Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
@babyJs23  Definitely agree on the latter part of the statement. The price tag seems very arbitrary though, at least as an indicator of quality. Recent AJ1s have had better quality but have been cheaper than something like a AJ3 (thinking of the recent True Blue retro at least). 

@Cardiak  Admittedly I can't give my judgement on the most recent Chi retro because I don't own it and have only seen it from a distance. Might be the only remastered besides the UNC that I haven't held in-hand. 
mean.gif

I get your sentiment that the recent releases don't have AMAZING quality. They have their soft, usually tumbled, leather in some panels which comes off as being great quality to many. At the end of the day, as @babyJs23  mentioned, relative to what we got before 2015, though, i.e. 2013 releases, these recent remastered joints are pretty damn good. 

Even within that there are levels though because its understood that the 2011 Banned release was of superb quality, SBB's are also highly favored, and I would place the painted Lance Mountains in between the two. 

I think for a $160 shoe, nobody should have high expectations on the materials used but, there have been a few that definitely got our attentions as consumers and was a very nice step up from what we've been given prior.
So true but everyone wants giussuppe quality leather on their 1s for some reason [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Like I said, it's just funny when people rave about the leather being something so great when it's not. Back on topic though.

Last edited:
Trash by what standards though? Lemme guess you wish they'd been like the SBBs or something right? Leather on CHI 1s is as good as I would expect it to be for that shoe. Had they used a so called "better" leather I'm sure people like you would've eaten it up but it would've probably done nothing more than just alter the original intended look of the shoe. That said there is nothing plastic about the leather on 2015 Chi 1s. You're buggin.

QFT

It's all a matter of personal perspectives on a Jordan 1 and materials used and I think we should all respect others own opinions.

After all, not everyone will feel the same about a certain shoe. Some will agree and some will disagree. All that matters at the end of the day is if the person is satisfied with what they paid for.

Last edited:
I'm am more than ready for a remastered Shadow 1, Neutral Grey 1, all the colors of the Metallics, and I would love to see Nike/JB retro the Air Ships [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]

I'm am more than ready for a remastered Shadow 1, Neutral Grey 1, all the colors of the Metallics, and I would love to see Nike/JB retro the Air Ships [emoji]128588[/emoji][emoji]127996[/emoji]
Been waiting for air ships to retro for many years. I have a feeling it will never happen as JB wants to keep the "banned" myth about Jordan 1 black and red going into perpetuate.

Would love air ships to retro though. Any confirmation on Jordan wearing metallic red, in 85 pic, was that air ships or Jordan 1?

The leather on the chicagos isn't even good. Just a little soft on the toe box. Everywhere else feels like plastic leather. What is that guy talking about lol?

My 11.5 2015s have broken in the leather nicely. When i first got em they were stiff. Cant compare/contrast to black toes, dont own or like em

To echo what that guy was saying I don't think the Chicago quality is that great. From what I own Uncs, Breds, royals, sbb all better remastered quality or leather than chicagos

The leather on the chicagos isn't even good. Just a little soft on the toe box. Everywhere else feels like plastic leather. What is that guy talking about lol?

Chicago 1's leather isn't good now? Since when? :lol:

Chicago 1's leather isn't good now? Since when? :lol:

Yeah he doesn't know what he's talking about. People will just say anything these days.

Lol even tongue is soft. I aint exaggerating the 2015 chi, but picking them and feeling around the swoosh panel, red toebox piping and eyestay, tongue and heel leather feels nicer now but its not banned sbb frag quality.

And "dude" it feels like plastic leather at the end of the day. It's not that serious. You people that say "this leather is so good" or "amazing" are funny because it's trash at the end of the day.

Trash by what standards though? Lemme guess you wish they'd been like the SBBs or something right? Leather on CHI 1s is as good as I would expect it to be for that shoe. Had they used a so called "better" leather I'm sure people like you would've eaten it up but it would've probably done nothing more than just alter the original intended look of the shoe. That said there is nothing plastic about the leather on 2015 Chi 1s. You're buggin.

