Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Screenshot_20210906-033730_Nike.jpg

They are fire hate lows

Turdunkens aren't even really thanksgiving inspired, though. I mean yes the name comes from turducken served at thanksgiving and the special packaging had the nerf set and cranberry sauce laces. But the actual shoe itself is based off a mallard, hence the colors, feathers, iridescence, and orange soles. It would make more sense to wear those to a park that has ducks than to thanksgiving - unless you really are eating turducken :sick: All the christmas sweater dunks are hideous period and should never be worn.

If y'all couldn't tell though I don't own a single pair of holiday specific shoes because

1630765610112.png
All I heard you say is that you hate the holidays. Bah humbug back to you, Mr. Scrooge.

Yeah, I absolutely LOVE my Mallard Dunk High SBs, but them being called the Turduckens always irked me a smidge. In particular because as you pointed out, they’re really just Mallard Duck themed. I own the special box pair from Concepts, but the whole turducken concept of a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey, is weakly only actually achieved connected via the special box pairs. And I call that connection weak because the special box pairs come with a pair of “chicken” socks (which go inside the duck shoes), and in the box the shoes come “inside” a sheet of “turkey” tissue paper. Besides that, yeah, they’re just duck themed. Like that’s the only thread that makes them “Turdunkens.” Still dope as hell to me regardless though.

I love my black Ugly Sweater Dunk High SBs too. They’re supposed to be hideous. Just like I’m only wearing an actual ugly sweater to some type of themed or purposeful event, same goes for the only times I wear my ugly sweater SBs.
I'm a teacher, so I rock the Ugly Xmas sweaters the whole week of finals before the holiday break.

Back
Top Bottom