Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
IMG_1803.PNG

Copped with no hesitation

Man so hyped. Hehe. Can't believe I actually got an early release to a pair I badly wanted. Went for that 12.5 as I'm always almost stuck with just the 12.

20180222_005803.jpg
20180222_005625.jpg
20180222_005400.jpg
20180222_005117.jpg
20180222_004903.jpg
20180222_004640.jpg

The red 1s I do have make the b/red toes obsolete at this point. That and the fact that I'm starting to grow out of this hunger for kicks I'm beginning to see how redundant it all is. Money struggles have humbled me and made me think about more and more what really matters. Like if I copped every release that had come out this year that Ive wanted and doubled up thats like 1200 bucks I would have blown on more shoes that I already barely wear because I have 60+ pairs. Add in more upcoming releases that 1200 easily doubles and triples in the coming months. It's pretty f**kn ridiculous along with so many shoes coming out that are just slightly altered colors. Idk it's not about the money but I'd much rather put that 1200 up to a vacation or something else hell a good camera or save more and buy a MacBook or a Surfacebook for my classes and career goals, or just save it in my emergency funds. I got into 1s wanting just the OG colorways and I will eventually have them and a few plus colorways added but I no longer will show that same hunger I had before. Only kicks on my radar are the flyknit trainers -always wanted the Kanye pairs, the game royals - just 1 for a white tongue swap, and the shadows in April. 1 pair of each.

sidenote: while collecting these few upcoming releases I'll be letting go of a huge chunk of my collection with a japanese minimalist viewpoint.

If i had bred and chi's I'd be in your same boat. BUT, i only have BT, so BRT's and shadow's hopefully for me. Growing out of the hunger is gonna be the best thing ever for you! i went from copping (almost literally) two kicks a month to last year only Royals and Gatorades (Orange and Lime, returned lime's for win like 82's) last year. I gave a good amount of my kicks away to my younger brother and cousin, which cleared up alot of space, and honestly taking away some stress. I switched jobs to a lesser paying job, but with me dropping all those shoe purchases, i actually have MORE money than i did when i had my last job making twice what i make now. Honestly, your going to be happier, i'm glad you had your epiphany. :D

Living in the city where ASW was this year, i ended up copping a few kicks over the weekend, but i returned most because of this very reason.

If i had bred and chi's I'd be in your same boat. BUT, i only have BT, so BRT's and shadow's hopefully for me. Growing out of the hunger is gonna be the best thing ever for you! i went from copping (almost literally) two kicks a month to last year only Royals and Gatorades (Orange and Lime, returned lime's for win like 82's) last year. I gave a good amount of my kicks away to my younger brother and cousin, which cleared up alot of space, and honestly taking away some stress. I switched jobs to a lesser paying job, but with me dropping all those shoe purchases, i actually have MORE money than i did when i had my last job making twice what i make now. Honestly, your going to be happier, i'm glad you had your epiphany. :D

Living in the city where ASW was this year, i ended up copping a few kicks over the weekend, but i returned most because of this very reason.

Thanks man, I appreciate that a lot. I was telling some of my friends all this and they were like "What!? but bro kicks are your life!" I replied to that remark and said "Exactly! Kicks are my life and that's the problem."

Thanks man, I appreciate that a lot. I was telling some of my friends all this and they were like "What!? but bro kicks are your life!" I replied to that remark and said "Exactly! Kicks are my life and that's the problem."

EXACTLY!!! It's easier for someone to tell you to keep doing something, when it's not financially affecting them. People don't understand truly how much money you can end up spending on kicks, and the effect it can have on you! After the shadows and these BRT's, ill be signing out of all my foot apps, signing out of here, and IG (since i mostly follow nothing but shoe people lol) and enjoy my money like i did last year. Staying on NT with good people who enjoy kicks as much as you do, its very hard to shake them LOL :rofl: Good luck to you brother.

Well I'm officially a member of the glitter club now.

At least the Breds 1s and my other pair of Black Toes are still safe. One pair of BTs have glitter on the swoosh. It really ain't bad. You have to look at them from a certain angle in the light to even see it.

Last edited:
Clicked on the link earlier for early access. Got all the way to check out and ERROR. Not gonna lie, I got a little bit excited. Rushed home to try on my laptop in hopes of a different outcome but then I noticed Nike tweeting that they were not available on the app anymore. Would have been more relieved to not have to be scrambling on release day more than anything.

Then as I went about my day SP calls for the W! Such an up and down hobby emotionally LMAO. Although these are materialistic things that we don't need the relief one feels when you lock up a pair you want is so clutch. This is not a cheap hobby so you gotta be selective for sure. Props to those that can control the impulse to copp every drop and good luck to those looking for a pair.

Wow! Actually got me a early pair of bred toes. I was gonna pass but the most recent pics swayed me so hard. I have all of the ones that were mashed up too, and I think it's a tad redundant, but copped anyway.

Seriously can’t make up my mind about Bred Toes. Kind of want them as consolation for missing out on BTs, but I’ll still want BTs even if I get them. That and some of the images I’ve seen have pairs with the tumbled leather on steroids. Too tumbled for my liking

Back
Top Bottom