Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
Happy 1st birthday to these right? Only about 12-15 wears since I got em but still looking good
1699386953207.jpeg

Been on vacation but damn these royals really crashed out like this? They really sitting on the NIKE app in a FSR lol

That’s crazy. Guess it’s just 4s for these kids until 10-12 years from now when kids in 2036 start bringing back retro 2010s trends and fads

Been on vacation but damn these royals really crashed out like this? They really sitting on the NIKE app in a FSR lol

That’s crazy. Guess it’s just 4s for these kids until 10-12 years from now when kids in 2036 start bringing back retro 2010s trends and fads
Retros in general have been losing hype-even 4s are slowly dying in hype with Zoomers in favor of non-retro sneakers.

I think Nike/JB just simply oversaturated the market and increased retail prices, which in turn killed resale and hype. If they simply lowered retail prices and cut the number of releases, I’m sure the hype machine would start back up again. The economy simply isn’t in a great place rn so $180 retail for GR 1s aren’t going to sellouts for almost all cws.

Retros in general have been losing hype-even 4s are slowly dying in hype with Zoomers in favor of non-retro sneakers.

I think Nike/JB just simply oversaturated the market and increased retail prices, which in turn killed resale and hype. If they simply lowered retail prices and cut the number of releases, I’m sure the hype machine would start back up again. The economy simply isn’t in a great place rn so $180 retail for GR 1s aren’t going to sellouts for almost all cws.
It’s more than that. The sneaker n00bs who caused the boom got smarter, got out or cut back. We know a year in advance what’s coming now with good looks at most shoes 6 mos out. Factor in surprise collabs and other brands and it’s not a mystery they’re overproducing for the demand of their customer now.

But the prices will never go back down. Production will drop dramatically and everything will have the appearance of being tough again. That gives resellers cover. But the prices are what they are. The $5/yr increase was laid out pretty clearly a decade ago.

Also pretty clear Nike is pushing way more retro product than 5 years ago, let alone 10. So even if sellouts are on the downswing, the third party retailers are locked into all of it and zero chance they bail when it’s still the best product line they carry.

It’s more than that. The sneaker n00bs who caused the boom got smarter, got out or cut back. We know a year in advance what’s coming now with good looks at most shoes 6 mos out. Factor in surprise collabs and other brands and it’s not a mystery they’re overproducing for the demand of their customer now.

But the prices will never go back down. Production will drop dramatically and everything will have the appearance of being tough again. That gives resellers cover. But the prices are what they are. The $5/yr increase was laid out pretty clearly a decade ago.

Also pretty clear Nike is pushing way more retro product than 5 years ago, let alone 10. So even if sellouts are on the downswing, the third party retailers are locked into all of it and zero chance they bail when it’s still the best product line they carry.
I mean Air Jordan 2s used to retail at $190, they pretty much HAD to cut the retail price of that model for it to sell any amount of pairs at that retail price so it’s not like they haven’t dropped the price of retros before.

I think much like the watch market right now, the sneaker market is seeing a massive recessionary downturn. The good news is that we will no doubt see some massive sales on retros (especially GRs) like we did in 2008-2017 for those still buying a lot of sneakers.

Back
Top Bottom