Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
It’s so hard to keep up with which wave to follow. I wish we had, like an iconic shoe. Something, I dunno, timeless. That’s maybe been a fashion staple for over 35 years. If only...
The 1s of course,im talking resell market

It’s so hard to keep up with which wave to follow. I wish we had, like an iconic shoe. Something, I dunno, timeless. That’s maybe been a fashion staple for over 35 years. If only...
Iconic shoes yes, but has it really "been a fashion staple for over 35 years?" This decade is definitely the biggest 1's ever have been, and even in high school I was considered a oddball for wearing a pair.

Well idc what "wave" is dying, these are a double up for me.
air-jordan-1-retro-high-og-555088-500-purple-2.jpg

Repgod888 :emoji_eyes:😂

man, why does there always have to be that ONE off detail

****ing tag should be the regular nylon they've always used, with a white logo on a purple background

tag alone is making me have to think about what would've otherwise been a definite buy

Yeah, I suppose you’re right. But as a skateboarder, it’s really been part of my circle since 1986. Like a Chuck Taylor.

Granted I'm an 88 baby, but I can't really remember when I's weren't moderately popular. There's been times where they were LESS popular, but I can't recall them ever being "out."

uhmm, in his defense in terms of interest JB is taking advantage of the models popularity and beating it into the ground w/ terrible cw's & materials. Hopefully they'll turn this around after seeing the bloodlines sitting, and not just keep pumping out 1's.

To be fair, there have always been some trash cws of 1s in the past decade, even going back to the Highlight Reels in 2013. It’s just far more pronounced nowadays since OG 1s are given far more attention now and there are overall far more releases. I think we would see better cws with better materials if they simply cut down on the sheer number of OG 1 releases in the future and gave us more OG cws that the vast majority of people like.

The Bred 11 just boxed out adidas while also pushing out way more pairs...I don't see how you got to that conclusion. But if you say so.

I think he meant in terms of new models-what new model has JB put our that has resonated with customers and sneakerheads? Adidas, ironically, seems to drive hype with new models while JB simply can’t design a new model that sneakerheads and casual customers can enjoy. I say this as someone who absolutely LOVES the AJ XX9s for basketball btw but I know there is pretty much 0 streetwear attraction with any recent (past 10-15 years) AJ models.

Fearless Patent 1’s going up in price. Thinking about selling my 7.5 and funding a 7 mens from Stockx

same thing about selling my 7Y SBB 3.0 to fund a 7 mens.

They do make 7 mens in 1’s right?

The more I see the upcoming 84/85 Ship/1 pack, I do get a little irked by how it seems they’re gonna release them, and their limited nature. To a degree, I understand making them (at least in reference to the Air Ship) limited, especially since I think it’s safe to say that the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY know nothing about the Air Ship. We here do, but we’re a small group in the grand scheme of things. But knowing how iconic MJ was and still is, I hate that more people won’t get the opportunity to get a pair of a Jordan 1 PE he never played in, in as close to the original form as we’ve gotten ever (correct me if I’m wrong with that last statement). I can understand not making an unlimited amount of pairs, but why shouldn’t everyone get a normal, realistic chance at getting such a shoe? Even from a business standpoint, I can’t see such a thing where this Jordan 1 in particular would sit, being built with this ‘85 build, and being in a PE color, sitting. Even while some such as myself might not be totally wowed by the colorway, JB is pretty damn good at drumming up hype and buzz and narratives.

Back
Top Bottom