Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Yeah the swoosh on the 2016 pair is garbage. The color too.

I like th 2013 better as well as far as the breds. The royals from 16 are better than the older pair though

Yeah KD just likes them so he rocks them. I don't see the point of so much chatter about KD wearing some rare air 1s

It's cause they aren't hyped lmao.

KD a millionaire that's gonna get any ***** he want, you think that ***** gives a damn about what's hyped or if those are the "cool" 1s or the "OGs" or not? Lmao

It's weird how backwards we are in general

The rich ****** dont care about what they're wearing because they know that we know they got money to have nice **** if they wanted

Us "un-wealthy" gotta have the best of the best to make it seem like we "got it"

Some of us wouldn't be caught dead in those Rare Airs lol

It's cause they aren't hyped lmao.

KD a millionaire that's gonna get any ***** he want, you think that ***** gives a damn about what's hyped or if those are the "cool" 1s or the "OGs" or not? Lmao
I know he probably doesn't care about what others think which is why he's wearing what he likes

It's weird how backwards we are in general

The rich ****** dont care about what they're wearing because they know that we know they got money to have nice **** if they wanted

Us "un-wealthy" gotta have the best of the best to make it seem like we "got it"

Some of us wouldn't be caught dead in those Rare Airs lol
It has nothing even do with being wealthy or not. What does that have to do with wearing something you like even though it isn't popular or liked by others? That's more of a self confidence thing than the measurement of one's wealth.

i think youre overthinking things. i think KD rocked those cause he simply likes em. you hate the shoes so much i think in your head you cant fathom a regular joe wearing em so how could KD possibly rock them? well the man likes what he likes apparently lol.

Yeah KD just likes them so he rocks them. I don't see the point of so much chatter about KD wearing some rare air 1s

I totally agree. I think people should wear whatever they want. Hell, I think it's dope that he wore a pair that doesn't fall into the same 10-15 hyped pairs. I was just surprised that he rocked them. When it comes to kicks, celebs seem so concerned with appearances that you mainly only see them in certain retros or limited/exclusive pairs. If it's not a "cool" pair, lots of celebs won't touch them.

Jordans are "commoner" shoes now :rofl:
Haha. Naw, I didn't mean how it sounds. Haha. Anyone can and should rock Js, especially 1s. What I'm referring to is the fact that he's wearing this pair in particular, with all the "Rare Air," "Nike Air," and all the random branding and logos all over. The shoe is cool, but the branding and logo usage is gross on this model. I'd expect a retro or something similar. I guess I didn't clearly state that.
maybe he likes them. I know that can be a foreign concept to most, wearing what you like.

or the cynic in us will say someone at nike/jb asked him to wear them.

Jordans are "commoner" shoes now :rofl:
Haha. Naw, I didn't mean how it sounds. Haha. Anyone can and should rock Js, especially 1s. What I'm referring to is the fact that he's wearing this pair in particular, with all the "Rare Air," "Nike Air," and all the random branding and logos all over. The shoe is cool, but the branding and logo usage is gross on this model. I'd expect a retro or something similar. I guess I didn't clearly state that.
Another member referred to Jordans as "commoner" shoes recently, which I thought was hilarious.

I totally agree. I think people should wear whatever they want. Hell, I think it's dope that he wore a pair that doesn't fall into the same 10-15 hyped pairs. I was just surprised that he rocked them. When it comes to kicks, celebs seem so concerned with appearances that you mainly only see them in certain retros or limited/exclusive pairs. If it's not a "cool" pair, lots of celebs won't touch them.
All good and it is nice to see people wearing something different than the usual couple of cws

seandon23 seandon23 I guess that confidence is magnified by having money/being wealthy. Idk how to explain what I'm trying to say. But us regular people have to pick and choose what releases to get cause we can't buy em all, so typically we go for the higher tier stuff to get our moneys worth. Someone whos rich could just walk into a nike store and not have to choose "this or that", when they can buy all of it. Thus them having big pockets allow them to really care less about only having "the best of the best", they can have it all.

