Official Air Jordan 13 Black/White/True Red Retro Thread. No Buying/Selling/Trading (3/16/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend just bought himself a pair for $230 cash in Brooklyn, NY - good deal? I'm also looking for a size 14 pair myself, but can't help paying more than $200-

Why not just wait util RD and pay $170?

Don't know if these have been posted already but:

^^^ its not about the "couple of months" its the totality of the situation.

if you dropping $400 a week and its 52 weeks in a year, thats $20,800 of POST TAX money. Thats about 30-35K pre tax.
100% correct I don't know how somebody could justify that.... :x

What you do is start up a "business" and write that 30K off.
Oops, did I say that?

Last edited:
My friend just bought himself a pair for $230 cash in Brooklyn, NY - good deal? I'm also looking for a size 14 pair myself, but can't help paying more than $200-
$55 above NYC retail....

Getting it 10 or so days early...

Its a NDC release so for me I wouldn't do it since I usually score on NDC but if he has trouble online I know waiting FCFS is a mess in NYC so its well worth it to avoid the lines....

if you dropping $400 a week and its 52 weeks in a year, thats $20,800 of POST TAX money. Thats about 30-35K pre tax.

If you got it like that then I don't see what the big deal is :lol: ... People spend more money on other collectables in a year, so 20K seems like light work to me.

And let's be realistic, how many people do y'all know that double up every week on a new release besides resellers? I know a few collectors who double up on certain releases, but not all.

Retros don't drop every week, so y'all saying people be doubling up on Phats, Mids, Alphas, Spiz'ikes, 6 rings, etc too?? Even if we add Kobes, Lebrons, KDs, Foams, and other gimmicks to the equation they still don't release every week, so I think that total number is much lower than 20K. And if you're a reseller, you're probably breaking even if your clientele is top notch.

HAS IT LIKE THAT = NICE SALARY so you just supported what I said initially.

honestly, it seems like 70% of niketalk HAS IT LIKE THAT. was just an observation. more power to those that do.

the numbers i toss out are very, very rough BUT nike has been smacking us with multiple shoes most weekends that can offset the doubles talk.

I mean, unless you only follow 1 shoe, then you will average at least the 21K number i tossed out there.

Nike will gladly do a thursday friday and saturday set of releases that will include Kobes, Lebrons, KDs, Jordan XX8s, Foamposites, Jordan Retros x 2 or 3, Penny Vs, Barkleys, etc and people will hop on at least 2-3 of them.

It's an expensive hobby to some and others are just blowin "play money" ..

What you do is start up a "business" and write that 30K off.
Oops, did I say that?
There are rules about hobby losses.... Unless you plan on showing a profit in the near future the IRS will catch up to you especially a huge schedule C loss (most of the people I highly doubt would incorporate) is like a huge red flag and basically screaming audit me....

Last edited:
Be a personal trainer, You can write off the equipment you need to do your job ie: shoes, shirts, shorts etc...

Last edited:
$230 isn't terrible.
No need to wake up early
"Only" a few bucks over retail
Price you pay for piece of mind

Be a personal trainer, You can write off the equipment you need to do your job ie: shoes, shirts, shorts etc...
Those are perfectly legitimate expenses as long as you really are a personal trainer... But you can't use your sneaker hobby as expenses especially if they are the 20k numbers like we were discussing, as I said and if you did prepare for the IRS to rotor-rooter your return if you show a huge loss or a $20,000 deduction for clothing expense on a schedule C

They will not be nice and they will BANG you with penalties and interest....

Last edited:
I was on the fence about these ONLY because of the price, but since I struck out with JJ on the royal 1s, I still have $75 credit, and a couple people owing me money :lol:, so I'll shoot for a pair.

The simplicity of this c/w is amazing imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom