not but the bulk of my collection is the thrill of the chase and finally owning a pair that I really won’t wear but glad I have them. Jus sounds dumb to me in my head ya know.

I jus need to learn to let go of this ”hoarding” and start being selective on what I would wear and not jus keep around because it’s pretty to look at. Hopefully I can come to a conclusion somewhat soon.

What was your experience?
Wasted money on something to pull out of the box and take pics of every 6 months. By the time you wear your first pair out JB retro’s it again. And if it’s not a Jordan 1 or a dunk you have roughly a 10 year life span, I have a stack of shoes barely worn that have fell apart on me and most were doubles that I bought. We all have so many shoes to wear we shouldn’t need to double up unless it’s just a grail.

Can't imagine needing 50 pairs of sneakers, unless they're for sale. I actually have about 35-40 pairs of kicks that I plan on selling. About 25 of those are 1s and only holding them so I can go crazy on Mochas. I NEED 5 pairs of those at minimum. I'm basic as fugg, wear prolly 3-4 pairs of kicks regularly. I flip more sneakers in a week than I own. Grabbed 6 pairs of clay greens and wear those 3 days out 7 most weeks :rofl: on my 2nd pair already.

Back
Top Bottom