Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Haven’t seen many pics of the non-swoosh defiant joints with the one yellow swoosh, what are people’s thoughts on these? I bought them and actually like them more in person but I just don’t love them. Some on foot pics might convince me otherwise though.

Still of of my personal favs and imo one of the cleanest pairs
20190810_182604.jpg

Yeah, same but luckily with the remasters for the most part they break in pretty well so a 12 can stretch widthwise. I used to wear a 13 in 1s but with remasters they feel a lil too loose after constant wear and tear and they would get weird dents in the toe cap area the softer materials are dope but they're less sturdier so they malformed worse.

How my old SBB's looked in a sz 13 before I sized down.

20190810_150338.jpg

My size 12 after constant wear and tear including many drunken nights dancing

20190810_150934.jpg

Do yourselves a MAJOR solid and grab a pair of cedar shoe trees. Nordstrom rack has 2 pairs for around $30 or 1 for $18. Or u can go the amazon route. You’ll thank me later:smile:

Just buy the meguiars wipes at target and do it once every couple weeks.
Waiting for someone to say they wear theirs and don’t have any glitter now.

Nah, I was joking and serious at the same time. I think he stared a couple months ago with some treatment. Not sure if it was the leather honey, but he said he would report back after a few months.

Basically you just have to wear them and wipe as you go
Most of us who store DS pairs won’t do any kind of maintenance at least I don’t

Yeah, same but luckily with the remasters for the most part they break in pretty well so a 12 can stretch widthwise. I used to wear a 13 in 1s but with remasters they feel a lil too loose after constant wear and tear and they would get weird dents in the toe cap area the softer materials are dope but they're less sturdier so they malformed worse.

20190810_150338.jpg

20190810_150934.jpg

Thanks for the comparison shots. I think my 12.5 Cyber Mondays have similar dents. Yet, every time I try the 12 on, it just feels damn tight. My TTS is probably 12.5 since I wear that in most Adidas and a 12 in Air Max 90 is tight. I wear 13 in Yeezys cause of the narrow box.

Tough being between sizes :smile:

20190810_150338.jpg

20190810_150934.jpg

No idea how your kicks crease like that. I love them but if mine did, I'd probably have to stop buying 1s.

No idea how your kicks crease like that. I love them but if mine did, I'd probably have to stop buying 1s.

Yeah luckily I found the solution so no worries anymore I couldn't give up the habit, not with all those amazing OG colorways that were dropping. I could wear all the 1's pre remaster in a size 12.5-14 depending on year and cut without any toecap denting worries. I really had to break it all down to a science though after dents started popping up on my remastered 1's. I ended up overhauling my whole sz 13 remaster collection and recopping sz 12's and 12.5's exclusively, that ish hurt my pockets for the bigger releases but it was worth it to me. Luckily I got them back then and not now though because prices have only increased.

Haven’t seen many pics of the non-swoosh defiant joints with the one yellow swoosh, what are people’s thoughts on these? I bought them and actually like them more in person but I just don’t love them. Some on foot pics might convince me otherwise though.
I like them alright. They are made well. I like that they are different, without being too Gentry. Used the “welcome” coupon at Notre to get them under retail, no tax, free shipping. Seemed about right.

Just buy the meguiars wipes at target and do it once every couple weeks.
Waiting for someone to say they wear theirs and don’t have any glitter now.
Me. I was pretty sure that the reasons I’ve avoided it is because I keep them in drop fronts and without shoe trees, knowing that cardboard acts like a Petri dish with leather, but I don’t know if that’s entirely why. I live in New Orleans and LA for different months throughout the year, so I’m at least pretty sure it’s not humidity/dryness

I live in the Bay Area and use drop fronts and wear them. Haven’t heard of not using cardboard shoe trees. The glitter is on the outside not the inside.

All mine were good for years when stored in dry conditions... Moved in with girlfriend, shoes were now exposed to cold damp conditions... Glitter showed up. (my 2 cents)

Back
Top Bottom