Official Air Jordan 1 Retro Low OG Thread

Dayam JD shipped the shoes in a plastic bag! Ruined all my order!
20200729_155542.jpg
20200729_155613.jpg
20200729_155137.jpg
JD doesn't double box. ****ty service tbh.

Are the shoes damaged? And why would you need 4 pairs anyway unless you were planning on reselling?
I guess maybe he ordered for friends as well? I usually bulk order for friends as they will ask me to keep a lookout on certain pairs. Especially the lows.

:lol: I don't love my friends like that. But that's cool.

Got me a few pairs of the all black tumbled leather lows and another pair of whites. Glad I held off on buying the suede lows and the pleather/suede low all blacks.

It’a looking back to a time before its birth with two low-cut “Gel” makeups. Inspired by a duo of influential Nike silhouettes from the ’70s — the Astrograbber and Tailwind — both of these Air Jordan 1 Lows feature referential color schemes and a keen attention to detail.

1595964069477.png

First up is a white, black and grey pair inspired by the Astrograbber. Debuted back in 1976 when Michael Jordan was just entering high school, the Astrograbber was a shoe created to take on turf football fields — a new innovation at the time that was beginning to gain popularity. To salute the Astrograbber’s original construction and color scheme, the AJ1 Low features a sleek upper built from white mesh and grey suede that’s adorned with a rich black leather Swoosh and tongue branding. Sail midsoles and black outsoles complete the look.

1595964152992.png

Next arrives a stark metallic silver and red that honors the Tailwind “Night Track.” Although the Tailwind debuted in ‘78 and made its way to the mass market in ‘79, the “Night Track” was a disco-esque friends and family release gifted to pop culture figures like Michael Jackson and David Hasselhoff. It was then made available to the general public decades later in 2012. On this AJ1 Low, it’s recreated by a metallic silver upper that blends nylons and leathers. Bold red Swooshes and collar liners offer a signature punch of flair with black branding on the tongue, sail midsoles and black outsoles rounding things off.

1595964180582.png

The Air Jordan 1 Low “Astrograbber” and “Night Track” will release exclusively at size? on August 1 before a global drop on August 15.

the black ones look classic. I may grab them if the material isn't too bad

If those are molds you can use any sneaker cleaner and your good to go.

The glitter is basically prevalent on all DS 1s released and kept for a few years. More concerning, is the yellowing on the midsole. I’ve heard this is because of the paper but I’m not sure this has been confirmed.

Back
Top Bottom