• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
:wow:

Wow... I just took a look...now I understand. That seems outrageous.
Yeah, usually I wouldn’t even look at pre-owned pairs. Lol worst thing that happen is I have to return em and I have to wait a lil longer to buy a ds pair off stockx or something.

Bout time a white/black/ green themed Jordan 1 dropped again

1te1wg.jpg

i just saw a pair of 94 chis on my facebook feed. kinda rare for me to see a pair being sold here in the PH.

it was a 7.5 lol damn if i only had money

I've mentioned this several times before, but I bought a pair of '94s the month they first came out. 23 years of heavy use later I still wear them almost weekly with zero issues. I have never seen anything like it :lol:

I wonder if Jordan Brand will ever release ALL retros with the same quality standards they did in the 1994. My guess is no, sad that so many retros these days look like fakes from back in the day (probably made by the same Chinese factories who made fakes back in the day lol). Miss the “made in Taiwan” retros-now we’re left with inferior Chinese-made products.

I wonder if Jordan Brand will ever release ALL retros with the same quality standards they did in the 1994. My guess is no, sad that so many retros these days look like fakes from back in the day (probably made by the same Chinese factories who made fakes back in the day lol). Miss the “made in Taiwan” retros-now we’re left with inferior Chinese-made products.

True! I had a beater pair of Cyber Mondays I used for work and though the upper still had lots of life left, the sole was badly damaged from wear & tear. No holes or anything but the outsole became super thin. To the point where I could feel the air bag near the balls of my feet flopping around from time to time. I took off my shoe and it was super lumpy and thin on the outsole. They were officially cooked. That shoe was only 2 years old. I only wore the shoe for half a year everyday when i would go to work.

Im always debating whether or not to let my ASG's go but yall do them justice in here. Anytime someone is wearing them in NYC they look like some beat to death mids.

I'm on record thinking we will eventually get them. Natural evolution of business will mean they will have to cave. Won't be soon though.
The gravy train will eventually run out for JB, and they can't keep reissuing the same OG's every couple years from here to eternity, especially if they want to keep doing the $180-220 price tag (and eventually higher). The evolution will eventually get to close to OG everything and if so people will lose their minds and build hype. Jordan Brand will eventually figure out that spending a year having their entire department completely remake the OG raptor 7's (for example) to exact specifications and selling them for $300 with a huge marketing roll out....is going to be a lot better business than dropping the same inferior raptor 7 for the 10th time decades from now expecting people to keep buying it at their price points.

True! I had a beater pair of Cyber Mondays I used for work and though the upper still had lots of life left, the sole was badly damaged from wear & tear. No holes or anything but the outsole became super thin. To the point where I could feel the air bag near the balls of my feet flopping around from time to time. I took off my shoe and it was super lumpy and thin on the outsole. They were officially cooked. That shoe was only 2 years old. I only wore the shoe for half a year everyday when i would go to work.

The craziest part of your story is that CMs are actually one of the best quality retro 1s that have released in the past few years.. I guess all the quality in the world on an upper can’t change problems with poor tooling and craftsmanship.

I find it funny how Nike/JB tries to pitch better quality products/“remastered” shoes but STILL manages to cut corners nowadays... This is so disrespectful to consumers-why not just try and maintain 1994-era standards? It might cost more but it would help the brand’s reputation in the long run.

I'm on record thinking we will eventually get them. Natural evolution of business will mean they will have to cave. Won't be soon though.
The gravy train will eventually run out for JB, and they can't keep reissuing the same OG's every couple years from here to eternity, especially if they want to keep doing the $180-220 price tag (and eventually higher). The evolution will eventually get to close to OG everything and if so people will lose their minds and build hype. Jordan Brand will eventually figure out that spending a year having their entire department completely remake the OG raptor 7's (for example) to exact specifications and selling them for $300 with a huge marketing roll out....is going to be a lot better business than dropping the same inferior raptor 7 for the 10th time decades from now expecting people to keep buying it at their price points.

Yep, I find it mind blowing how they don’t seem to understand this. If they literally made everything “OG or better” quality and cut back on the number of releases, they could charge us all more and we would eat it up.

I guess, to your point, they are still at the point now where they can sell trash quality retros and people will still buy them. Will be interesting to see when people stop caring as much tbh.

I'm amazed that people actually think they'll get an OG quality retro. Its not gonna happen. Just save your money on new retro's and find 94s. ..

The craziest part of your story is that CMs are actually one of the best quality retro 1s that have released in the past few years.. I guess all the quality in the world on an upper can’t change problems with poor tooling and craftsmanship.

I find it funny how Nike/JB tries to pitch better quality products/“remastered” shoes but STILL manages to cut corners nowadays... This is so disrespectful to consumers-why not just try and maintain 1994-era standards? It might cost more but it would help the brand’s reputation in the long run.

To play devil's advocate here if I were JB why would I give a better quality product when I can cut corners and still sell just as many shoes? You peddle the "remastered" campaign and make as few changes as possible to make it look like you improved enough to get people to buy into it. You find that balance and make more profit.

Back
Top Bottom