Official Air Jordan X "Chicago" release thread 1/21/12! No buying/selling/trading!

Originally Posted by JIM SHADY2003

10 min til they let us in the mall probably 20 people in line bunch of police here gave us a speech about "we're not having incident this time" they're making a super big deal out of this I'm chillen at the front of the line, my son shut all these GUYS down with his concords on
laugh.gif

Guys like this kill me lol, they show up to sneaker releases hype and hoping to impress other GUYS. Why be so hype to impress and have other GUYS looking at you? LolAnyways I couldn't cop I got stuck at work with the snow in NYC (tons of callouts for this little bit of snow) not mad though I didn't really want these, I was surprised they sold so well congrats to those who got their pairs

Originally Posted by cashm0neyand1

Originally Posted by khadafi252

Why do people inspect the shoes before they buy them? It holds up the line.

Why not? thats the smart thing to do. Next thing you know. You go home with a defective unwearable pair. You have no one to blame but yourself if you had chance to inspect, and did not.
I do this all the time, I check all my pair(s).
It's the least thing you can do when it your $$ your giving up.

Really?   You must have not been buying Jordans for long.  
I see scuffs or globs of glue stains all the time.  If I'm paying $160+, I don't care if I hold up the line, it only takes less than a minute to check your pair. 

Houston- Just out from Champs Greenspoint, small wait and steadly selling. My pair and for my bro so its a done deal for now.

Success!!! I got to the mall at 6:00am and about 15 people were there. Easily grew to over 300 by 9:30. Copped mines at FootLocker and met some cool people. I hope everybody that truly wanted them gets their pair!!

EFF FOOT LOCKER!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I'll cliff note my experience.

-In line outside of mall at 8:30am. I'm #9.
-They let us in mall at 9:54am (20 degrees outside).
-Only 4 stores had the shoes (one of them was Kids Foot Locker).
-Everyone bolts to FinishLine. I bounce to FootLocker.
-I'm #1 in line at FootLocker
pimp.gif
(got a lil' ticket indicating I was the first person in line).
-Employee says they have 65 pairs
eek.gif
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

-FootLocker opens at 9:30am.
-I walk in and ask for 2 size 12's.
-They don't have any size 12's at all.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

-I run out of store and get to the other 2 stores in the mall. Both just sold out.
-Hop in the whip and try and bounce across the city to other stores.
-I see a cop and slow down. He hits that U-turn so I floor it. I'm in a 4WD TrailBlazer so I'm trying to find snow covered side streets that he can't speed down. I find one.
-It's a dead end. He ends up pulling me over and asks was I trying to run. Long story short, I was doing 60 in a 35mph. He warns me about speeding and writes me a ticket for my front license plate being in my windshield ($55 dollar ticket w/ no points
pimp.gif
)
-Took him 19min to write ticket
mad.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

-I fly to FootLocker, FootAction, and 2 mom and pop shops. All are sold out.
-I shoot across the city to another mall. All gone.
-I start making calls. Everyone's sold out.
-I called corporate FootLocker and filed a complaint.

All in all, I return home empty handed with a ticket
indifferent.gif
. Stupid dummies at FootLocker either were holding the shoes for someone else or sold the shoes yesterday and kept the boxes to ring up for today. Either way, it was shady and I got BIG time screwed. I am FLAMING mad right now.

Originally Posted by milestailsprowe

Crap day. I had to.depend on my roommate for a ride. I asked him to take me at 9:30 cause stores open at 10. He get up at 10 and leave at 10:30. The shoes were sold out excepte.for.size.15s. he hit me with the oh well just sneakers. I need a car, VA sucks.unless you have one

You shouldve told him that the store opens at 9:00 to get there at 10 lol , what part of va you in ?

Originally Posted by TxSole

Success!!! I got to the mall at 6:00am and about 15 people were there. Easily grew to over 300 by 9:30. Copped mines at FootLocker and met some cool people. I hope everybody that truly wanted them gets their pair!!

Over 300?? where u stay at homey?

