Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Took wifey and our son to some fine dining for Valentine’s Day
686271AE-15FF-4899-B4B2-973B5E4EB62D.jpeg

i honestly dont get the blue chill hype at all - patent leather + blue colorblocking would usually almost always insure that these would sit on shelves.

Hell, even the gold toes - an arguably nice cw - doesnt go for much more than 50-100 over retail

I don't get it either. Gold toes are way better. These are just ok imo.

Ransom question: we talk shoes all the time but what are some of yall occupations? I really wanna work on networking so when I graduate I have some kind of connections to get me a good as job. I was wondering if any of yall work at firms or something so I can get my foot in the door.
Excellent question/topic bro. I was wondering the samething myself.
Currently im in the medical field. Work as a medical assistant. I dont like it at all lol im starting school fall to learn how to do body work and paint cars. Its always been my passion. Wifey does accounting work has her bachelors and starting her masters next month so she is a definite life saver.

Damn sorry to drop that and dip guys. Didn’t think I would get quoted mad times.

A lot of it is the same questions though. I live where I grew up (Milwaukee, WI.). Wouldn’t exactly recommend moving here, mostly due to the weather, poor school system and systemic segregation (just being honest). It’s home for me though so I do what I can.

I used my FHA loan to my first crib which was a multi-family duplex, a year later my girl said we were having a kid (SURPRISE) and I didn’t wanna bother my tenant so I took another loan and copped a single family. Outside of kicks and traveling I’m mostly a homebody so I kept saving. Ended up going in on a 8 unit with a partner the next year, he bought me out a couple months later and then was willing to sell me a 4-unit that turned a profit but needed some TLC, luckily the place had tenants so I took a bit of a loss my first year getting it back to where I wanted but that put me at 6 units.

Last summer I found a cheaper 3-unit through the realtor that sold me my single family. I ended up cashing out what was left of my crypto (even after the crash I still made a lot) and copped that.

Technically it’s 4 buildings 10 units. Not really trying to have 30 different buildings just 30 different doors (units). I only make money on 9 of them because I live in one obviously but it’s enough. I also still shovel my own snow at each place and cut grass at 2/4 of them so I’m hustling.

I’m also extremely lucky to live where I live in some regards because housing is so cheap, I’ve got 2 places in nice neighborhoods, one place in an aight neighborhood, and one place in the hood. Most I ever spent is 145 on a crib, lowest I ever spent was 75. I do take loans so I’m not rich by any means but I’m comfortable. Should be buying my 5th place this summer if I don’t go in on a daycare with my mom.

I’m 30 btw.

I was hoping to get in to some rental properties just don’t know where to start yet

Best advice I can give u is start with a multi family whenever u take your FHA loan, I believe you can still go up to a 4 unit with only 3.5% down.

Just to break that down in my market you can get a 4 unit in an okay neighborhood for sub 250k. That means for roughly 9K down you can buy it. Figure out what each tenant is paying and then move accordingly. Depending on the quality of the place you should be making at least 1K a month possibly more without paying rent or a mortgage yourself (u can make even more if you don’t move in, but “technically” that’s against the rules lol).

Treat the money you would’ve spent on rent/ mortgage as a savings account and take much of the profit as you can and save. You will get your 9K back in under a year for sure. Maybe save for 2 years, take your roughly 20K and look for another place.

Technically most banks will let you move out of a multi and into a single family with ease and a relatively low convention loan down payment of 5%a year after doing your fha loan.

That puts you at 5 units in 24 months. From there it’s rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
dammndee is a joke. i really dont like dude. he's the pj tucker of shoetube. hella popular, but shoe game is mid as all get out.

You being nice about it. He is the Master of General Release. His whole collection might be valued @ 750$ if that lol. Mostly all General Release Jordan’s . Then he got the nerve to try and sell these trash *** General release for retail after he wore them. Dude is a walking time machine for sure like he stuck in early 2000s with them oversized new era caps

Did you go to school for IT?

Also, thought about getting my real estate license and breaking into that field. Would you say it's worth it?

I never got my real estate license but I’ve considered it hella times. My homie actually owns his own brokerage so I could get put on with ease but I genuinely don’t have time right now to take the classes etc.

I’m actually taking my last two classes for a degree in information science and technology right now. UWM offers a 2nd degree program where you only need to take 30 credit hours for a second degree in just about any subject I took 6 classes last school year and my final 4 this year.

I finessed and landed a job after my first semester in the program. I told them I was technically at a junior level standing since I was expected to graduate initially in December 2018. I’d already gotten one semester of grades and had a 4.0 so I looked like a really strong applicant, plus I had a degree already and previous work experience. Then I taught myself the programming language in the weeks leading up to my job.

