Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
So, by this logic, ALL poor quality retros that re-retro should be in the same crappy materials? (I.e. if Orion 7s retro, they should be made out of cardboard again)
No...by my logic crappy retros should stay in the past. This was a HYPED, LIMITED release that strictly released for the Hurricane Katrina fundraiser. By your logic you're saying the Eminem 4s should re-release with Kendrick Lamar's logo on it. It's a retro of a special release. If you change it...it is no longer a retro of the release but a retro of the colorway. How do you not get that?

If Nike re-releases a Fragment based AJ1 colorway but removes the Fragment stamp...it's a dope shoe but it isn't the Fragment release. They can be made with the best quality but EVERYBODY with Frags will say, oh but those aren't "REAL" Frags. People say that about a shoe when they re-release and aren't numbered. All I'm saying is it doesn't make sense to put OG branding on a retro of a retro that never had OG branding. It's not an OG so it doesn't make sense to do so. It's Jordan Brand now not Nike...Marketing 101 people.

96DA1795-DAFB-427B-BB97-D149C3968A9F.jpeg

Dude you look so different out of jeans.

This kind of thinking is why we don’t get very many NA retros. People are okay with Jumpman branding and still buy the shoes.

The OG models didn’t have Jumpman branding on the heel, I don’t see why we can’t just bring ALL the original designs back to how things used to look (including shape and branding).

if they decide to do that, great! if not, my only issue will be with materials. for me. its not a deal killer. the silhouette isnt killed by a jumpman

Honestly, I think 1s look better with the Nike air branding vs the jumpman. 3s and 4s look good to me either way. I was never turned off when they started doing so back in 99 especially when it was on the retro+ colors. I only have 1 image of shoes like the Oreo, tour 4s, cool grey, Columbia’s and they all look fire in my mind.

I appreciate when the NA returns to OG colors but I don’t complaint if it doesn’t have it. If NA is on a new colorway on models other than 1s, I just think it’s funny because I think it’s a gimmic to make more sales.

I’m more interested in materials than NA at the end of the day but I do think it’s funny that the 88 3s were half done by Nike.
THIS. :nthat:

Interesting, I’ve always hated “Jumpman Air” because it legitimately doesn’t make sense because “Nike Air” designates the brand’s technology. It would have been better if they just left a solo Jumpman on the heel like they have with the AJ10-it looks MUCH cleaner that way. I obviously own/owned some pre-2013 Jumpman retros of 3s and 4s but I’ve tried to avoid buying any of them as much as possible because of this nonsense branding. I wish I could also avoid this with the 5s and 6s tbh.

I don’t even consider Jumpman Branded 1s for purchase and have long purged my collection of that trash.
I feel that. However MJ's nickname is Air Jordan and the Jumpman is MJ...so the "AIR" still makes sense on the Jumpman branded shoe. Literally playing Devil's advocate here because I agree the Jumpman is much better as standalone branding.

Interesting, I’ve always hated “Jumpman Air” because it legitimately doesn’t make sense because “Nike Air” designates the brand’s technology. It would have been better if they just left a solo Jumpman on the heel like they have with the AJ10-it looks MUCH cleaner that way. I obviously own/owned some pre-2013 Jumpman retros of 3s and 4s but I’ve tried to avoid buying any of them as much as possible because of this nonsense branding. I wish I could also avoid this with the 5s and 6s tbh.

I don’t even consider Jumpman Branded 1s for purchase and have long purged my collection of that trash.
Honestly, when I see a Jumpman with the air I always convert that to AIR JORDAN in my head.

I remember when JB was transitioning itself to its “own” brand from Nike so I always understood why we got the jumpman in the place of the Nike on most shoes. I’ve always thought the jumpman logo was dope when placed properly. The jumpman just never looked great on the 1 and wouldn’t look good on the 2 IMO.

I can’t seem to find the original aj1 sample list that’s been posted here in the past.

Anyone have it handy?

I’m trying to rem if the sample pair - black and blue is similar besides the suede to the blue suede pair that just dropped.

Back
Top Bottom