Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
^Demographic: Any and all Jordan Buyers. Haha! I think I'm in for a pair of those....That dude Fineline had a video of them and someone posted it in this thread a few pages back. But they looked booty in his vid. But then, people go back and forth on his authenticity and as he puts it, "the people I deal with for early pairs".....(Least effective way to ease peoples worries of your legitimacy, btw. LOL!)

They look good in those pics though.

^Demographic: Any and all Jordan Buyers. Haha! I think I'm in for a pair of those....That dude Fineline had a video of them and someone posted it in this thread a few pages back. But they looked booty in his vid. But then, people go back and forth on his authenticity and as he puts it, "the people I deal with for early pairs".....(Least effective way to ease peoples worries of your legitimacy, btw. LOL!)

They look good in those pics though.

nah, im super good off these, never really been a fan of contrast stitching, to each their own tho...

I feel you. That's cool....I think the contrast stitching and the eyelets are what grabs my attention. Especially the black zig zag black stitching on the tongue. They're weird....But I tend to like weird. IN as long as they look like what they do in those pics above.

0ACF49FC-0708-4898-9283-1082169EEAA9.jpeg

Finally copped.

RSBB’s prices escalated real quick, feels like I saw them going for around 300 and in the blink of an eye it was over 500

FWIW....I compared my Defiant's to my LV's (Line Up), SBB 1.0's, Blue Union, ROY's and recent Shadow's (ROY's and Shadow's being some of the BEST executions IMHO). My wife (a luxury brand junkie) noticed right off the bat that these had the appearance of a luxury brand sneaker and she's not into sneakers AT ALL! One thing I did notice is that my Defiant's were made in Vietnam where as all of the other 1's were made in China. For those that have had these in hand and have owned or held a YSL SL10 (I sold mine), I would say that the material used on the Defiant's is similar in initial feel to the touch as far as stiffness. Both LV and YSL use stiff leather and they're made in Italy. That being said, I have yet to feel an Italian made sneaker or any other luxury brand sneaker with leather like a ROY, Shadow, etc.... . Those of you that have been fortunate enough to experience luxury brands know what I'm talking about. If you haven't experienced luxury brands, I suggest that you take advantage of the opportunity when it presents itself. They say that the shoe was supposed to have a "couture" feel as well as inspiration from luxury automobiles. I can tell you for a fact that the leather in a Ferrari is NOT like ANYTHING you'll get in the most expensive Ford Mustang, Corvette or something along those lines. Hell, MB Tex is probably better than the top of the line domestic offerings. They are marketed to different groups of people that have different tastes, experiences and exposure. They are SUPPOSED to be different and unique. I said all of that to say this...OF COURSE JB isn't giving you Italian quality materials or attempting to do so at a price point of $175. Is the material worth the extra $15? That's debatable, it's about what they can legitimately sell to THEIR market. Is the shoe for everyone? NO, it doesn't appear to me (IMHO) that JB wanted the shoe to roll out like that. You didn't see the usual celebrities parading around with shoes before the release date pr hyping them up. It seems to me that maybe JB wanted to give us regular, hard-working folks, a shoe with a high end feel that we could still afford. You're not going to get an Italian luxury sneaker below $500 brand new. He offered a Jordan 1 that you could wear with luxury brand and still pull off the look as opposed to sporting a "basketball" sneaker. It's no different than PacSun selling their FOG collab clothing. FOG boutique clothing is for an entirely different market, it's not intended for the masses. Instead of JB attaching a celebrity and story to it, having a massive campaign and roll out like OW and FOG, they tried to do something for regular guys this time. That's just MY opinion, but hey, what do I know....sorry for the long post
Thanks for your time!

i said this a few pages back... without the paragraph.

Back
Top Bottom