Official Air Jordan 2011 thread

Originally Posted by DeeeCeee

Originally Posted by DRO3000

I think 20 years from now everyone will think the Black/White are the best CW, just like the concord XI
I'd side w/ this statement, and I said the exact same thing prior to the release. It's always the basic, classic white/black colorwway that seems to win out w/ JB later on down the line. In my opinion (and its just my opinion) I think the YOTRs are ugly. I'd also say that alot of the love for that particular colorway is due to the hype of its limitdness. Just an opinion....what are your thoughts?

Ill admit that the Hype definitely helped the YOTR's but really its the whole package that sells that shoe.  the box played a big part for me and I know some ppl dont care bout the box but I keep a lot of my J's DS so havin a nice box is part of it for me.  But in the end the YOTR's have more features like the gold speckles on the sole and that grey patina leather is something you have to see in person to appreciate.

Can't wait till the black patent leather pair to release.
As for the white patent leather pairs, the carolina blue pair is
pimp.gif

I think I am going to scoop up another pair of the White/Black colorway. Only colorway I want to double up on. YOTR and All Stars are close, but the White/Black pair are iconic. I almost feel guilty un-DS'ing them without having a backup pair. I'll prob scoop them up in April when the releases finally calm down.

I have to say my YOTR's are ridiculous, but everyday wear the White/Black gets my vote. Am I the only one that isn't really impressed with the White/Reds? They're beautiful, but the other three are more of my style.

I was talking with peeps at the BHM release, and no one seemed to even give the 2011 a look. Everyone just automatically thought they were wack. I talked to an older J head, and after explaining them, he tried them on in store and ended up copping the All Star pair along with his BHM's. He was impressed with the comfort level and the quality of the Patena leather. Too many people sleeping on these around my way...

I bought the white/red's and still think they're the best. I found the one place in all of the PHX area that had the blue's, and I must say they're impressive, but not better than the white/red's. I want the wht/blk pair but I'll wait a month or two. Ive bought 5 pairs of sneakers since Dec for retail. For a family man, I Need to slow down.

Zero, I think trying this shoe on def would change the mind of some people here. I already liked the look, but when i tried them on, I had to have them.

guy i work with came into today wearing and bragging about his white/blacks. He failed to see I was wearing my all stars... his
smile.gif
quickly turned to
frown.gif
. lol

Originally Posted by IV THA MERCY

guy i work with came into today wearing and bragging about his white/blacks. He failed to see I was wearing my all stars... his
smile.gif
quickly turned to
frown.gif
. lol
Hahaha, I just love these expressions from people. They think they're so cool with their GRs, then you show up with a better, limited CW. 
tongue.gif

ordered my white/reds off of eastbay! they look ridiculously comfortable! i cannot wait to ball in these...i'm a guard so definitely blue (zoom) insole for me

Originally Posted by deionandmelo

Zero, I think trying this shoe on def would change the mind of some people here. I already liked the look, but when i tried them on, I had to have them.

For real. I didn't think they would be this comfortable. Classic look with amazing comfort. this is how a signature shoe should be! Bring on the Black Patents!

Second pair of white/black colorway is in the works and im still on the hunt to double up on the allstars. Cant get enough of this shoe, Im excited to see some new colorways.

theres still a size 9 on fnl.com of the allstars. i didnt try checking out but didnt see it there earlier

imo

ASGs > YOTR > white/black > white/red

plan on picking up white/black and white/red if they hit around $100. might have to pick up white/black before then.

i seen the 3 cw's other than the yotr i really like the all-stars the most tried on the blacks and didnt see a huge comfort but i still would love a pair at some point.

Man this thread really slowed down in the last couple days............JB needs to drop some more pics/info on the "black outs" and any other CW's coming in the near future. 2011's are the best sneaker released so far this year IMO.

Originally Posted by teller360

theres still a size 9 on fnl.com of the allstars. i didnt try checking out but didnt see it there earlier

It looks like its there.. if only it were a size 11
wink.gif

finally saw these in person at Niketown Seattle. Picked them up, thinking they looked nice, felt nice, had great build quality and then it happened... flipped the shoe over to look at the sole and noticed it was starting to YELLOW at the midfoot area.

I had hopes that this new "sustainable"/green clear sole (however its billed) would somehow avoid yellowing. but nope, these yellow.

I'm just not buying a non-XI shoe with a sole that yellows.

YOTR are the best to me,with or without the fancy box,but don't get it twisted allstar's are clean & very impressive,will be coppin' very soon.

Originally Posted by clkru

finally saw these in person at Niketown Seattle. Picked them up, thinking they looked nice, felt nice, had great build quality and then it happened... flipped the shoe over to look at the sole and noticed it was starting to YELLOW at the midfoot area.

I had hopes that this new "sustainable"/green clear sole (however its billed) would somehow avoid yellowing. but nope, these yellow.

I'm just not buying a non-XI shoe with a sole that yellows.

It's 2011 can Nike not afford a team of chemists and engineers and solve this already??

Back
Top Bottom