Official Air Jordan X "Chicago" release thread 1/21/12! No buying/selling/trading!

those laces look mad nice on those
pimp.gif

anyway got my pair yesterday that was on hold for me...and mine came with a hangtag, copped from a mom and pop

Originally Posted by sthebest

Originally Posted by kicks4eva

Originally Posted by sthebest

actually you're right, but calm down...its not that serious. Powder Blues were in fact a GR and were available nationwide. I think it's because of the fact that Powders have a similiar colorway to the rest of the city pack is the reason that they have been lumped in with the rest over the years.

haha..im good trust me...didnt mean to come off as if i was mad at the world..lol...but yeah you got this young generation...so call sneakerheads saying i got these charlotte hornet 10's and it seems to rub off on everybody else...and you even got top sneaker websites saying the same thing....but me i do take sneakers serious and i am very passionate about it as well....have been since i was very young....born in 84' im 28 now.....so yeah  it def needs to be addressed....

I hear you bro, I was born the same year 
pimp.gif

and yeah it confused me too on why Powders were always called Charlotte Xs. to me, they just followed the colorway of the Powder IXs as a UNC tribute shoe. I actually had a pair a few years ago and had to sell them to help my mother pay for the car accident she got into. Not to mention they were a half size big for me.

sweet..yeah its really as of the past year or two...you got all these young kids saying that...im just a firm believer in know the history on what you wearing...its honestly a disgrace to the sneaker community...but hey thy can look uneducated if they want..lol...whats funny is i live in charlotte..born and raised...so yeah pretty funny..

I usually buy at least 2 pairs. One to keep and the others to sell to offset the price of the ones I'm keeping. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Originally Posted by soledout23

I usually buy at least 2 pairs. One to keep and the others to sell to offset the price of the ones I'm keeping. I don't see anything wrong with that.

I don't see why letting a free market do its work really is a problem.  If you don't like it, don't buy it.  It's not as if resellers didn't have to put in their own work or resources to get those shoes.

went on the usual sites at midnight and not shocked by what i found
all crashed !!
only had minor interest in these so no big deal
watched a movie, and something made me go to champs site at about 145am ?
they showed some left so i went to buy and got a pair 11.5 in my cart !
check out time was like 9 hrs !!
started watching another movie and as time went by, the check out time got shorter and shorter
finally at about 340am, my cart popped up and i checked out using paypal
within minutes i got confirmation from both !
AMEN

Originally Posted by aphexacid

Originally Posted by gregzzy23

Originally Posted by AirUpHere23

I really would like an explanation on them. Its so random
I've been trying to piece together info for days. I couldn't care less about the hangtag, i'm just dying to know what the deal is with them. Nothing to do with production dates, where or when they were purchased etc.

Its like totally random

I would not buy it but I can understand for a serious collector would want it
alien.gif

Originally Posted by ballerchild

Still no confirmation email from ndc. Getting a little worried here. Never experienced anything like that from them.

when i have ordered shoes on there i wouldnt receive an email unti lthe shoe ships..they should email u by no later  than tomorrow night

I feel for all you dudes that got stuck working, snowed in, etc etc...I was trying to help some of y'all out yesterday...I had about four pairs in popular sizes I could've done at retail plus shipping for you no problem, I cam within 10 minutes of being able to help out one member, but his size got snatched up right before he hit me back...
30t6p3b.gif

I was scoping my spots until about 1:30pm and they had stock of popular sizes, but they disappeared over the course of a few hours...
ohwell.gif

I hope y'all are able to scoop without resellers gouging... $200-225 is decent when you take into account shipping, PayPal fees, etc...

Originally Posted by authentic354

Originally Posted by Vanni G

I added old school red/black Jordan XV laces with the metal tips! It brings out the red checkerboard inner soles...

where did you get those laces?
More importantly where did you get the hang tag??

Originally Posted by Chi23

To all who copped on NDC:  did you use a link that came up on nikes twitter?  I was at the nike store website but I didnt see them appear until at least 12:10.  Once the X's finally appeared, they were out of size 15's.  
Is it the twitter link that you should be looking for or just go to the nike store site?
I tried the twitter link this time and I got through.
It is more efficient than trying to search for it on the Nikestore website.

i think i saw a few posts on this earlier but surprised there havent been more since RD. from the pair i copped from the local shoe spot in atlanta yesterday (missing an "N" in the word "Championship")...
7d316169e4cc6d7ef0162dc60767b45d8020e06c_r.jpg

seen a few pics of this happening on other sites. definitely not complaining. i think it gives it a little character lol. i'll be curious to see whether my size 13 from NDC and size 13 from Eastbay have the same issue. Please note - this post is not intended to spark a 5 page debate about how JB's quality has declined. we all know that. let's turn the page. this post is purely for a bit of comedic relief :tongue:

For those who ordered on NDC, if you don't get your order confirmation email by tomorrow, then you can start to worry about your order being cancelled.

Originally Posted by KMante

For those who ordered on NDC, if you don't get your order confirmation email by tomorrow, then you can start to worry about your order being cancelled.

there is going to be alot of mad ppl, i placed a order with them for the concords my bank account said pending transaction then ORDER CANCELED!!

Back
Top Bottom