Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
If the ROTY were dark brown like the TS1s I would have been in, which is the reason I wanted the TSs, there are so few brown 1s.

Getting ready for Obsidians.. Been going back and copping some blue I’s I missed especially it I can get them for decent prices. Got the DSM’s for 10 bucks under retail on Goat and SB’s for like 270.

E1DD16FA-F370-45FA-960B-89EC9C8BA509.jpeg

0439C5FE-AC8E-4891-AE07-A299474BA976.jpeg

Last edited:
I wouldn’t consider ROTY’s, S.I.’s or the upcoming “Who said man wasn’t meant to fly” a gimmick. While some of you might not be a fan of the colorways or the color placement, that doesn’t constitute them as being a gimmick. These particular pairs have a real story behind them and where executed concisely.

I wouldn’t consider ROTY’s, S.I.’s or the upcoming “Who said man wasn’t meant to fly” a gimmick. While some of you might not be a fan of the colorways or the color placement, that doesn’t constitute them as being a gimmick. These particular pairs have a real story behind them and where executed concisely.

Gimmick/story, same thing

I guess the gimmick is just in that they are trying to make a story to sell based on the colorway. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Some colorways work and some fall flat.

I hate that the AJ1 is basically an AF1 though with so many heights and colorways and variations. But you can only sell so many pairs of Chicagos, Breds, Royals, Shadows, and Black Toes.....

I guess the gimmick is just in that they are trying to make a story to sell based on the colorway. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Some colorways work and some fall flat.

I hate that the AJ1 is basically an AF1 though with so many heights and colorways and variations. But you can only sell so many pairs of Chicagos, Breds, Royals, Shadows, and Black Toes.....
If it was basically an AF1, I’d be able to go buy the staple AJ1 Chicagos whenever I want, just like anyone can go buy all white AF1s. And it would always be an option on NikeID.

I was adding in to that conversation that not everyone will turn around on these, some will ( 0takusamsay 0takusamsay I'm looking your way...:lol:)

Some of us may be passing for other reasons. These gym reds are pretty decent, but I already have enough red/black/white shoes. When I get to wear a pair of 1s, I just don't think I would reach for these over the 4 or 5 others that are similar.

Them obsidians though. That's a colorway I can definitely get behind and all I've wanted is a black/white remaster. Definitely see these gym reds becoming that. Just gotta hit the workshop on them.

Lace swap on the Spider-Man’s. Gonna unds for my wife’s birthday and the new Spider-Man movie.
image.jpg

image.jpg
Great minds think alike. I unDSed mine back for Endgame, but of course rocking them again for the Far From Home premiere tonight.
8E0D38B7-C39D-462E-BC10-2F88F4046E58.jpeg

Between these, my 2015 Chis, and my three pairs of Blk/Reds (‘01, ‘13, & ‘16), that’s my main reason for passing on the Gym Reds (on top of not being a fan of the color blocking). I let go of my Blk/Red Toes for the same reason. Like Otaku Otaku mentioned, I’d grab my aforementioned pairs way before I’d even consider grabbing these, and that’s not even considering all of my other Blk/Red Js in his other models.

yeah iPhone filter believe it was vivid. thanks man tryna tell yall white laces fye. but i'm down to my lace frsh pair of white jordan laces smh

I think white laces are fire in them but I just always go back to black lol.. I hated the black laces in them at first too and now I just cant do them differently. I had them white after my first wear and never ended up pulling them back out to wear and I laced them back to black before I could.

Back
Top Bottom