Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
20201111_122332.jpg Banned 'Disco' 1 custom where the historic silhouette is given a glitter ball treatment. An homage to MJs dislike of disco music. :lol:

Really? Would love to hear more about it and how much it affected them.

It's no secret managers get paid off to slide pairs to resellers, friends, etc. Before all of this, bouncers were getting paid by resellers to skip lines too. Even things like telling their homies when a restock no one knew about was happening. It was never a helpful attitude toward folks that just wanted the shoes. That's part of why you could be first in line only for a store to open up and say "No7.5-9 left"etc.

I work with a girl that even told me it was easier for her/her manager to just set the shoes up in a stack and have the reseller come get them than to deal with the craziness that comes from lines, especially in NYC. None of that was happening (at least to that extent) once Foot Apps became a thing.

I'm sure some people still ate.. that's just the game but I vividly remember when I first started winning from Foot Apps and would go pick up... a LOT of sick faces on the employees likely from not being able to back door or eat up all the pairs.

There are even people on this very board that have confirmed some of this by saying they literally did it :lol: I've had conversations with people that lost their 'plug' because the manager got caught doing something (be it backdoor or something else).

It's no secret managers get paid off to slide pairs to resellers, friends, etc. Before all of this, bouncers were getting paid by resellers to skip lines too. Even things like telling their homies when a restock no one knew about was happening. It was never a helpful attitude toward folks that just wanted the shoes. That's part of why you could be first in line only for a store to open up and say "No7.5-9 left"etc.

I work with a girl that even told me it was easier for her/her manager to just set the shoes up in a stack and have the reseller come get them than to deal with the craziness that comes from lines, especially in NYC. None of that was happening (at least to that extent) once Foot Apps became a thing.

I'm sure some people still ate.. that's just the game but I vividly remember when I first started winning from Foot Apps and would go pick up... a LOT of sick faces on the employees likely from not being able to back door or eat up all the pairs.

There are even people on this very board that have confirmed some of this by saying they literally did it :lol: I've had conversations with people that lost their 'plug' because the manager got caught doing something (be it backdoor or something else).

Hopefully those days return.

footstore employees used to be so sick when I would come pick up yeezy W's on the footapps. I remember when I hit all 3 black friday stripe yeezys and the employee's eyes was wide and shocked to see I hit 3 on 1 account and even heard the dude try to devise a plan to try to only limit me to pick up 1.

also another story of when I won Royal 1's on the footapp and when I get there to pick up (before noon) and they told me "they don't know how they don't have my size that I won", then told me to come back later with the leftover FCFS line to see what sizes they have left to give me my guaranteed pair.

Back
Top Bottom