Official Air Jordan IV "Mars" post...

Quote:
inflation is obviously not a valid reason for the price hikes. the argument would hold water if quality stayed the same while prices increased due to inflation. but since quality DROPS and prices RISE ALL WITHIN THE LAST FEW YEARS it's obvious.

Man ya really only read what you want, so again i will post the definition. And the definition of everything

Inflation - a general and progressive increase in prices; "in inflation everything gets more valuable except money"

Everything - All things or all of a group of things.

I am not arguing price in relation to quality. Just stating the rise in cost of an item. Yet you all are so disgruntled you dont know where to focus your attention and efforts. You wanna complain about a few dollars go ahead. And for the dude who gave all them examples about prices going up and products staying the same. You are buggin if you think this gas we get now is the same as it was back in the day.

Just to add another note this is a retro of an original shoe not a replica, by a subsidiary company, made in a different country, by a different company.

Now ever since i can remember i been poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar............

og>>>>>>>>>laser>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mars. :b
tongue.gif

[/url]​

I THINK THEY SHOULD CHANGE THIS TO THE "OFFICIAL MARS IV BITC$%ING AND WHINING ABOUT QUALITY POST"! :lol:
laugh.gif
:\
ohwell.gif

I take it that so many people are complaining about the quality of the shoe that there won't be long lines and sellouts of the shoe??? :lol:
laugh.gif

WANTED IN A SIZE 11 DS: AIR JORDANS I-XI

Quote:
Man ya really only read what you want, so again i will post the definition. And the definition of everything

but you only respond to my post. haha there's like 5 other people in here saying the same thing. PWNED!!

someone tell this clown to stop before he digs himself a deeper hole :lol:
laugh.gif

just about EVERYONE can see that inflation is not the reason for the price hike. you sure you graduated from college?

Quote:
Well said.

Now can we please kill this inflation bullshiii?

some people are slow to comprehend man so we know they'll still use it as an excuse for their precious JB to rip them off. but i'm not going to discuss this further as my points have already been made.
Quality Obsessed​
Team Disgruntled​
I need XI laces in good condition!! White or Black....PM me or email me if you have them​

^ yah right. you know the biggest whiners are the ones up at the crack of dawn waiting in line.

An extra $15 increase at 500,000 units = an extra $7,500,000. Idk if a GR is 500,000 units, but it should be something even higher than that after accounting for the Pures, Tours, Mars, and Militaries. I'm underestimating. And you know JB profits more than just $15 from each shoe sold.

If these shoes were released as is w/ a $100 price tag, my mouth would be shut right now. And I'd be coppin this pair with no complaints come saturday. Like someone said in this thread earlier, JB has always been using materials below industry par. But these IVs w/ the price hike just did it for me. Like I said 12 pages ago, I'm passing.

^^Yea! Atleast create another thread dedicated to quality control and the official thread for "copped", copped 2x", and "I'm passin" - like it used to be.

Quote:
but you only respond to my post. haha there's like 5 other people in here saying the same thing. PWNED!!

Thats because i like you alot more JumpmansATL :wink:
wink.gif

Quote:
just about EVERYONE can see that inflation is not the reason for the price hike. you sure you graduated from college?

As sure as I am of my student loans. Heres the thing JumpmansATL, I dont let people decide what I think. I clearly understand what the term means. And when the definition says everything than that means EVERYTHING.
Now ever since i can remember i been poppin my collar, poppin poppin my collar............

This kind of honest product criticism and open debate is exactly what is needed for these Niketalk "official threads" - constructive discussion about quality, consumer wants and real discourse on Brand Jordan products.

These OFFICIAL HYPE THREADS with "copped", "copped 3x," "when should I start sleeping on the streets/camping out for shoes" and "I can't wait" posts only lead to increased/hyped prices by online retailers/resellers and gives Brand Jordan the thumbs up to continue manufacturing inferior products and increasing prices. Why do you think most of the online retailers/resellers were so hesitant to make there Mars IV's available online as early as they've done with previous releases? It's likely that didn't get the kind of responses on Niketalk over the past 2 weeks that they were looking for so that they could hit consumers with a $225+ price tag.

I hope that the official posts with this kind of discussion continues. It's good for Niketalk, keeps reselling prices at a minimum, and opens the minds of the decision makers as Brand Jordan. Keep up the healthy debate! I think many people have been waiting a long time for this kind of talk...

my spot got em in 2day... im jus waiting for my boy to get outta work at 6... i hope we can make it there on time cuz they close at 7.... well im about to head to his cribbo in 10 min... im a go get ready... ill be back later to give u an update... and if i cop ill post pics...1
Fan til I die​

So which site is everyone planning on ordering from if ur doing it online?............Eastbay, Finishline, Niketown, etc......I need to know because I might have to do it online if I cant get a ride to the mall and I wanna know which is the best site to do it on.
Teaneck[/i]
Reeceman10,FinesseSosa,Justdunkit02,PolosandDunks,TheRaygunZ,IAMMALCOLMX519,rzh100

:nerd:
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
...I mean seriously though, since we're getting some Fire-red IVs with Mars Blackmon face on them, will there be any Mars Blackmon clothing availiable for the Mars IV in addition???... :nerd:
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

BRAVES BASEBALL​
....yeah right​

Quote:
THINK THEY SHOULD CHANGE THIS TO THE "OFFICIAL MARS IV BITC$%ING AND WHINING ABOUT QUALITY POST"!

Quote:
I take it that so many people are complaining about the quality of the shoe that there won't be long lines and sellouts of the shoe???

if you had any common sense, you would see that this is for future releases.

Quote:
Werd... lol... we're getting the shoes! Beggers cant B choosers!!!

what is making you guys think that JB isn't going to retro something, and if they do, they are doing us a favor????

a quote from Gentry Humphery

"All original colorways will eventually be retroed"

so its not if they are gonna retro something, ITS WHEN

Quote:
I take it that so many people are complaining about the quality of the shoe that there won't be long lines and sellouts of the shoe???

When people do things like that it borders on addiction.

Something people need to remember;

When the IV was released in 89 it was $110

Accounting for inflation that's *at least $150* in todays money.

Yet the shoe is retailing at $115.

If they sold it at what the 1989 price translates into in todays money, then somebody would be complaining about that too.

At $115, they are going to let a few things slip by, but the quality has improved a bit since the 04 IVs at least.

Back
Top Bottom