Official Air Jordan 11 Retro "Bred" - The aftermath.... No Buying/Selling/Trading

just got my 9.5 off of kickz. $249.51 shipped. :smokin
now, lets hope i dont get refunded or hit with customs 8)

Last edited:
I had issues with chase but debit works fine for some reason, even when I told them ahead I was making purchase overseas
Sorry if I didn't make it clearer but Kickz is the one who cancel my orders, my Banks been great. I just let them know ahead of time that I was placing the order and every attempt was approved, it's kicks canceling the order due to insurance, and my card not being enrolled in "Verified by Visa" or "MasterCard secure" which is a violation. I don't even get charged international fees so I can't see how Kickz is messing this up, even the single pair order fell through. Wire Transfer is not safer for me than using credit card so I don't understand the "we cancel your order to protect you from fraud" excuse.

Can someone help me out and explain to me how to order from kickz.com? Is it legit...I never ordered international before and how much does it come out in total for it to ship to the US? And what is customs?
Customs is a tax that your home country impose on imported goods. It's a hit or miss as I've had 3 orders(non sneaker related) delivered from overseas and out the country and was not charged with any tax. If you search this topic you will see that some people been hit with the tax and there's no way of knowing how much it will be. I've seen some tax amount that to me made the purchase not worth it.

Look right above where it says "start a new thread" and click on "search this thread". You can enter keyword(s)"customs", "Kickz customs", "Fedex Customs", etc to get a better understanding. Also use that search feature to find out how to use the Kickz discount.

Let me get this straight... People getting cancel orders cause they out of stock from Kickz but for some reason they keep having FSR restocks...? I don't get it... :rolleyes

Let me get this straight... People getting cancel orders cause they out of stock from Kickz but for some reason they keep having FSR restocks...? I don't get it... :rolleyes
Cancelled orders are due to "Unverified/unsecured" Visa cards. Not sure how many but a couple.

Kickz communication is lacking. I placed an order with them on the 12/28/12 and didn't hear anything from them. I tried emailing them days later at they general email address and nada, I finally called a week later and was told the order was already cancelled.

They do answer direct emails though and of course phone calls. English isn't bad either, and most reps seem friendly but I don't know man.

Last edited:
Kickz communication is lacking. I placed an order with them on the 12/28/12 and didn't hear anything from them. I tried emailing them days later at they general email address and nada, I finally called a week later and was told the order was already cancelled.
They do answer direct emails though and of course phone calls. English isn't bad either, and most reps seem friendly but I don't know man.

Did they refund you before you called or after? What did you use to pay?

Anyone who used AMEX for their order against Kickz had any luck calling them to waive the Foreign Transaction Fee they charge?

Sorry if I didn't make it clearer but Kickz is the one who cancel my orders, my Banks been great. I just let them know ahead of time that I was placing the order and every attempt was approved, it's kicks canceling the order due to insurance, and my card not being enrolled in "Verified by Visa" or "MasterCard secure" which is a violation. I don't even get charged international fees so I can't see how Kickz is messing this up, even the single pair order fell through. Wire Transfer is not safer for me than using credit card so I don't understand the "we cancel your order to protect you from fraud" excuse.
Those of us who have been reading and following this thread. We know its Kickz that cancled your order. They only deal with cards that are "Verified by Visa or MC Secure"(says so in their FAQ). Not all US banks participate in this program, but I think a lot of foreign banks seem to. Check with any other banks your with or cards you may have. I got denied on my first attempt to purchase with my MC, I randomly tried an alternate MC and it went through without problem. It wasn't my bank denying either, but fraud dept stopped it(though I was on phone with them). Their system is to protect them(kickz) from fraud charges on their end also(or having to pay back claims of fraud @ high rates as some have said) I got the wire transfer email also, it actually means u have a pair held for you, for several days(if you chose wire method) U can call them back and have them "cancel order/release to the website" and try your luck at purchasing again online. Nope, I didn't feel super comfortable with wire-transfer either. Your not alone in that. Just use MC securecode page or Verified Visa page to see if any card/institution your with participates in the program so you know before checkout...Hope that helps. Good Luck

On the release date, I woke up at 614AM instead of 445AM.  I got my order at 740AM via Eastbay and confirmed delivery on Jan 3rd.  They were shipped to my Mom house, which is about 3 miles away and I haven't rushed over there yet.  That and along with the Cool Grey 9.

