Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
As crazy as it sounds it’s all genius level marketing. I hate it too but the stats speak for themselves. Limited releases actually help sell the **** that people would usually look over. We see people cop **** all the time not because they want it but more so because of FOMO or the yearning to just get something after missing out on the nearly impossible releases that have become all too regular.

I literally remember not being able to get rookie of the years for retail and knowing the masses didn’t really love that shoe but Just wanted to cop something since 1s were hot and those were at least somewhat attainable.
The limited nature of things do up the “cool” factor of things, and to a degree it does entice people to buy stuff they otherwise wouldn’t. However, I feel that a majority of stuff we deem as “bad” isn’t getting bought by us because quite frankly it’s not for us. It sits for us, or ends up on disco, but ultimately those pairs are copped initially or down the line by people that don’t even pay attention to the type of sht that we do. JB is making money regardless of if they sell right away or on discount. They’d obviously prefer everything sell ASAP, but they’re set up to sell a percentage of their stuff on discount and at outlets IMO.

Yeah I dunno I'm pretty sure these would sell out regardless just like the rookies. But the rookies were definitely slept on as far as resale until lately. With sail laces they super clean.

It can be said that the resale market is really the only true indication of how bad people want a shoe today. The resell was low on the ROY because the majority of stock was bought by people that never really wanted the shoe. Whenever the resellers eat more than the legit consumers resell is always gonna be a bit lower. You’ve got dudes living week to week on sneaker flips at some point they have to succumb to whatever people are offering which in that case was lower initially.

j mobile j mobile man Nike and Jb are the epitome of the house always wins. They making shoes for under 10 bucks. Selling them to stores for whatever half of retail (if they can’t/ don’t just sell it to consumers directly) is and eating heavy off that alone. Even when stores RTV that (return to vendor) for poor sales etc it just goes to outlets and likely gets sold for near 30-40% off retail which we as a consumer see as a win but they already up so much at that point it doesn’t matter.

I’m like you j mobile j mobile and ive been collecting for a long time but I always think about how much a mind **** a lot of this really is. That video that was going around a couple weeks back about the consignment shops not being able to catch all The fakes made me realize how much we buy into the idea that “these” sneakers are superior. Realistically 99% of people on the planet have no idea if your shoes are real or fake, and probably 90% of that % can’t tell from a distance if our pairs are realer than others. We just trick ourselves (mostly due to insanely good marketing) that because we paid X amount of dollars for “these” that they are worth more and are cooler. It’s all bs.

ps this is like the second time in a week I wrote an essay like reply on here. I gotta get more hobbies.

It can be said that the resale market is really the only true indication of how bad people want a shoe today. The resell was low on the ROY because the majority of stock was bought by people that never really wanted the shoe. Whenever the resellers eat more than the legit consumers resell is always gonna be a bit lower. You’ve got dudes living week to week on sneaker flips at some point they have to succumb to whatever people are offering which in that case was lower initially.

j mobile j mobile man Nike and Jb are the epitome of the house always wins. They making shoes for under 10 bucks. Selling them to stores for whatever half of retail (if they can’t/ don’t just sell it to consumers directly) is and eating heavy off that alone. Even when stores RTV that (return to vendor) for poor sales etc it just goes to outlets and likely gets sold for near 30-40% off retail which we as a consumer see as a win but they already up so much at that point it doesn’t matter.

I’m like you j mobile j mobile and ive been collecting for a long time but I always think about how much a mind **** a lot of this really is. That video that was going around a couple weeks back about the consignment shops not being able to catch all The fakes made me realize how much we buy into the idea that “these” sneakers are superior. Realistically 99% of people on the planet have no idea if your shoes are real or fake, and probably 90% of that % can’t tell from a distance if our pairs are realer than others. We just trick ourselves (mostly due to insanely good marketing) that because we paid X amount of dollars for “these” that they are worth more and are cooler. It’s all bs.

ps this is like the second time in a week I wrote an essay like reply on here. I gotta get more hobbies.
True true, you can't even be mad at them though, hell I copped a few pairs when prices were low....I always do when I see something I know will increase within the next year. It pays for my habit especially since it's so hard to hit at retail on alot of things....

Does customizing a car make it fake? Same thing applies to Jordan’s. If the base shoe is real, I see no issue customizing it to whatever color scheme you choose.

yes, customizing a car can make it fake depending on what you do. for instance putting an M badge on a regular BMW, or a type S badge on a base model.

here’s the shoes y’all don’t really rock with :lol:
5CA7A4FE-7609-4827-ADBB-68591545986C.jpeg

yes, customizing a car can make it fake depending on what you do. for instance putting an M badge on a regular BMW, or a type S badge on a base model.
Well that wouldn’t really apply would it? It’s like saying if I was going to make “fake” chis and I only paint the the toes white and leave the rest of the sneaker as is. If I’m going to build an M car I’d do the whole 9 yards. Still fake at that point? Other than the vin not matching mechanically it’s an M car. Same with a pair of 1s. The SKU number won’t match but it’ll still a red/white/black Jordan 1.

(and I’m not trying to argue, just saying)

I don’t know if this has been posted but StockX 2FA is live!
507535F0-EB0D-410B-A076-AD4AC0E2DB06.png

update the app, go to security, turn it on.

Well that wouldn’t really apply would it? It’s like saying if I was going to make “fake” chis and I only paint the the toes white and leave the rest of the sneaker as is. If I’m going to build an M car I’d do the whole 9 yards. Still fake at that point? Other than the vin not matching mechanically it’s an M car. Same with a pair of 1s. The SKU number won’t match but it’ll still a red/white/black Jordan 1.

(and I’m not trying to argue, just saying)
you're right, my analogy wasnt accurate. in the end even if not considered fake, they still wouldn't 100% be the real deal though

Huh? Didn't want to sell them quick at all.. and they stayed at that price for 2 years before finally being sold yesterday. When I posted them my price was way higher than the top bid, it was close to double
I never list shoes, for 2 years, that I dont want to sell. I've also never "accidentally" purchased a pair of sneakers so things that seem disingenuous to me are actually legit when in the sneaker community.

Back
Top Bottom