Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

Well my mistake...I got 2 packages from eastbay. One was fontay 9. They were in the bag. There box was beat up. I just got home and realized my 3s were indeed double boxed. Open the packing box and the damn 3 box is somehow messed up too! !
Wtf eastbay? 360.00 and 2 beat up boxes...not a good look
funny they didnt dbl box 88's & ix both of which are over or near the $200 price point

but last week my girls valentines 1's were dbl boxed
laugh.gif

& the pimento air max i ordered from them was dbl boxed
roll.gif

both cheaper than the retros you bought....

if my hoodie i ordered from them comes dbl boxed today im gonna die laughing
eastbayrep explained (i believe in the black/red 11s thread) that they only double box if the shoes came doubled box from nike. otherwise, they bag them since their distribution center are not outfitted with boxes.

comparison to the 2003 and 2011 retros. clearly this is a better made shoe than the 2011s and will put the rest the naysayers who say this the exact same shoe

notice the 2011s doesnt have perforations at all in the section that houses the white plastic lacehoops

Last edited:
ok, so these are not the same shoe.

-leather on 88s is def. better and softer than '11 WC 3s as most have confirmed.
-i now see why ppl have compared 88s leather to chi 10s. pretty good comparison, but the 88s leather is softer and better than the 10s imo.
-88s are def. more narrow than '11 WC 3s.
-strong glue smell
-dull midsole on 88s
-overall u can tell pretty easily that they paid more attention to details like quality and materials on the 88s.
-perforations much more defined on 88s, which is a great look imo
-elephant print on 88s and '11s are the same
-mudguard leather is the same

i'm very happy with these. bout to snap a few pics...

Last edited:
I'm guessing no shoes will be worn and no Django's will be unchained... LOL
I'm guessing you aren't aware of the roi on cookies once the scouts pack up 

4/5 shoes are same size, my size

Django can never be unchained, we all know that 

trying to put the shoes on almost gave me a headache..haha the smell of these shoes is way too intense 

Please be joking when you said 'MIND as well'... That is one of my biggest pet peeves when people say that
I don't think he was joking. Same with people who post "could of, should of, would of."  

WOW. Look at the 2011 in that video, above... It's lacking the perforated leather. Every 2011 WC-III i've seen has perforated leather in all the places this '88 has.
Additionally -- I Just compared my '88 to my 2011s, and my 2011s look nothing like those 2011s in the video. My 88s came from Eastbay, my 2011 came from FNL. The '88 has a less-glossy leather upper; the mudguard is a little bit softer; there is more padding in the collar but less in the tongue. Other than that they are fairly close.

Last edited:
Seriously, how are some people saying these are NOTHING like the 2011 WC's :lol:

..you guys seriously blinded by the hype that much?

Besides 3 small details, these are literally the same shoe....and I own the 2003's, and both the 2011 and 88's.

Jordan Brand did not go back and break the mold just for these shoes.

I'm guessing you aren't aware of the roi on cookies once the scouts pack up 

4/5 shoes are same size, my size

Django can never be unchained, we all know that 
Just jokes baby boy. I ain't mad at ya, do YOU. I just find it funny when people buy that many pairs of the same shoe, doesn't make you wrong or me right.

Back
Top Bottom