Official Air Jordan IV "Mars" post...

JumpmansATL7:
Total Posts Last Post Last Seen Member Since
1292 07/03/06 22:39:54 07/14/06 13:06:54 06/17/06

Give it a rest, you are starting to be more annoying than that dude with the big-bouncy dot in his avy and DJ KO--combined.

I just got home to see this :

Quote:
Ya stay complainin about all the wack retro colorways and when they give us a very good OG retro ya still crying. And if you believe that this is JB demise you are crazy or havent been around long enough to understand the popularity of jordan sneakers.

This GMan is talkin' to me and trying to test my credibility.First of all,I've been wearing Air Jordans since you've been wearing diapers,so I know first-hand what authentic Air Jordans looked and felt like.I'm upset that we're not seeing that anymore.

JumpmansATL7 and myself were trying to show you people that it's your choices that later relate to what you see on the shelves in the future.

Just like Gman,I got my hands on a pair of these Mars so-called retro,so-called IV's and gave it right back.A different outcome than what he saw and felt - beside that jumpman logo putting me off...

Here's the REAL deal :

You guys make up your own minds but I'll tell you the truth.
I was shocked at the inferior pleather they used,especially,on such an anticipated model where they could really have capitolized on.The shape is off,along with this new "banana" effect - don't know why they changed the shape of the IV.

Now,I think that guy saw what I saw but chose to ignore it,as it does contain the hype a new air jordan sneaker would usually hold.Hype to stroke the ego,to show out and say look at what I'm wearing.Not to say look at this and educate yourselves on a model lost but not forgotten.

It's only resembles the original in color,if you're walking fast but when you slow down and stand next to someone with the OG,you'll see vast differences -trust me.

A lot of you will buy it - and that's ok but WISE up and see the shoe after the HYPE has died off in a few months when the V's come,and see where this company is leading you guys.Away from the quality and status this shoe once held by the mid-90's to Lord knows where in the future.

Just open your eyes,buy it if you want but look at what you're doing and what you're telling Brand Jordan.

You're saying,we're HAPPY with your every move and we also anticipate your next low-quality jumpman V,thankyou for not wasting time on us.

Quote:
if you braindead consumers with LOW STANDARDS didn't buy this garbage then JB would make higher quality products

One more thing:

Ignore this GBMan, JumpmansATL7.

He says that we're the minority here.Ok, given that which it may be, look how the minority got a huge company like JB to switch material from leather sides to at least valconized rubber.

We have a say in this as well,so respect that and stop "low-ballin'" to prove yourself.

Truth doesn't lie and you guys will see what we're talking about here.Inspect the shoe when you see it and feel the material that you're gonna be stuck with for at least the next while.

I hate to get in "grown-folk" business, but let me reiterate to all you whining about quality issues:

THEY ARE JUST SHOES

^and basketball is just a game too right?

:rolleyes
eyes.gif

I am going to get them regardless, I just love shoes.
I know that most shoes can be made with better quality materials but it is fine as long as they hold up and they perform pretty well then everything is okay. I honestly loves shoes for what they are and MJ has already made a strong impact on the game of basketball itself and he is part of the reason why i still wear jordans because i will always remember those games when Jordan played the game. His willingness and determination was and more than likely still is full of excellence. His work ethic is crazy, I loved that he is an extremely determined person especially when it comes to competing. Now, if you like the shoes just buy them. Also, please stop going back and forth posting up peoples messages that they send to you and everything. C'mon now, lets keep this post all about the Air Jordan 4 Fire Red Retros please.
J Dilla = one of the greatest producers of our time.

I'm just trying to say in the grand scheme of things.

Take a shoe for what it is. Don't bicker and argue about quality control issues when this is the slippery slope JB has been heading down ever since it has gotten a stronghold on it's core consumers--urban youth.

No petition signed by the masses can make JB/Nike change their game plan.

It's all in the books.