On the release date, I woke up at 614AM instead of 445AM.  I got my order at 740AM via Eastbay and confirmed delivery on Jan 3rd.  They were shipped to my Mom house, which is about 3 miles away and I haven't rushed over there yet.  That and along with the Cool Grey 9.

Last edited:
So a couple days ago I posted how my size 12 i ordered from fnl was really small. Didn't seem like your average +/- .5 so I decided to pick up another size 12 last night from a guy on cl. Check out the difference. Left is fnl, right is crooked tongues(via cl)

THATS REALLY STRANGE... I SETTLED ON 2001 RETROS... I COULDNT SEE MYSELF PAYING OVER 330 FOR THESE AND FEELING CONTENT... 01'S LOOK AMAZING...NOW I CAN ROCK MY OTHER 01'S MORE OFTEN..IVE ALWAYS LOVED THIS COLORWAY AND WANTED TO WEAR EM MORE

Received my pair from SH and I have to say that the leather quality is way above the US version of the shoe.....
After two emails SH stated they could not locate a replacement pair. They offered a full refund. I assume I would have to cover return shipping.
sick.gif
It's very hard to see and the second picture makes it look much worse than it really is.
that`s minor stuff, patent is only a "coat" substance applied to the leather, so if the leather is ok: no cuts or punctures and it`s only the patent substance with minor scuffs, as some other guy already told you, in the end if you wear it , you will not notice it, or anybody else will, and scuffs with wear will appear to the "flawless" pairs also, so don`t think about it anymore :wink: you`ve got a great pair just enjoy it

Dope story bro

So a couple days ago I posted how my size 12 i ordered from fnl was really small. Didn't seem like your average +/- .5 so I decided to pick up another size 12 last night from a guy on cl. Check out the difference. Left is fnl, right is crooked tongues(via cl)
WOW! That's even worse than the comparison to your concords pic, do they still seem that off when laid flat side by side. IDK what FNL will do(nothing) but you might wanna try them or NIKE even though these are probably sold out @ all places. I did read some1 who got an incorrectly sized pair from FNL and they got ahold of a MNGR who said they would help him out. Use search function and try to find that post, about incorrect sizes from FNL think more than 1 person had that happen maybe PM the one who got ahold of MNGR willing to try and help(think they are "sending" his correct size now) Good Luck! Hope this works out for ya. KUP

WOW! That's even worse than the comparison to your concords pic, do they still seem that off when laid flat side by side. IDK what FNL will do(nothing) but you might wanna try them or NIKE even though these are probably sold out @ all places. I did read some1 who got an incorrectly sized pair from FNL and they got ahold of a MNGR who said they would help him out. Use search function and try to find that post, about incorrect sizes from FNL think more than 1 person had that happen maybe PM the one who got ahold of MNGR willing to try and help(think they are "sending" his correct size now) Good Luck! Hope this works out for ya. KUP

yeh the finishline ones are definitely size 11 i'm thinking. i tried finishline and nike and they both pretty much told me that since they're sold out that they can't do anything for me but issue a refund. thanks for the tip tho, i'll try fnl again and see if i can get through to a manager. they gotta have random sizes sitting around that they just don't put back up on the site

yeh the finishline ones are definitely size 11 i'm thinking. i tried finishline and nike and they both pretty much told me that since they're sold out that they can't do anything for me but issue a refund. thanks for the tip tho, i'll try fnl again and see if i can get through to a manager. they gotta have random sizes sitting around that they just don't put back up on the site
Did you have any luck with search function? I recall seeing it refered to again recently, also re: your first post about these. maybe you will have luck on CL with some1 looking for a trade or sell(being honest about the .5 difference of course) I've seen a couple peeps that need smaller sizes, this could b up their alley. Especially since you do have receipt. These may be exactly what someone was looking for, and can help you recoup your cost or reorder a better fitting pair(if you need/want another). It might be worth a shot, get creative. If nothing else your just back where you started. Good Luck!

I was up at 5:20 eastern time and saw my size on kickz, again.  Pulled the trigger for the 2nd time after getting that dreaded pdf.  Got another order number now, still nothing else.  You guys think I'm good this time, or is this just the setup for another letdown?  I still don't understand how they could have sent me the "sold out" notice, and then restock my size the same or next day. 
mean.gif

What size does the inner size tag show for the FNL pair?

Back
Top Bottom