Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
My **** about fake shoes is that they as expensive if not more than real shoes :rofl: They're OD now like $150-200. "b-b-b-b-ut resale is $1,000" so get ya money up or get something else. I don't get the "need" that leads to copping fakes. There are more releases, more pairs to choose from than ever before. But some some reason mfs tell themselves they "need" some backwards swoosh 1s :smh:

I ain't no expert.

But if the shoes I buy resell are double authenticated (Ebay/Check Check) and they're actually fakes, then I'm kind of like...whatever.

As long as they look and feel good...I guess ignorance is bliss.

I said something similar to this in the Zadeh thread weeks ago

😂😂😂

Bro at this point there is no retail options for me. I haven't hit on a ftl app in years, if fakes are this meticulous and are passing through this level of authentication checks then I might just have to rock out with the dark side entirely.

Sneaker shopping is more trouble than it's worth at this point.

It's funny we used to clown fakes because of quality and price-point (to some extent). Now we have damn near 1:1 reps (maybe) that cost as much if not more than retail pairs, and are potentially made in same factory. Have we all just bought into the Nike marketing that their approved products are that much superior?

9/10 "sneakerheads" don't even know whats real anymore. I been doing this long enough that I used to think I could spot a fake from a mile away, now I'm honestly not sure whats what. I know dudes are going to use this issue to point fingers at Zadeh, but (as I also stated in the Zadeh thread) what about Ebay and GOAT? They are also passing his shoes and others from bulk sellers.

Hell I'm not even sure its a zadeh related issue. StockX is already pushing back by saying this is smear campaign by nike in retaliation for the NFT business that SX is trying to get off the ground.

My **** about fake shoes is that they as expensive if not more than real shoes :rofl: They're OD now like $150-200. "b-b-b-b-ut resale is $1,000" so get ya money up or get something else. I don't get the "need" that leads to copping fakes. There are more releases, more pairs to choose from than ever before. But some some reason mfs tell themselves they "need" some backwards swoosh 1s :smh:
Bro you know I been around here just as long as you. I've never knowingly copped fakes (although over the last year I have spent a good deal of money with zadeh, with no shame).

If the "fakes" are made in same factory, by same workers, with same materials, why wouldn't they charge whatever the going rate is? I mean thats just business at that point.

Nike created this monster. They continue to make it harder to get shoes to their consumers. Even with their pivot to direct to consumer I get fewer sneakers for retail (outside of Zadeh) than ever before (I think my last retail sneaker was South Beach 8s last summer).

Resellers, Countereiters etc are just feeding a demand that Nike has created due to their scarcity marketing tactics.

Stockx should probably stay out of NFTs and not go up against nike…them not existing would actually be beneficial on various levels I think.

Fakes for me wasn’t ever about the quality or price

It’s the principalities
Principalities of what? Being loyal to a company that doesn't care about you. That doesn't value the THOUSANDS most of us have poured into their products. Hell what about the time we have spent helping to fuel the hype around their products or the free marketing many of us have done while posting pics/ news about upcoming or previously released items.

I been on NIKEtalk for damn near 20 years and I've seen nike acknowledge the board a handful of times and never with an actual product or even THANK YOU.

I can only be but so principaled when it comes to capitalism. Its always **** the fakes, but this isn't a principal issue with me at this point. I really just want the best product I can get for my money.

Last edited:
Principalities of what? Being loyal to a company that doesn't care about you. That doesn't value the THOUSANDS most of us have poured into their products. Hell what about the time we have spend helping to fuel the hype around their products or the free marketing many of us have done while posting pics/ news about upcoming or previously released items.

I been on NIKEtalk for damn near 20 years and I've seen nike acknowledge the board a handful of times and never with an actual product or even THANK YOU.

I can only be but so principaled when it comes to capitalism. Its always **** the fakes, but this isn't a principal issue with me at this point. I really just want the best product I can get for my money.
I hear you fam and I see that side as well.

For me I just don’t rock with fake stuff, maybe it’s a morality thing. Im not rocking with a fake Rolex, fake jewelry, fake Jordan’s, and wouldn’t let my girls rock em or a fake LV. It’s not about the actual company caring about me. If I’m a fool then so be it.

It is an interesting debate that pops up here every now and then. “What If they were literally 1:1, the exact same”. That’s tricky but I wouldn’t feel right.

The one time I found myself giving that a second thought was in a Kobe protro thread I think someone said the fakes were actually better constructed for the court, had more zoom. That had me pause for a second but idk if that’s even true.

