Votes: 237 10.1%
  • UNC

Votes: 77 3.3%
  • Kentucky

Votes: 19 0.8%
  • Neutral Grey

Votes: 32 1.4%

• Total voters
I don't have an answer to that question because I'm biased. I have a schema built into my head that influences my taste and purchasing history. But I'm one of only like 250,000,000 American adults that buys sneakers. Do you go to a restaurant and like every single thing on the menu? Do you go to ikea and like every single piece of furniture in the store? No, you probably don't. But you not the only person in the world they make stuff for.

Maybe someone sees the jordan 1 "method of make" and thinks "oh these are a nice color, I have an outfit to match them." And that's that.

I don't have an answer to that question because I'm biased. I have a schema built into my head that influences my taste and purchasing history. But I'm one of only like 250,000,000 American adults that buys sneakers. Do you go to a restaurant and like every single thing on the menu? Do you go to ikea and like every single piece of furniture in the store? No, you probably don't. But you not the only person in the world they make stuff for.

Maybe someone sees the jordan 1 "method of make" and thinks "oh these are a nice color, I have an outfit to match them." And that's that.
Yeah it's wild to not understand millions of people are buying shoes, usually on the cheaper side and what we wear and buy may influence that slightly but they're looking for utility in shoes. They aren't cleaning them, aren't storing boxes, aren't collecting them. They buy a couple pairs a year and drive them into the ground.

We're definitely the outliers, but it cracks me up when people talk about the Jordans, especially 1's, like they're holy. You're doing business with the biggest mass produced, same-as-the-next-guy-look company in the world and they have MANY markets. Some with crossover on the ones this community is focused on but some we wouldn't really look at, consider buying, or have any interesting following news and releases with.

Perspective goes a long way to understanding this is just a mega business and getting upset cause they've flooded AJ1s misses what they do with product in every long-standing sneaker category. Our stuff is a small piece of the overall pie.

There are millions upon millions of people in the world and many of them just walk into a store or scroll a website and buy something they like that's in front of them. They don't have a schema of decades of sneaker history built into their brains that influence their taste and purchasing decisions like we on NT do. I'm this way when I shop for things in a store like REI. I don't know all of the nuances and design history and exact specifications of each product. But I need something so I go and buy something on the spot.

Sneakerhead main character syndrome is real

couldn’t agree more. my brother in law will come around with a new pair of Air Max SCs and be hella juiced like “Mo, these are just like your nikes!”

i just nod my head and say “man those are really nice. they look comfortable!” do i wish he had some AM1s instead? yes. but im not here to burst bubbles and yuck someone’s yum

couldn’t agree more. my brother in law will come around with a new pair of Air Max SCs and be hella juiced like “Mo, these are just like your nikes!”

i just nod my head and say “man those are really nice. they look comfortable!” do i wish he had some AM1s instead? yes. but im not here to burst bubbles and yuck someone’s yum

This is the way. I got a bro who asks me about a shoe from time to time and whether he should cop based on what I think or if I would cop and sometimes I have to explain that my standards are diff.. else 94% of what he sends is trash. At first I was wild honest, then I realized I was turning down everything he sent.

I just thought it was wild that when I gave context, he wouldn't cop them even if I said 'they're cool but not for me' :lol:

I been there too. This dude I know (our kids played on the same team for a few years) always saw me in different jays or kicks. He didn’t know one thing from the next. But he told me he always wanted to get a pair of Jordans. One day he sent me a pic of some random *** trainer type of shoe with a jumpman logo and wanted my thoughts. I didn’t have the heart to tell em they’re trash 🤣 just told them they’re nice lol

Yeah it's wild to not understand millions of people are buying shoes, usually on the cheaper side and what we wear and buy may influence that slightly but they're looking for utility in shoes. They aren't cleaning them, aren't storing boxes, aren't collecting them. They buy a couple pairs a year and drive them into the ground.

We're definitely the outliers, but it cracks me up when people talk about the Jordans, especially 1's, like they're holy. You're doing business with the biggest mass produced, same-as-the-next-guy-look company in the world and they have MANY markets. Some with crossover on the ones this community is focused on but some we wouldn't really look at, consider buying, or have any interesting following news and releases with.

Perspective goes a long way to understanding this is just a mega business and getting upset cause they've flooded AJ1s misses what they do with product in every long-standing sneaker category. Our stuff is a small piece of the overall pie.
Well a big part of this for us collectors is that we could easily move older pairs for what we paid and even better (specifically worn pairs). With the demand down and the market flooded, this isn’t possible anymore.

Yes, I understand the AJ1 High OG is Nike/JB’s IP and they can do whatever they want with it but it sucks to have to get rid of old pairs you don’t wear anymore without really getting anything for them. When back in the day, this was really easy to do. That was a big allure to collecting many older retros, even GR releases.

Skip the lecture on how Nike/JB are making more money than ever due to the sheer number of releases and we shouldn’t feel entitled to resale values on their products-I’m speaking strictly as a collector here.

IMG_0246.jpeg

IMG_0247.jpeg

Air Jordan 1 High OG “Yellow Ochre”
Color: Yellow Ochre/Black-Sail
Style Code: DZ5485-701
Release Date: January 27, 2024
Price: $180
Air-Jordan-1-Yellow-Ochre.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Yellow-Ochre-2.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Yellow-Ochre-3.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Yellow-Ochre-5.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Yellow-Ochre-1.jpg

1702577554104.png

Air-Jordan-1-Yellow-Ochre-6.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Yellow-Ochre-7.jpg

Air-Jordan-1-Yellow-Ochre-8.jpg

not bad, they’re spammin the hell out of yellow on this silhouette but i’m not mad at all. wish they used tumbled leather on the mudguard and heel, though.

these are really similar to the AJ1 Gore Tex light currys. look like i’m about to head off to work at a construction site and then pull up to 24 hour fitness to hoop

Back
Top Bottom