OGFresh.....Not trying to start another set of back and forth posts, but i was using your statement as a catalyst. At no point did i question your cred. Just said what i felt at the moment and clearly said "sorry for my rant". And why must you be like this other dude ignoring information. I been wearing jordans since "86" so no you havent been wearing jordans since i was in diapers. Thats not an original comment man. Aligning yourself with the likes of this other dude doesnt help your "cred" tho i must say that. Stop ya cred claims its the internet.
Quote:
He says that we're the minority here.Ok, given that which it may be, look how the minority got a huge company like JB to switch material from leather sides to at least valconized rubber.

Yes I was all for that movement myself and no i didnt want to buy them until that change was made. However doesnt change the fact that regardless of what we NTers thought of them the shoes will have still sold.

Now ever since i can remember i been poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar............

eek.gif
eek.gif

This thread has turned into the war between vets and newbs. It's crazy in here. We must understand that no release will satisfy the entire world, let alone the Niketalk community, and that's life. The reason this thread generates so much heat is because this shoe resembles a much sought after Air Jordan original.

I think we should not look at it as a retro, but more-so as a retro+. We've all seen crappy leather on Jordans, but never has it had such an effect on this community. I've held these sneakers, and I think some ppl are making it out to be far worse than it really is (but it could have been a special pair I checked out).

Quite frankly, these are retro+ jordans. These are Mars IVs that feature a special etching to honor Mars Blackmon. These are not the same sneakers you had back in the day. If your only complaint is the quality of leather used, remember these are meant to be worn and get worn out. It's not as if your overgrown toe nails will rip a hole in the shoe because of the leather quality (i hope not...j/k).

^ Yea, maybe I was knockin a bit too hard on these shoes and JB in my last post on p34. I shouldn't speak about this release based on past products, 2-dimensional pictures, and other people's opinions. I won't see how good or bad the quality on these shoes actually is until I've actually tried them on. I think I'll go to this release, try them on in the store, and see how they feel just like I did before buying a pair of shoes became so hectic. Then I'll decide whether or not I wanna buy these. What can the employees say? "No you cannot try this pair of shoes on before you buy them"?

I don't see myself as a vet or a noob/nub (heh). I just think before I speak, and I'm just starting to think before I buy.

Quote:
Yes I was all for that movement myself and no i didnt want to buy them until that change was made

Ok, noted that you made a concise choice to with-hold.A choice I feel the urban youth must make before an extreme change is eminent.

Just trying to bring to the table what I saw,after waiting 17 years to see my expectations crumble before my eyes.Now,if I hadn't waited like that,like most kids today just now buying air jordans,then I wouldn't know that anything else existed or could exist,if the chance was presented.

A movement is needed - anti-hype may slowly make it's way forward,as people get pass the blinding light of these new revelances JB throws at them month to month.

Quote:
However doesnt change the fact that regardless of what we NTers thought of them the shoes will have still sold.

JB is about BIG numbers in gaining a specific calculated profit which their chairman seeks.They have to answer to him once their plan doesn't go like they envision it to.Even if the shoes are being sold,they look at it as their failure to completely dominate their competitors.

That's why I felt it was crucial to relay my experience with this NT board.

I see you had a different experience and more people might feel that way but piece by piece,I feel this monster they've created will eat itself.

They'll be on the downslope toward their demise and try to come for us with a hopeful attempt at an exact replica they know we want sooo badly..that's once the urban clothing trend deals a suffering blow to their franchise.

^ I agree. The only way I see JB actually upping the quality on their products is if a major/big portion of their buyers (eg: urban youth) actually think twice before dropping hype dollars on these retros.

Like I said two posts ago, I think JB Retro's older buyer base will ultimately stop buying, maybe now, maybe w/in the next couple of releases after they see the deteriorating quality of the shoes they're putting out. I already see a lot of the older heads sticking to OG collecting. For these new retros, 2003+, we're paying more money for products that are made with materials cheaper than the materials used in products in the past. I guess it's hype, aka the concept of supply and demand.

