Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Other than ‘85s, Unions and Silver Japan’s, anything outside of OGs don’t even matter.
See this is that sheep mentality

“I only like them if they’re OG”

What if I told you Mike wore Bred toes in 85? What if I told you Black/whites were a retro +?
Same exact shoes, just Mike wore or didn’t wear them. It doesn’t change if a shoe is dope or not.... Nostalgia aside because you weren’t watching Mike in 85 anyway

See this is that sheep mentality

“I only like them if they’re OG”

What if I told you Mike wore Bred toes in 85? What if I told you Black/whites were a retro +?
Same exact shoes, just Mike wore or didn’t wear them. It doesn’t change if a shoe is dope or not.... Nostalgia aside because you weren’t watching Mike in 85 anyway

Sheep? Actually, sheep mentality is exclusive to those who buy anything Nike puts out. OG colorways are non-negotiably THE BEST LOOKING.

Silver toe quality is very very good. Only other recent pair of 1s I have to compare to is mochas. Would be a pure banger if the silver was more matte like the japans.

:nthat:

I never get EA

22FC8B29-AD12-43A0-9724-4CE24A7874CC.png

Last edited:
I’m definitely of the mindset that OGs are the best, but only because they (purposefully) don’t replicate exactly what they do with OG colors, just with different colors. Even when they get close, they throw on different materials (like suede, nubuck, etc), they mess up the tongue tag (material and/or color), or throw some other unneeded details. If JB actually took classic color blockings and kept them 100% faithful (down to whether the tongue tag is white with the colored NA, like on the Chis, black w/ the color, like on the Blk/Reds, etc.), the ONLY THING changed were the colored portions, I’d argue they could whip up something I’d take over some OGs. The colors put on OGs are all dope IMO (red, UNC blue, royal blue, Kentucky blue, etc.), but those colors in particular don’t hold some position as best colors in the world to me, and I don’t have any allegiance to the combo of red, black, and white. Sure the types of deviations I’m talking about wouldn’t have that “MJ wore them” connection, or that “they came out 35 years ago” connection, but PURELY from a looks standpoint, those things don’t matter.

I'm not as into the new unc's but my 1.0s are super clean and are rarely worn so it just doesn't make sense for me.

Turbos should scratch the itch if I ever feel like I need another somewhat unc blue shoe.

Back
Top Bottom