Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Crinkled Leather Js for today

867EAA0C-D464-4871-A242-5630133955F7.jpeg

True. As soon as they put a fanny pack on the model the mods probably should have retired the thread, tbh.
I’ve said before the hypes getting ready to die down. If people would show some restraint on resale we’ll be able to get all we missed and wanted later on. But that’s just speaking for people not into the got to have it now hype and are in it for the long run.

So now any Orange sneaker is called SBB? This thing is Orange and Brown.
Pretty much. It definitely is played out that every orange Jordan 1 gets the SBB label, and clearly every orange Jordan 1 isn't a SBB, but I think the main contributing factor with these specifically is the fact that the specific shade of orange is "Starfish." Seeing as that shade made its debut on the original SBBs, and then the SBB 2.0s after those, that shade of orange will be inextricably linked to the SBBs. As a result any Jordan, 1 or otherwise, that uses that shade, will probably informally/unofficially receive the "SBB" label/naming into perpetuity.

True question. If Jordan 1’s aren’t in style anymore who will still wear them? 🤚
They've been around for 37 years for a reason. They're never going to not be "in style" to some segment of the population unless we go back to "everyone wears suits" like it's the 1940s. And even then people like me would still wear them with our suits lol.

They've been around for 37 years for a reason. They're never going to not be "in style" to some segment of the population unless we go back to "everyone wears suits" like it's the 1940s. And even then people like me would still wear them with our suits lol.
Disagree. 94/95’s tanked and 01’s were easy to get for a long time. I bought what I wanted at retail until The Last Dance came out.

I can’t think of a time in my life when Chuck Taylors weren’t a fundamental reality in everyday street wear. They’ve ebbed and flowed a bit, but they’ve always been around.

They’ve survived every fashion trend for the better part of a 100 years.

Jordan 1s will be rocked on Mars and planets outside of our solar system at some point in the future.

…they are immortal.

76EB23EA-27B5-46CD-8942-82070196FEE4.jpeg

Last edited:
Disagree. 94/95’s tanked and 01’s were easy to get for a long time. I bought what I wanted at retail until The Last Dance came out.
You're confusing "in style" with "demand outpacing supply." There were plenty of CWs that hit sale & outlets while others were selling out instantly after the remastered era started with tthe Chis in 2015, and that's simply because certain pairs had more production.

And sure, trends come and go, but if you're asking people on a thread titled "Best Model" if they'll stop wearing AJ1 Highs just because Kanye's lateat weird creation is popular on IG, I think I know how most folks here will reply.

I can’t think of a time in my life when Chuck Taylors weren’t a fundamental reality in everyday street wear. They’ve ebbed and flowed a bit, but they’ve always been around.

They’ve survived every fashion trend for the better part of a 100 years.

Jordan 1s will be rocked on Mars and planets outside of our solar system at some point in the future.

…they are immortal.

76EB23EA-27B5-46CD-8942-82070196FEE4.jpeg

This.

Jordan 1s have essentially cemented themselves as a step up/upgrade from Air Force 1s, in the everyday wear/casual wear segment. I’m more curious to what happens to the current Dunk wave, those us us who remember the post NYC Pigeon SB Dunk wave of the mid-2000s remember when that hype wave died.

Back
Top Bottom