Cut demand, and prices will fall.

There was a thread earlier this week about a massive boycott. Lol. I actually think that's the only way to go to get JB to up their quality. Sadly, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Quote:
I think we should not look at it as a retro, but more-so as a retro+.

That may be the proper distinction needed to calm a lot of people's nerves on this issue.

Remember,other people,like myself,were around in 1989 to see the original debut.17 years later,this huge moster of hype they've placed to revitalize their franchise has gotten twisted in a retro+ they've deemed as a "classic" retro for the ages.

They know we've been waiting but to make drastic changes makes no sense to me.This urban clothing trend is running them to the ground.A quick trendy profit now but a slow demise later on.

A classic IV,one 1/4 of 4 colorways to grace 1989

RIP (Rest In Peace) - what IV's used to look like before JB butchered and mangled without consequence..

1zz2ib6.jpg

who cares? stop acting like pansies (SP?) and either buy or don't buy them. both the long time collector and the new collector. quality, new style, plastic wings, netting, it's all irrelevant especially since they're coming out in a few days. can't we be happy that we got something KIND OF close to the original?
I'm the ugliest version of passed down toxic capitalist
rapid emcee perversion -- I'm America!
Your bleeding-heart liberal drivel gets squashed
Wash em with sterilized rhyme patriot-guided weaponry bomb
from the makers of the devious hearts -- I'm America!- EL-P

^^^That lineup is so sexy. I like that there were only four colorways released. It made life as a Jordan fan, and fan of the AJ line so easy. I wasn't into Js back then, being that I'm only 17, but I guess that's what a lot of ppl are feeling. As far as IVs go, I plan on searchin for those original colorways only, with the minor addition of the
pimp.gif
Tours

Some of you take shoes too serious.

On the brink of mentally unfit for society.

Oh well, I'll cop if the funds are available, if not, more money for school.

Quote:
They'll be on the downslope toward their demise and try to come for us with a hopeful attempt at an exact replica they know we want sooo badly..that's once the urban clothing trend deals a suffering blow to their franchise.

Glad your not like that other dude and actually listen. However i dont know why ya keep saying jordan brand is headed to their demise. And yes if they release exact replicas when they re-release an OG pair we will be happy. I think that JB is doing pretty good for themselves business wise, but i do not agree with these retro colorways that have been coming out like most of the 14s, 10s, and 7s.
Now ever since i can remember i been poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar............

Hey do we get a retro card or foldable poster?I kinda like 06 J iv retro posters...
Kaga is ur Daddy!

I really like the way this thread is going.Ive read through all of the posts and i see where everyone is coming from.

I know im only 18 years old,but i have been wearing Air Jordans since the day I was born,and i do see drastic changes from the OG IVs from the pictures,and 99' retros from having them and the 06 retros.But like GBdaMan said dont listen to what anyone else says.Just wear what you like,they dont pay for the shoes its your own money.I cant wait until next weekend to get these I think they are very creative with Mars on the side

^^^^ everyone who joins yuku has there member since time restarted, im pretty sure hes been here alot longer.
Jordans 4 Sale sz 11.5 - Mist IV, Pt.Blue Dub-Zero
Jonny207@yahoo.com AIM: Jonny91589.

Look fellas, they are jus shoes. Yes, but at the same time if u dont like the feel they have then dont cop, and even if JB is headed for its demise, then we can all say it was a great run, and there will never be another one like it.

Oh, and yeah it does seen like they're jus throwing stuff @#%$ together so they can eat. But who cares! U cant knock the hustle, b/c even if the qaulity is a lil off and the colorway is trash someone is still gonna cop and it may jus sell out some places and thats just the reality off it. So enjoy it while its here. If not close your O.G. box and walk away with the heat that u already have.
DS SZ 9.5 J's II-XIII. GET AT ME!! jones23me@yahoo.com

Some random thoughts...