Yeah, I see so many times that people are asking others what CW they should buy. I always tell them, get what you want, define your own person, define your own style. I have a few CWs that were hyped releases, and I have many that sat. I really don't care, as I rock them for me. I really have zero care what anybody thinks on how I wear them, my socks, my jeans. And just because it's a pair of "cheap" rare air, if it's a dope CW to you, wear them. If you don't wear them just because you think people may think you're poor or don't have enough money for a "real" Jordan, you're not wearing the shoes for you. Stop worrying about others, just do your thing.

Was just watching ESPN, and during this one-on-one interview with Kevin Durant, I notice he's weak the Max Orange Rare Air 1s. To each his/her own, but never imagined I'd see a person with such a status rocking these.

Dude act like they're spaldings or something smh
Personally I don't mind the color blocking, the nike air on the heel is what killed these for me but then again I'm on a budget and have to be selective which mean OG high > everything.

seandon23 seandon23 I guess that confidence is magnified by having money/being wealthy. Idk how to explain what I'm trying to say. But us regular people have to pick and choose what releases to get cause we can't buy em all, so typically we go for the higher tier stuff to get our moneys worth. Someone whos rich could just walk into a nike store and not have to choose "this or that", when they can buy all of it. Thus them having big pockets allow them to really care less about only having "the best of the best", they can have it all.
The point I'm getting at is that there are people on both sides who care/do not care about what they wear because they buy what they like. There are rich people who will follow the trends and buy what others deem as "in" vs. other rich people who don't care about that at all and get what they like. Conversely, the same can be said for people who are less wealthy. Your generalization that rich people don't have to worry about those things while less wealthier people have to is just silly

Last edited:
Nike probably handed him those rare airs for free. Now it's just advertising for them and you guys are talking about em now

I know KD rocks hard with everything he's repped. His college being one of them, he still rocks UT gear on the regular, maybe he thought they were the closest shoes to UT colors that were still a lifestyle shoe.

I know he has a KD 9 Texas PE but it's the old model plus I don't think I've really seen him wear his shoes off the court much

I guess we all gotta go buy em now that KD inadverdently got some of us talking about em :lol:

If the 1s have rolled edges on the leather, that's a sign for me to avoid them. Just don't like the look of it on the 1s. Plus it usually means the "leather" is super stiff and uncomfortable

You joke but people will[emoji]128017[/emoji][emoji]128017[/emoji]
You ain't lying about that pa

If the 1s have rolled edges on the leather, that's a sign for me to avoid them. Just don't like the look of it on the 1s. Plus it usually means the "leather" is super stiff and uncomfortable
Man bad leather can really ruin a pair of 1s. It throws off the comfort of 1s so much imo

Only y'all obsess over N/A branding. I see people wearing the 1's y'all dislike proudly all the time. We're not the only people buying Jordan 1's. People wear what they like and what they can afford.

Last edited:
I wonder will they ever Retro the Olympic 1s...those were some of my favorite 1s and one of the best color ways in my opinion. Back before there was hype on retro ones [emoji]128580[/emoji]

My proxy just shipped out my Q54 AJ1s this morning

AND

I set up a meeting for a second pair of Royals for $180 on Friday 

nthat.gif

Doesn't papi mean daddy.........? ‍♂️
NY in here??
Where I'm from, men don't call other men daddy.... I'm not tryna clown NY, I know that would get me killed in this forum, but seriously y'all taking this "fam" lingo a little too far. Maybe "pops" if referring to an OG, but papi? Come on bruh

Side note: I knew there was east coast bias in here when my shout out to MAC DRE (RIP) got deleted‍♂️
With that said, remember this from one of your own "what you eat, don't make me [emoji]128169[/emoji][emoji]128169[/emoji]" a motto everyone (NTers especially) should live by [emoji]9996[/emoji]️

Back
Top Bottom