Official Air Jordan Retro I WHITE/RED/BLK Thread JAN 2013

agree generally about the packs but this one went out...i love both shoes...it would be like a concord-bred xi pack for me...:smokin :smokin :smokin

A Jordan 11 pack would go like this;
$180+180= $360 +$30 (they apparently add $15 to each shoe) = $390+tax= ~$400

Not everybody is ready to drop $400 on a pack like that. Separate releases every month sounds a lot better. Time to rest. Like this, the concord lows release, then the bred lows release a month later. Much easier for me.

I didn't have $400 to drop in the gmp and all I wanted was the 7s. Nobody that was my size wanted to split the pack either so I missed out on it and if I want it I have to pay $750+ on the whole pack. It would have been easier as separate retros but it is what it is.

I don't control jb so this really means nothing. :\

^^ chill fam,that was my opinion and it includes only the two suggested packs i mentioned,and my taste in it...i feel you on the gmp though...many people like you out there.

I just got a free pair of white red vandals. Ima sure the red tongue tag on these. Seems like you can only find Nike tag and not Nike Air. Ehhh works anyway,

Replacing logos is one thing, but placing logos in spots that originally never had a logo is unacceptable.  In this case, that Jumpman at the back (if it indeed will have one) is like an impurity to the shoe's design.  It's not even a matter of keeping all original branding for me anymore, I just want the design of the shoe to look as close as possible to the OG.  That Jumpman on the back ruins all hopes though.  Sure, go ahead and replace the Nike tag on the tongue with a Jumpman.  I don't mind too much.  But when something is added where it's just not supposed to be, then that is just irksome.  

Long story short:  JB can go ahead and replace logos all they want, but they really ought not to take away or add anything that muddles the shoe's design.  

I'm just particularly annoyed because this is my favorite colorway of the 1s.  

Replacing logos is one thing, but placing logos in spots that originally never had a logo is unacceptable.  In this case, that Jumpman at the back (if it indeed will have one) is like an impurity to the shoe's design.  It's not even a matter of keeping all original branding for me anymore, I just want the design of the shoe to look as close as possible to the OG.  That Jumpman on the back ruins all hopes though.  Sure, go ahead and replace the Nike tag on the tongue with a Jumpman.  I don't mind too much.  But when something is added where it's just not supposed to be, then that is just irksome.  

Long story short:  JB can go ahead and replace logos all they want, but they really ought not to take away or add anything that muddles the shoe's design.  

I'm just particularly annoyed because this is my favorite colorway of the 1s.  

I actually don't mind the jumpman on the heel much. The back looks kinda plain without it. I cop regardless. Like OLNL pack the jumpman looked nice on there, and since these are going with the retro look it seems it may be on these as well but I'm not gonna sweat it.

But the royals without the jumpman :pimp:

Really? Lol its opposite for me. Blank heel because a tongue tag can be removed, but a Jumpman looks bad unstitched on the heel. Copping anyhow.

Interesting, I didn't think of it like that. I tried doing that with Dunk SB "RESN" but it was really hard finding the original colorway tongue tag for them. Ended up selling the RESN's. And even if I did find it, I'd have to buy the shoes and take it off making it really hard to resell the shoes or significantly lowering the price on them.

I'm still not sure about the AJ1 White/Varsity Reds. I'd have to see more pics.

I highly dought JB would release an 11's pack for a higher price than previous packs:rolleyes
Would not surprise me one bit....JB can get away with anything cuz people will never stop buying them. :smh: heck, they raised the price on this years 11s to $180 and still had the nerve to not give us the special box they did the past few years.

Really? Lol its opposite for me. Blank heel because a tongue tag can be removed, but a Jumpman looks bad unstitched on the heel. Copping anyhow.

Interesting, I didn't think of it like that. I tried doing that with Dunk SB "RESN" but it was really hard finding the original colorway tongue tag for them. Ended up selling the RESN's. And even if I did find it, I'd have to buy the shoes and take it off making it really hard to resell the shoes or significantly lowering the price on them.

I'm still not sure about the AJ1 White/Varsity Reds. I'd have to see more pics.

I just got a free pair of Vandals from this kid. Pretty lucky. Like you said who wants to buy a show just for its tag.

Eh, IMO the Royals go way harder. These are still nice, I'll wait to see what the red looks like later on.

Very nice sample... I can't wait for OG CW to drop bc I never worn my passed down 85's (passed down from my old man) , now my chance to cop and rock!!!
Except it to be a crazy camp out!!!!

I just got a free pair of Vandals from this kid. Pretty lucky. Like you said who wants to buy a show just for its tag.
A cortez tag works well for this. I remember seeing a thread on here about someone doing it. Cortez's are like $30 at the Nike outlet, or cop a beat pair online for super cheap as long as the tag is in good shape.

Would not surprise me one bit....JB can get away with anything cuz people will never stop buying them.
mean.gif
heck, they raised the price on this years 11s to $180 and still had the nerve to not give us the special box they did the past few years.
Just because early pairs didn't have the special packaging doesn't mean the official release won't. Remember, they said no special packaging for the Concords last year.

It would be a dumb move for JB to have special packaging for SJ, CG, and Concords and none for Breds.

Back on topic, I'm definitely copping these if they're Nike Air branded like the Black/Royals!

I need these. I know I may be in the minority, but the 1's are my favorite jays and I don't have a pair, so I will be buying these.

am i the only one excited about these one??the blue royal 1s are counting pages and these here are like forgotten...dont tell me its because the jumpman logo crap...well...that much better for me,gonna cop x3 anyways...:smokin :smokin :smokin

white/red AJKOS> these crappy leather joints, thats my reason for not caring about these and im only getting the royals because they didnt have the KOs to get in that colorway

I was hoping that JB was going to keep the Nike Air tag on the tongue, just like how they kept it on the Royal's, but I'm looking forward to these too.

I'M STILL HOLDING OUT HOPE THAT THEY DO THESE LIKE THEY DO THE ROYAL 1'S WITH NIKE AIR AND NO HEEL JUMPMAN. OTHERWISE, I'M PASSING.

I'M STILL HOLDING OUT HOPE THAT THEY DO THESE LIKE THEY DO THE ROYAL 1'S WITH NIKE AIR AND NO HEEL JUMPMAN. OTHERWISE, I'M PASSING.
 I hope so too but I think JB is trying to gauge the real interest in the nike air logo vs the jumpman.  If the two colorways were equal (both having nike or both having jumpman) the white/reds would easily outsell the black/royals.  They're trying to see if (or more likely they already know) the nike air will really increase sales.  It's the same reason they're putting it on the blue/orange colorway...it'll sell a lot better than with the jumpman.  I think they feel that the bulls cw will sell well enough without the nike air this time around and they can double dip in a couple years.
mean.gif
  I'll speak with my money though.  I'm probably going to buy 2-3 pairs of the royals and I'll even pick up a pair of the knicks cw but i'm passing on these if there's a jumpman.  I know a lot of people will.

Back
Top Bottom