Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Rocked my "we got Chicagos at home" 1s today...

20240411_151412-jpg.3242000

Not really, almost all Air Jordan 1 OG Highs are complete bricks nowadays. Don’t see how team reds would be any different.
I’m pretty sure he’s trying to allude to the colorway with his surprised sentiments. With that said People don’t really love Chicago’s like that, there was a pole and most the fools in here chose Bred 1s over Chicagos being better out of the two. People want to feel included exactly why this thread about the Jordan 1 is followed by so many who don’t even like the shoe. But soon as a Union, trav, etc drop now they love the shoe. It’s weird times because ppl have stopped thinking on their own and now let social media guide their minds to a purchase. I don’t care if a shoe sits or sell if it’s a Jordan 1 most likely I’ll buy it as I like the silhouette.

I’m pretty sure he’s trying to allude to the colorway with his surprised sentiments. With that said People don’t really love Chicago’s like that, there was a pole and most the fools in here chose Bred 1s over Chicagos being better out of the two. People want to feel included exactly why this thread about the Jordan 1 is followed by so many who don’t even like the shoe. But soon as a Union, trav, etc drop now they love the shoe. It’s weird times because ppl have stopped thinking on their own and now let social media guide their minds to a purchase. I don’t care if a shoe sits or sell if it’s a Jordan 1 most likely I’ll buy it as I like the silhouette.
The problem is that 85s are releasing in OG cws and the OG AJ 1 high is flooded with so many cws that few people care for and Nike/JB had the audacity to increase retail to $180. Few if any people are dropping $180 on Mauves, for example.

At least Unions and Travis have storytelling and thought put into them and aren’t some mindless derivative cw like so many of the retro+ cws nowadays are.

The problem is that 85s are releasing in OG cws and the OG AJ 1 high is flooded with so many cws that few people care for and Nike/JB had the audacity to increase retail to $180. Few if any people are dropping $180 on Mauves, for example.

At least Unions and Travis have storytelling and thought put into them and aren’t some mindless derivative cw like so many of the retro+ cws nowadays are.
The term “flooded” is cringey I don’t understand what any of stock levels matter to a person who see the shoe and says hey it’s nice looking that’s why I’m buying. The concept of buying do to availability or resell value is what is really killing the “game”. Buy what you like not what has value to resell

never paying retail for a AJ1 GR again.. got my mauves for $90 :emoji_heart_eyes:

storytelling in shoes ruined the market to me

jordan brand turned into hallmark and stopped making shoes people truly like

forced stories to make a wack shoe sell is the goofiest, saddest thing ever

you want a story wear a newspaper

and when I say that I’m not talking to you I’m just using this post as a launching pad to my own rant

Ever since the Yeezy/Off-White The Ten Collaboration the whole shoe game been a circus. Nike/Jordan have forgotten ppl will always buy shoes. “Good work sell itself” no need for all the extra stuff to sell sneakers
Yep, they don’t put enough thought into the designs they they are releasing and we end up with trash like Brotherhoods and Mauves (the former ironically having the storytelling but lacking any semblance of a coherent design).

The term “flooded” is cringey I don’t understand what any of stock levels matter to a person who see the shoe and says hey it’s nice looking that’s why I’m buying. The concept of buying do to availability or resell value is what is really killing the “game”. Buy what you like not what has value to resell
I mean being able to offload worn pairs and get what you paid (or close to) after wearing them for several years is a huge benefit of shoes holding their resale value.

Yep, they don’t put enough thought into the designs they they are releasing and we end up with trash like Brotherhoods and Mauves (the former ironically having the storytelling but lacking any semblance of a coherent design).
I love both brotherhood and mauves lol mauves a bit more but i get what your saying. They are all over the place putting men color ways on women exclusive, putting women colors (Skyline; JBalvin) men sizing just dropping the ball on kids exclusive colorways that could have been Full Family. Company all over the place except on target :rofl:

Back
Top Bottom