For me I just don’t rock with fake stuff, maybe it’s a morality thing. Im not rocking with a fake Rolex, fake jewelry, fake Jordan’s, and wouldn’t let my girls rock em or a fake LV. It’s not about the actual company caring about me. If I’m a fool then so be it.

It is an interesting debate that pops up here every now and then. “What If they were literally 1:1, the exact same”. That’s tricky but I wouldn’t feel right.

The one time I found myself giving that a second thought was in a Kobe protro thread I think someone said the fakes were actually better constructed for the court, had more zoom. That had me pause for a second but idk if that’s even true.
I'm like you man I pride myself on knowing my kicks are "real". I totally get the principalities of it despite my argument.

I just don't think I'm as steadfast about it as I once was. I will never knowingly buy fakes, but that Kobe situation is a perfect example of why I can no longer harshly judge someone who dabbles in that world.

I don't know if I can judge anyone in fakes at this point to be honest. SX is a billion dollar company that moves "authenticates" thousands of sneakers a day, same with ebay, same with goat. How can I judge someone for going above and beyond (including paying extra) to acquire something only to find out later that the shoes is fake.

If nike goes hard at SX it will impact the entire sneaker industry. SX is a much bigger player than people care to acknowledge.

Would never willingly purchase fakes but also would wear a pair I paid resale for that passed one of these sites "authentication" process. No way I'm taking a $200+ L on an inaccuracy that I'd have to disassemble the shoe to find.

But the difference in those fakes items is people buy them because they are cheaper than the retail product. They can't afford/don't want to spend the money on the real thing so they get the fake alternative for much cheaper.

Bro you know I been around here just as long as you. I've never knowingly copped fakes (although over the last year I have spent a good deal of money with zadeh, with no shame).

If the "fakes" are made in same factory, by same workers, with same materials, why wouldn't they charge whatever the going rate is? I mean thats just business at that point.

Nike created this monster. They continue to make it harder to get shoes to their consumers. Even with their pivot to direct to consumer I get fewer sneakers for retail (outside of Zadeh) than ever before (I think my last retail sneaker was South Beach 8s last summer).

Resellers, Countereiters etc are just feeding a demand that Nike has created due to their scarcity marketing tactics.
They could charge w/e they want for fakes. I ain't mad at the producers for getting their money and exploiting stupid buyers, it's the buyers I'm laughing at. $175 on some fake **** cuz folks are so desperate to have the flavor of the month or the "it" shoe? There's sooooo much stuff that drops nowadays just get something else and get on with your life after release date.

Look at the pairs people want fakes of on r/repsneakers. They want travis scott jordans, fragment 1s, off white nike/jordans, sean wotherspoon air maxes. Hype collabs, dime a dozen **** for dime a dozen dudes.

They could charge w/e they want for fakes. I ain't mad at the producers for getting their money and exploiting stupid buyers, it's the buyers I'm laughing at. $175 on some fake **** cuz folks are so desperate to have the flavor of the month or the "it" shoe? There's sooooo much stuff that drops nowadays just get something else and get on with your life after release date.

Look at the pairs people want fakes of on r/repsneakers. They want travis scott jordans, fragment 1s, off white nike/jordans, sean wotherspoon air maxes. Hype collabs, dime a dozen **** for dime a dozen dudes.
While I agree with you to some extent if you're to believe the Zadeh bashers apparently they (he) is making fakes of EVERYTHING from GRs to super limited kicks like the Travis Scott's.

It's not just the hype shoes.

Can’t rock with fakes it has nothing to do with the company itself and more of a personal choice. Gucci and LV could care less about customers as well. Some things will sell regardless of how the company image is. If fakes were actually made with quality(which they aren’t) shoes included nobody would be able to tell the difference. Although I will admit shoes are very very close to what Nike is making. But we’re talking about making a shoe it cannot be that hard.

How can some of y’all seriously believe that the fakes are made in the same Nike factory with the same materials, when the fakes have several differences which make them fail inspection. How? Y’all just WANT to believe that craziness. Show me a perfect 1:1. Doesn’t exist. Never has. Not once. Stop this foolishness.

How can some of y’all seriously believe that the fakes are made in the same Nike factory with the same materials, when the fakes have several differences which make them fail inspection. How? Y’all just WANT to believe that craziness. Show me a perfect 1:1. Doesn’t exist. Never has. Not once. Stop this foolishness.
While I understand your argument. What about the fakes that supposedly do pass inspection as confirmed by Nike?

How did they not fail? Why were the tells not apparent.

That would all depend on exactly who verified them first off. And obviously and very small percentage of bootleggers work is good enough to pass.

Back
Top Bottom