- I think people should stop complaining about the price jump (from $99.99 to $114.99 or 124.99). It has been 17 years people, over time, things cost more. Candy bars used to cost $.50 7-8 years ago, now they're $.75-.99. If you honestly expect something to stay the same in price for 17 years you've got to be an idiot.

- I already have Lasers and am completely satisfied with those and could really do without these. I feel weird buying basically the same shoe again. JB is doing what some music artists are doing these days, dropping one product and then releasing a slightly modified version of the same product later on. Mariah Carey did it with the Emancipation of Mimi (EOM and EOM Ultra-Platinum Edition), 50 did it with The Massacre (TM and TM: Special Ediotion), Usher did it with Confessions (Confessions and Confessions: Special Edition) and there are others too. You buy one product thinking you're satisfied and then a few months later another version comes out and you feel cheated.

- I'm 19 going on 20 and pay for my college so money for shoes is hard to comeby. I am signing a lease for my first apartment this Wednesday. I love Jordans as much as the next guy but I am not going to pay twice for the same shoe. I will pass on these and not have any regrets.

- I'm not an OG collector by any means. I wasn't a Jordan fan until the second dynasty. So thus I am more of a fan of the XI-XIV edtions than I am of the IV-VIII editions. I have no sentimental value for the OG Fire Reds. I am simply too young to appreciate those shoes. To the people that do have sentimental value for the OG Fire Red IVs, I can see why they're complaining about this release. But like with everything else, its your money and if you like it, buy it. If you don't, then don't buy it. JB is poorly replicating a version of what some people might call a classic. They're not trying to mock or insult OG collectors by any means. They aren't in business to satisfy someone's sentimental value. I don't want to sound rude by saying this but it wasn't like the people at JB sat down and said... "Okay here's the Air Jordan IV Fire Red, lots of 29-45 year old men loved these shoes when they were a kid and I think it would be best for the company if we made an exact version of the original shoe so that those 29-45 year old men can be happy since that shoe is more than just a shoe to them." It was more like... "So what is selling these days? Retros are selling pretty well, what should we retro? The IVs always seem to sell well. Let's put out an OG colorway and add a little modern twist to it to satisfy the older crowd and the younger crowd. This should maximize our profits." JB is in business to make the most money possible.

And as far as quality issues...

- My explanation could be... JB focuses on quality on their top of the line signature product, as in the XX1. The quality on those was very good. I would expect the quality of a company's best product to be well, the best. Retros are not JBs best product. They don't spend millions of dollars advertising retros like they do new releases like the XX1. Its a simple explanation... The quality of the Acura RSX is very good but the quality of the NSX is excellent.

FS: AJ XIII fr blu/flnt gry 11 DS 11 $165 shipped
FS: AJ XIII blk/rd NDS 11 $150 shipped
FS: iPod video black 30GB like new

I feel bad for the people that bought the Lasers... what a marketing ploy!
C H R I S T M A S A P E T H E M O V I E . C O M[/url]

saw the mars on display today. they looked reallly good
"Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons."

Quote:
I think people should stop complaining about the price jump (from $99.99 to $114.99 or 124.99). It has been 17 years people, over time, things cost more. Candy bars used to cost $.50 7-8 years ago, now they're $.75-.99. If you honestly expect something to stay the same in price for 17 years you've got to be an idiot.

AJ3
1988-$100
1994/5-$100
2001-$100
2003-$100
2007-$125????????

no change in price or quality for 15 years but something major happens in 4 years?

AJ4
1989-$100
1999-$100
2004-$110
05-06-$115/$125

same price and quality ten years later, but in a 2 year span, quality falls and the price goes up 15-25 dollars??????

AJ5
1990-$120
2000-$120
2006-$135-$145???????

Back
Top Bottom