As Dame would say you can’t out hustle a hustler. I ain’t really know what I was doing when I started but I’m good now. IT has a huge learning curve so most jobs give you 6 months to figure it out lol.

Ransom question: we talk shoes all the time but what are some of yall occupations? I really wanna work on networking so when I graduate I have some kind of connections to get me a good as job. I was wondering if any of yall work at firms or something so I can get my foot in the door.

Driver for UPS, for about 5 yrs now. Free healthcare benefits since we have a union, $$ is good but alot wear/tear on your body.

turbo greens were a myth in comparison to the crimsons lmao

i don't need em but they would've been nice for the summer
I just feel like these are going to be harder to obtain than people are thinking. Wasn't it around this time last year when the Bred Toes snuck up on everyone? Granted it's not a black/red shoe but any halfway decent retro seems to fly a little quicker than usual around tax time and AS weekend.

I work as a systems engineer. My advice is follow what everyone else said, get your foot in the door in some company and then network within, those connections within will have outside connections as well. If you dont find a job in your field, you could always study for certifications. Your first job may not be what you are looking for, but you may end up liking it a lot. As long as the job has some transferable experience you will be fine, when you look for your next whether it may or may not be.

Orthopedic Technician for a hospital in Brooklyn

Work in a hospital on the upper east side NYC as an orthopedic surgery physician assistant

Strongly considering this as my next career move

Senior IT Director. Best advice I could ever give to anyone is...stay out of IT.

Damn bro this scares me as someone who just got into IT. I doubt I ever make it to a director level though. I literally just want a job with decent benefits that will allow me to work from home when I want.

A paper pusher .... I manage a portfolio of about 200M in immigrant services in NYC thru a for-profit/non-profit consortium. Build your LinkedIn network and leverage that for information interviews at the firms you’re interested in working at that way you have leads and have built skills for getting through the hiring process for that specific firm.

Last edited:
Just to break that down in my market you can get a 4 unit in an okay neighborhood for sub 250k.

Im a teacher too and I own my own home and we have a back house we rent out. Difference is I live in Southern California where the house prices are insane. Wife and I paid 510k for this place and it’s prob worth close to 650-700k now...

Currently im in the medical field. Work as a medical assistant. I dont like it at all lol im starting school fall to learn how to do body work and paint cars. Its always been my passion. Wifey does accounting work has her bachelors and starting her masters next month so she is a definite life saver.

GREAT TOPIC! THIS should be a thread on its own! We all come from different backgrounds but share similar interests...

Occupation, Quality Dept. Head - Manufacturing

1) Make sure integrity and intelligent loyalty are an integral part of your reputation.
2) Maintain progressive relationships.
3) Network, network, network...
4) Maintain a high discipline of some form of saving.
5) Be good at whatever you do.

Im a teacher too and I own my own home and we have a back house we rent out. Difference is I live in Southern California where the house prices are insane. Wife and I paid 510k for this place and it’s prob worth close to 650-700k now...

No bs bro I miss teaching. If I wouldn’t have had a kid, I’d probably still be doing it. The last set of my students graduate in May and I’m already kinda sad about it.

Once I hit my 30 units I will probably go back to teaching at least part time. It has to be the right situation though, I refuse to work anywhere else that oppresses indiviuality.

Teacher, and I flip cars on the side for extra play money. Family own's a dealership and I have a rep license. I just hit up a dealer auction, find a cheap used car around $800-$1200 that needs little to no work that I can sell for 2-3k. Low enough that a customer can pay for it in cash.

M&I-Mechanical and Instrumentation for refineries and chemical plants....advice: decide on what’s most important to YOU (salary, OVERALL quality of life, etc..)-there are jobs/careers that pay well but the overall quality of life isn’t desirable (due to travel/time away from home etc, hours, etc.., ) and there are jobs/careers that may not pay as well but are rewarding because you’re actually doing something to improve people/life/society etc..(law enforcement, politics, teaching, etc..) FOCUS on what’s MOST important to YOU AND what you’re actually GOOD at! THINK LONG TERM! Don’t just settle for what’s good NOW! Don’t waste time chasing “dreams” but use your time wisely to strategically put yourself in a position to achieve your goals. Be REALISTIC, know your limits, build a network of people and resources that you can ACTUALLY use. Relationships are KEY!

That’s dope...I’m currently working towards my degree in Biomedical Engineering. Only my second year in college so I’m not sure what exactly I want to do with that..

Back
Top Bottom