Votes: 238 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I swear Nike/JB need to rerelease all the Jordan 1's released from this time period where they used this shotty paint with the glitter showing and give vouchers to all who purchased in the past to repurchase with a major discount. This is beyond sad. My black/red, royals and sbb 1s all have this and regardless of how many times I clean them, it appears to get worse and worse.
20240523_201150.jpg

Had glitter on my black and red pair after they sat in the box for a while. I have them in a drop front box and wear them regularly (once every 10 days or so) and have had no glitter since putting them in the regular rotation. Same with my Shadows. Seems like if they get fresh air regularly they don't glitter. Maybe it's the universe telling you to wear your sneakers

I swear Nike/JB need to rerelease all the Jordan 1's released from this time period where they used this shotty paint with the glitter showing and give vouchers to all who purchased in the past to repurchase with a major discount. This is beyond sad. My black/red, royals and sbb 1s all have this and regardless of how many times I clean them, it appears to get worse and worse.
20240523_201150.jpg
Damn I gotta check my pair out as well. I haven't worn them for over a year now. Does not wearing them often cause this glitter to happen quicker?

The only real complaint about the glitter/spew is that once enough comes out of the pores/leather it starts to leave the black discolored. It's almost like the pore of the leather lost its paint, it's especially bad on my Royals. I'm thinking I need to touch them up with some black paint when I can.

20240523_201150.jpg
Do you keep them in the box?

I don’t do that with my 2016 Breds and the glitter hasn’t been an issue.

…not since I wiped them off a year ago.

Last edited:
^Inspect your pair.
Glitter occurrence is a sign of legitimacy

I’m just messing with you. I don’t get the glitter anymore since I keep my pairs out of the boxes

This is one of the reasons why I always laugh when people talk about “good quality” or “good materials” on Jordans lol

They use the cheapest **** they can find
Spew only happens when there’s an error in the manufacturing process and the leather isn’t treated correctly. The materials could be good or bad but they definitely had a few years where there was a serious mistake in how they treated leather

I fixed it by soaking my pair in isopropyl alcohol for like 24 hours. All that glitter rubbed right off. I did that at least 10 times on my 2016 banned pairs, and also soaked them in acetone overnight to finish it off before I sold it on stockx

Just did this and can confirm.. solid results.

Just did this and can confirm.. solid results.
Glitter in some ways proves authenticity. I haven't bothered to wipe down my sneakers (when selling) from that era because of it.

Usually people paying a couple hundred over retail know about it beforehand.

Spew only happens when there’s an error in the manufacturing process and the leather isn’t treated correctly. The materials could be good or bad but they definitely had a few years where there was a serious mistake in how they treated leather

Still going to laugh when people talk about good quality on Jordan’s. For as much as we’re getting charged, the quality isn’t any near on par.

People think just because it’s “tumbled” or they pushed down on it and it does whatever it’s good quality lol. It’s funny to me

Sure it used to be worse, but it still isn’t good imo. That’s like saying this piece of 💩 smells better than that piece of 💩 :lol:

Why do dudes ignore that it’s spew? Wipe them a million times, won’t clean up until you use spew remover.

Do you own any pairs that have glitter and have you used this on those same pairs? Do you have before and after pics? Suggestions on NT like this tend to get a good response with proof. Many MANY things have been suggested on this board that do and don’t work. Proof tends to go over better most times.

Examples have been things like sole glow, ritt dye, re-gluing soles, like 3 different kinds of wipes for glitter, etc. (maintenance thread is filled with random recommendations for issues).

Back
Top Bottom