If he compared them to storm blues, 2014 black whites, barons i would think chi 2015 > than these 3
But i never implied to compared/contrasted to top quality 1s, whatever it is. Dudes taking things out of context [emoji]128513[/emoji]

Last edited by a moderator:
All my 1s are in the same ballpark when it comes to quality tbh. Certain shoes are a bit of an exception but I can't complain espicially considering what we've had prior to the NA releases

Finally got around to taking a photo of my three 1s. I've had some other 1s come and go over the last few years, but I've acquired these three over the last ~8 months and will be keeping them forever. Out of any 1s that are attainable (in my opinion), these are my favorites.
94 Chicagos - Chicago 1s are the quintessential Jordans, in my opinion. When I picture Michael Jordan playing or picture a pair of Air Jordans, these are the shoes that are ingrained into my mind as the shoe that the most important basketball player of all time wore. When I started getting more into buying shoes around 15, I dreamed of owning a pair of 85 or 94 Chicagos but I honestly prefer 94s; I've never seen any 94s peel at the collar like 85s and I was also lucky enough to find a pair that was lightly worn with original box, paper, and retro card for a very reasonable price (I was also born in 94, added incentive).

2014 Lance Mountains - the only shoes I like more than Jordan 1s are Nike Dunks, particularly SB Dunks. Royals are one of my other favorite colorways of OG 1s, and while I don't care for black/reds, they ight enough. Put two and two together and they're perfect. I love story behind them, I love that you can fully strip or just wear em as is. They look great with red/blue/white/black laces, and I preferred the white because there's more paint to wear down.

2015 Pinnacles - perfect depiction of the Jordan 1 as a fashion/casual sneaker. Similar to the Lances, they wear in rather than wear out. Best quality and leather I've had on a pair of Nike/Jordans. Not worth retail price but thankfully I was able to scoop a lightly worn pair for an incredible deal.

If he compared them to storm blues, 2014 black whites, barons i would think chi 2015 > than these 3
But i never implied to compared/contrasted to top quality 1s, whatever it is. Dudes taking things out of context [emoji]128513[/emoji]

I don't think you're referring to me when you said dudes are taking it out of context but dudes saying "Oh you want Cole Haan leather on jordans" blah blah blah or whatever and I couldn't care any less what type of pleather is used. They're getting worn and beat so it doesn't matter what leather they have. Just funny when people say how great the leather is.

Lets see some lace jobs :nerd:

I somehow style all 4 of my pairs differently :lol:

I wasnt kidding when i had the sbbs and literally compared them to nike varsity destroyer leather. $160 Sbbs were a little bit less quality than a $400 jacket. That is amazing. Honestly we cant compare air jordan leather quality to high end fashion designer quality. Thats not fair. I can only compare an air jordan to air jordan or maybe nike to nike to air jordan.

As far as that comparison is concerned, the 2015 chi is better than 2016 storms, blk white 2014 and barons. I cant compare 2015 really to ANY other type of leather so therefore i would conclude that I really Like this leather, not saying this is the best leather, not expecting anything else from 2015 chi leather.
I can compare this to lower level leather but NOT higher quality leather

Quote:
I wasnt kidding when i had the sbbs and literally compared them to nike varsity destroyer leather. $160 Sbbs were a little bit less quality than a $400 jacket. That is amazing. Honestly we cant compare air jordan leather quality to high end fashion designer quality. Thats not fair. I can only compare an air jordan to air jordan or maybe nike to nike to air jordan.

As far as that comparison is concerned, the 2015 chi is better than 2016 storms, blk white 2014 and barons. I cant compare 2015 really to ANY other type of leather so therefore i would conclude that I really Like this leather, not saying this is the best leather, not expecting anything else from 2015 chi leather.
I can compare this to lower level leather but NOT higher quality leather
Tan pinnacle>any other remastered 1 or pinnacle 1.

Good 2 know. My range is limited to what i like

Banneds
Royal
Frag
Remastered blk white
Storm
Shadows
Chis
Remastered retro+ blue chis /nice cw/new/good colorblocking

A lot of people here still don't know the difference between what an actual synthetic is, and what genuine leather is...

The 2015 Chicago is the best example of both. Calling them garbage is ludicrous. The red and white portions are genuine leather, and a very nice plush quality. The black swoosh and black heel collar panel are synthetic (plastic). And I ain't even mad at that. The 85 pairs had plastic swooshes, and exposed cotton painted over as the collars.

People need to just stop assuming everything is synthetic. Pick up the 15 Chicago and compare the red and white leather, to the black synthetic. Educate yourselves.

Back
Top Bottom