• UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
158796A2-7066-4D84-B926-0655F565BC0C.jpeg

Walking by a cleaners in my neighborhood and saw this. Kids/ people don't clean their own kicks anymore?

I’ve dropped off sneakers with my oxfords for work at the cleaners I go to. What I find funny is that the price for cleaning varies per pairs r of sneakers from $10-$35/pair, depending on the sneaker (for some reason 700s were the most expensive) but oxfords are all standard price. I’ll usually just spray a bunch of Crepe on the cleaned sneakers and I definitely notice they stay fresh for far longer after a professional cleaning than if I cleaned and Crepe’d them myself. I’m guessing good cleaners probably also apply some leather repellent and whatnot as well since it’s a professional job. Definitely worth it from time to time.

4A3CE009-EF91-4C7F-8559-3B7C266675ED.jpeg

I was really liking the pine's separately... Then I put them next to these pairs and I like them much less. But I still like them and will keep them, they certainly could have been much much better executed though. It wasn't rocket science.

And before the "wear your kicks" NT mob shows up, these are just my DS pairs of triples.
Put them right next to the Shadow’s and it will expose the Pine Green 1 trash juice.

looking at your pic of them all together makes me wonder if the reason they used **** leather on pines is to differentiate them from the trinity. as if it would be sacrilege to think they could be on the same level.

no, Gentry and Co. just suck at their jobs
They want to charge us $170 and use the cheapest materials possible to pad their pockets.

I don´t mind the creasing if the leather is nice. The remastered Breds, Royals and Shadows for example crease very little and just fine for me. I guess the Pine Greens will too. If they play around with the materials though - like those Crimson Tints for example - that can look horrible.

I recently sold my Baron 1s because they creased really weird.. they were also a bit too snug for me though. But the leather on those was very bad.

Those shoe cleaner guys are annoying and I've seen them clown someone who declined the come over here and let me clean your shoes. I decline and wait for it like try me G.

Those shoe cleaner guys are annoying and I've seen them clown someone who declined the come over here and let me clean your shoes. I decline and wait for it like try me G.
I had them clean my shoes before and I said I could've done the same thing you did n he tried to justify his product at the end of the day all shoe cleaner are the same just different names

The streets don’t mess with creases or beating up your sneakers. The internet can keep that trash hipster fad.
Lol alright keep walking around like a penguin and bringing an extra pair of shoes to change into for when you get in the car.

Bro you can take care of your sneakers and at the same time accept that they will inevitably get some creases and scuffs.
Guys who baby their sneakers are just as dorky as guys who purposely beat them up

I really love these but I hate it when this happens.. I knew I was going to be a victim of the leather inconsistency on these. At least both are still really good leather. I just hope they react the same physically.

E3ECBAF6-01CB-4D69-BD07-BCB3EA2807D9.jpeg
0719C933-D3C0-4464-BCE9-2D41298F16E2.jpeg
819B9DF9-26A2-45CB-B3AB-0E2DE25718C4.jpeg
My bred 1's are like that, tumble is completely different on each shoe. One swoosh is flat the other is tumbled, one toebox way more plush than the other, even slightly different shades of red. What can you do. Best not to worry about it since 99% of people who see them won't even notice

Those are BEAUTIFUL!!! I'm partial as I LOVE my black/red '01s. What size are those?
size 8. most likely have to get rid of them now because they're too small and thought I could make them work :lol:

the shape is too nice. will have to look out for my proper size now

Started around 2015 after hitting on the Chicago's on release day. Held them in my hand and realized this was the most impressive shoe I've ever seen in person. Actually ended up selling them later since red is my least favorite color and I would rather wear a lot of other pairs before the Chi's. Since then I've bought:
Black white
Metallic navy
Black yin yang
Kentucky
Breds
Royals
Shadows

Also hit on the black toes but ended up selling those too because I preferred the black whites

My philosophy is even if I absolutely love the colorway I still shouldn't double up because Nike is just gonna release it again before I can even get to that backup pair. Plus you know someday, and it sounds like maybe soon?, they're gonna release original mold premium material 85 versions. Don't want to be stuck with a bunch of inferior versions just sitting in my closet when that day comes

I had them clean my shoes before and I said I could've done the same thing you did n he tried to justify his product at the end of the day all shoe cleaner are the same just different names

Yep, unless you’re taking your kicks to a professional cobbler/leather cleaning business, these people are basically just doing a surface level wipe that literally anybody with working hands and soap/water can do.

I stocked up on Jason mark cleaner with my footsite rewards
I think I paid like $2-4 for one of those small bottles that comes with the brush
I wouldn’t pay retail for it
It gets the job done

I will never forget the one that told me he could make my Nigel's white again.....like no man.

I absolutely hate the look of Nigels but this is hilarious. These people probably look at someone wearing Black LM1s and be like “yo let me clean the dirt off your top 3s and make them fresh again youfeelme?”

I absolutely hate the look of Nigels but this is hilarious. These people probably look at someone wearing Black LM1s and be like “yo let me clean the dirt off your top 3s and make them fresh again youfeelme?”

Part of me wanted to let him try and watch him fail...but then he'd probably scrub harder and actually start taking the paint off.

Back
Top Bottom