Official Air Jordan 3 "White Cement" '88 Retro - Retail $200

So I was surfing eBay and came across a listing for some Fake 88s..decided to read the info he had...Dude claiming they authentic. I noticed they had a lot of bids...me being the nice guy I am decided to use my stealth eBay User ID and bid $1000 on all his listings....now I'm getting death threats..

:rofl: :rofl:

can you post the messages ?

my city only got 14 pairs......dudes were lined up at 1245am

60 heads there by the time the store opened

It was never like this in Canada before.....the hype is spilling over the border I guess

oh well

Where you at in Canada? I actually won three raffles in my area but was only able to redeem two since the third one was from the same company but different location.

Here is my story from the my local Vancouver thread:

"This was one HELLUVA morning! I ended up with three pairs.....You guys will be just as shocked as I was in the morning...

I didn't just win at one raffle, I won at THREE (YES THREE!!!) raffles.... I won at Corner store and both Livestock locations.

I received an e-mail from Corner Store at 10:29am, West 4th Livestock at 11:47 and Gastown Livestock at 12:13. Corner Store had already drawn their size 9 pair so I had the option to take the 8.5. I initially thought that shouldn't be too bad since many people in the '88 edition white/cement 3s thread said these run big. Then I was amazed when I received the congratulatory e-mail from West 4th; I won my actual size 9. After going HAAAAM again in my iMesage group chat with buddies, I received ANOTHER e-mail, this time from the Gastown store. My buddies thought I was trolling just to add salt on their wounds after not winning.

I was in complete disbelief so I felt the need to call the West 4th location just to confirm with them that I had in fact won twice. The reason why I thought it could have been their system messing up was because the W4th e-mail was sent directly to my e-mail; Gastown's e-mail was sent to 'Livestock Customer Service'. Ben cleared everything up. He said that yes, I did win at both, however, I wasn't supposed to and that the person who drew from Gastown didn't see my name already listed as a W4th winner. I told him that it was no problem at all and that I was hoping whoever won the re-draw of the size 9s from Gastown was as passionate as I am about sneakers (J's at the least) and not some grimy reseller. My buddies did blast me for my good deed since a few of them also wear size 9s. I told them what I did was morally correct and that I'd never want to ruin the integrity of Livestock's raffle especially since they did their raffles properly for this release.

As long as all limited releases are handled the same way Corner Store and Livestock did this one, I will never regret my decision to call W4th to clear things up which ultimately led to me winning only one pair from Livestock.

After all, I had to spread the wealth right?!

I will be rocking the 8.5's because they do run big (I wear size 9's in all the other J's I have). My size 9s will go to one of my buddies AND FOR FACE VALUE . The third pair I have is a size 14, lmao. I will be using that for trade bait to hopefully get something from my long list of 'must-haves'."

Now he's gonna sue me and eBay...
laugh.gif

Need help, need to kno if mentalkicks if legit or not..

There's a thread on mentalkicks. They allegedly sell high quality B-grade shoes. Not necessarily factory variant/fakes, but not Nike authorized shoes that would be sold in a major retail store.

Got my shipping confirmation from NDC EU today. Now just the wait for delivery and wondering wether I will get lucky with quality/elephant print etc or not. Not complaining though after copping at retail

Got my shipping confirmation from NDC EU today. Now just the wait for delivery and wondering wether I will get lucky with quality/elephant print etc or not. Not complaining though after copping at retail
First hard part of this release - Actually obtaining the shoe

Second hardest part - Getting a decent cement print

Last edited:
First hard part of this release - Actually obtaining the shoe

Second hardest part - Getting a decent cement print

Keeping my figures crossed. My first pair from the states (HOH Houston) were not perfect but they were good enough but it will be interesting to see if the extra time they have had till the Europe release has improved quality control over the US pairs. By Thursday I will have both so will compare and post.

it will be interesting to see if the extra time they have had till the Europe release has improved quality control over the US pairs.
One of my pairs from NT London is far better than the other so it really is just luck over location. Wouldn't mind seeing pics on Thursday though..fingers crossed. 

Back
Top Bottom