• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Y’all been in a coma?

As long as releases are botted at release/sold out instantly (and not sitting on B&M shelves like some GR retros are currently), I don’t consider the hype fading. Obviously, not all cws are going to have insane resell from the jump but wider releases like University Blues and Hyper Royal are still commanding insane resell, less than a year after release. This isn’t even considering any of the collab or even 85 releases either.

Looks like 1s finally gonna fall off soon, especially with these types of colorways. Marinas and GTs the only pairs I'd cop.

People said this when B/W Yin Yangs and Metallic Navys, etc. could be had at outlets for < $100 and the exact opposite happened since then lol

Nike/JB aren’t stupid-they know how important OG 1s are to the brand.

Well how about we all stop buying these mid colorways so we can get the good stuff then :rofl:

I totally forgot about the mids becoming popular suddenly. There's no way we are getting OGs any time soon. :lol:

They’re getting younger people to buy Mids so they can drive up the hype/allure of more expensive OG 1s and 85s. They’ve successfully been able to push up retail prices as well. OG 1s were $130 retail 6-7 years ago or so, now they’re creeping up closer to $200 retail, which is insane.

Don't people like to use the secondary market to justify how hyped shoes are? Maybe Nike does the same thing or you know, can also gauge based on how many returns they get. I believe we'll see some OG cw's real soon if the recent cw's on the secondary market are any indication. Volt gold constant restocks/"EA", metallic purple below retail on sx, pollens barely above retail. J1 fatigue happening or they're overproducing on these cw's. Either way, Nike/JB gotta do something to bring the hype back.

More Metallic 1s are needed but not like the Purple ones with the wrong tongue. I would like to see Green and Orange, and not using the “85” mold because that would look horrendous.

I believe after that, there would only be Metallic Black, Deep Red/Maroon and Purple done properly.

Don't people like to use the secondary market to justify how hyped shoes are? Maybe Nike does the same thing or you know, can also gauge based on how many returns they get. I believe we'll see some OG cw's real soon if the recent cw's on the secondary market are any indication. Volt gold constant restocks/"EA", metallic purple below retail on sx, pollens barely above retail. J1 fatigue happening or they're overproducing on these cw's. Either way, Nike/JB gotta do something to bring the hype back.

I can 10000% guarantee you Nike uses the secondary market pricing to fuel release strategy. To what extent, I’m not sure but I can tell you that it was much harder to do so without the centralized marketplaces of StockX/GOAT in the past but now they use these as reference points. You can tell they are doing this by how they have recently (in the past few years) leveraged collaborators that attract a lot of hype/resell to help move models that they have invested a lot into (that aren’t selling) or feel are in need of an additional marketing push I.e. Travis XX3s and Union Jordan Zoom 92s. Ironically, they are doing this in the upcoming months with the Air Jordan 2s, which they struggled to sell at $190 retail after the 2015 “remastered” price increases (nearly all AJ2 releases went on sale) but are trying to increase demand for with the Union and O-W collabs. I’m not sure this will do it for the AJ2 but I guess we’ll find out in the next year or two.

More Metallic 1s are needed but not like the Purple ones with the wrong tongue. I would like to see Green and Orange, and not using the “85” mold because that would look horrendous.

I believe after that, there would only be Metallic Black, Deep Red/Maroon and Purple done properly.

The issue is, Metallics haven’t really moved all that well in the past. Navy and Reds sat and went on discount. Hell, even the Metallic Purples haven’t had much resale, even with the renewed retro hype since the Navy and Red releases. My theory is this is why they tried releasing the purples in women’s-only sizes.

The leather tongues killed those purples. Obsidians for today.
501AE77B-1ED6-4D80-819E-63404735ACC1.jpeg

Last good year of Jordan 1's we got was 2019.
Imo, 2020 edges out 2019 and I feel 2021 edges out 2020. But no year beats 2018. The shear amount of pairs with dope colorways and quality, as far as 1's go, and with comfort of the remastered mold any other year is hard pressed to beat it. The only other year that comes close imo is 2013 with 5 OG colorways, JBC's, XQ's, Knicks but with the decrease in comfort of the older mold and the Jumpman branding on the Chi's, 2013 loses a few points.

I maintain that the Hyper Royals and University Blues alone make this a pretty good year.

…throw in the Shadow 2.0s and it’s gold Jerry, gold.

Anyone willing to list the highlights as far of each years releases. As far as the remastered model?

Anyone willing to list the highlights as far of each years releases. As far as the remastered model?
Fragment
OG Chi, OG UNC, SBB, DSM, White Laser
OG Met. Blue, OG Bred, OG Blacktoe, OG Kentucky, Satin Bred, Top 3, SBB 2.0, Ying, Yang, David Letterman
OG Met. Red, OG Royal, Spike Lee Fort Greene, Satin Royal, Chi "Off-White", Gold Top 3, Rust Pink, Igloo, Aleali May Satin Shadow, All-star, Wings, Sail, Triple Black, Gatorade pack (4 pair), Wheat, Flyknit Bred, Flyknit Royal, Jeter, LHM, Quai 54, both White and Black Perforated
OG Shadow, both Solefly, both Union, both Not For Resale, Triple White and UNC "Off-White", Best Hand In The Game pack (4 pair), ROTY, Spiderman, H2H, Hyper Royal, Game Royal, Gold Toe, Bred Toe, Pine Green 1.0, Court Purple 1 0, Niguel Sylvester (BMX), Nike trademark pack (3 pair), PSG, Sports Illustrated, City of Flight, Niguel Sylvester (noise cancellation), BHM Flyknit, Jeter Flynit, Shadow Flyknit, Clay Green Flyknit
LA 2 CHI, Travis Scott, SBB 3.0, Turbo Green, Fearless UNC 2 CHI, Obsidian UNC, Black Gym Red, SP Gina, Couture, Phantom, Black/Crimson Tint, Neutral Grey/Crimson Tint, NYC 2 PARIS, Bloodline, Tour Yellow Defiant, First Class Fliight

This is a lot right now. I'll finish this later after work lol!!

Back
Top Bottom