I got mine as well. Had to go to 2 Foot Lockers to do it, and here in the northeast, with snow on the ground, it's been hectic driving around slushy roads all morning long...but glad that part of my day is over..

Went to the first FootLocker, my usual spot..and saw some hypebeast and the FTL manager standing around looking at mall goers walk around at 10am. Walked in and asked for 2 pairs..manager tells me he only had one size 11 left which I copped...so the other dude goes and tells me he had a size 11 he just bought for sale and was trying to entice me to cop from him. I just hit him with the
grin.gif
and kept it moving...wanted $200 right off the bat and there was another mall not too far off that I was able to go to..and copped another pair in size 11.5....

There was some demand for these in my area which surprised me actually..especially when I thought some folks wouldn't be looking for these after the XI's dropped last month....didn't really expect that...especially when considering how incredibly easy it was to get the white cement 3's last year around this time. Oh well...got mine....hope everyone gets theirs too. Good Luck~

this dumb !@#% right here
shoes could have turd stains, wrong sizes in boxes, 2 left shoes, etc...

*+%$ da line if im payin my hard earned money to inspect....have some patience 

its sad, they (champs) didnt even let me try on my pair (had to settle for a 10),  and had the audacity to say "we dont do returns"

I tried to get them on eastbay but it timed out last night. Got up this morning and checked for fun and it did put it in my cart so I tried to check out only to be denied sold out! So I went to Arden mall at 5 A.M I called footlocker and champs yesterday to see what time they were going to open. They were going to open at 7 A.M. So I figured that getting there at 5 would be good. When I got there the line was already pretty long I would guess about 150 people. There are 5 stores that could have them footlocker, champs, footaction, shek and shoe palace. So I figured I had a chance. I had talked to a guy at footlocker on Thursday and he said that they get the most pairs of all of the stores. So I took a chance that he would be right and went to footlocker. They were letting only 4 people in the store at a time so there was a big line again waiting to get inside. So now I start to check peoples shoe size in front of me thinking I might bounce to one of the other stores. I ended up staying in that line and I scooped up 2 pairs and got out. When I left there were still people outside waiting to get in I would say about 50 people or so. I'm pretty sure that they will be out of these within the next few hours. If your still looking shoe palace was not opening until 10 and I'm not sure about shek though. So good luck if your still looking on sactown. I had to wear my powder blue OG Xs to get these.

What does the hangtag look like? I picked mine up and I don't have 1 but on the bright side jb put cardboard in the box As a filler instead of having the shoes slide as usual.

Now that's how all releases should be.

Walk into mall a few minutes before release, no line. Go into store, tell them my size. They give me my size and check out. Everyone wins plus I used my winners circle $20 off at finishline so after tax these were like $150 with no hassles, man if only every release was that way.

Oh and btw I didn't get a hangtag either, no worries though the shoes are awesome regardless.

To the dude who was #1 in line and left empty handed... for future reference, you should cop whatever size you can get at this point and resell in order to get the size you needed. Same thing happened to me when I camped out for XI/XII CDP.

this was a mission for me, i hit up Montgomery mall at 7AM went to finish line and champs before they opened. at Finish line I was 2nd in line, they opened and claimed to only have 4 pairs, 1 of each(9-10.5). then champs opened and claimed they only had 2 pairs left( 11-13), then i hit up footlocker where there was a longer line. they opened at 9:30 and claimed to only have 16 pairs, of course i didn't make the cut. so i went to Tyson's corner got there at 10 and copped the last Sz. 11.5 from footlocker, finish line and champs were all sold out here too. i haven't gone a mission like this since the grapes, looks like these stores are back on the "reserve for the Homie" BS.WERE THESE A LIMITED RELEASE????

easy cop:
mall opened at 10am.
showed up at 10:10.
went to Footaction- only had sz 10, 12, 8.5 (I wear a 10.5).
thought about the sz 10 but then the lady called Footlocker for me and asked if they had a 10.5, they did.
went over there, copped..this fat, nasty looking chick copped too and looked at me like 'you getting dem too aint ya?' lol.
went to Lids, copped a Blackhawks Snapback.
29wqpac.jpg

Back
Top Bottom