***Official Air Jordan XX3 Summary Post***

Maybe NT staff should create a new rule...
Other than now allowing members calling others names, members are also not allowed to call shoes with Nicknames..
So, no names for both shoes and members.
wink.gif

^^Those were not the XXIII's Katt was wearing. Those are Team Jordans. Not to mention it was taped in early 2007.

...wow at people getting mad because of some "stupid nickname"
my bad on using nicknames, i guess i haven't been around the shoe hobby for a while and i'm disrespecting the shoe?
smh.gif

but hey your entitled to your own opinion

^ Yeah, but actually he's completely right and justified. Everything he said makes perfect sense. But if you think an argument that follows a simple logicis crazy, then feel free to tell him to get a grip. SMH...

those white/red joints are
eek.gif

but if JB gave us a cool grey with patent leather toe, top 3 Jordan of all time!!!!!!!!!!!!

How limited will the All Star XX3s be for people on the west coast? Like Titaniums XX3s (only 116 pairs on the west coast) Like the Grapes (long line forcouple pairs)? Like the Red Black spizikes( never saw them)? Kingz County Spizikes (sold out before store opened cuz only stocked few sizes)? Jordan III Flips(NTLA and couple footlockers) ? Olive Vs (limited but available online)? DMPs (expensive so were around for a couple weeks at mall)? or Playoff VIII (Saw themeverywhere) ?

Originally Posted by justChillmann

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CAN WE PLEASE STOP CALLING THE WHITE/BLACK/RED XXIII THE 'ALL STARS'??!!?!

PLEASE??

People kept PMing me if I was planning on getting the All Stars and if I had seen the All Stars and 'All Star' this and 'All Star' that, and I just kept replying back that I have not seen the All Stars and that I have no idea what colorway they'll be.

Then I found out that the white/black/red ones are the All Stars.

That... is COMPLETELY... ******ED.

Is someone WEARING them in the All Star game? We don't know. They're definitely not made to MATCH the All Star jerseys, so what the heck, man? "Ska, they RELEASE on All Star weekend."
indifferent.gif

So if any LeBrons/Kobe/Jordans release during the NBA Finals, we should call them the 'Finals Kobe IIIs' or the 'Finals XXIIIs' or the 'Finals LeBron IVs'?!

Or better yet, if any of them release during the Western Conference Finals or the Eastern Conference Finals, we can call them by THAT event. "Hey, son... you get the Eastern Conference Finals LeBron IVs? Joints is hot, man. Don't sleep."

Then your boy can respond back, "Nah, I didn't pick up those Eastern Conference Finals LeBron IVs, because I already told you, I went and got those Western Conference Semifinals Game 4 XXIIIs, and next week I'm getting those Eastern Conference First Round Game 2 Kobes. And I already got the All Star XXIIIs, so I'm broke."

indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
@ the ******ed nicknames you guys slap on stuff

They're the white/black/reds. How hard is that?

"But ska, it's fine to type 'white/black/red', but it's easier to just SAY 'All Stars' when you're talking in person."

No it's not. Watch. Say this: "I would like the All Star XXIIIs."

Now say this: "I would like the white, black, and red XXIIIs."

Not that difficult. And consider that THIS mmost likely will happen in person: "I would like the All Star XXIIIs."
"What are those?"
"You know... the All Stars. The white, black, and red one."

See? You should have said that in the first place.
laugh.gif
get a grip

Who the hell cares what they're called? Seriously...let's focus more on the sneakers themselves rather then what they're called. SMH at dudegetting all worked up over a name...this guy wrote an essay on why you should call them the wht/red/blk's.

Would that make you feel better if we all called them the white, red, and black XXIIIs???

So anyway...who's copping the ALLSTAR XXIIIS?

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

How limited will the All Star XX3s be for people on the west coast? Like Titaniums XX3s (only 116 pairs on the west coast) Like the Grapes (long line for couple pairs)? Like the Red Black spizikes( never saw them)? Kingz County Spizikes (sold out before store opened cuz only stocked few sizes)? Jordan III Flips (NTLA and couple footlockers) ? Olive Vs (limited but available online)? DMPs (expensive so were around for a couple weeks at mall)? or Playoff VIII (Saw them everywhere) ?

Where you live that DMP's were on shelfs for a couple weeks?

Was there ever a high resolution image of that JB members pic? If so, please contact me or post it.

man i was coppin the stealths all the way til i seen some detailed pics of the all stars and saw the patent leather on the toe and the detail on um. definatelygotta switch up now and get those. couldnt stand the mj print at first but the details are immaculate.

What is it about the tunanium 23's that made them worth 230 in stores? I know they were limited, but usually the limited verion of a shoe is like 10dollars more. Anyone wanna explain (sorry if late).

Originally Posted by Chandu69

Who the hell cares what they're called? Seriously...let's focus more on the sneakers themselves rather then what they're called. SMH at dude getting all worked up over a name...this guy wrote an essay on why you should call them the wht/red/blk's.
Would that make you feel better if we all called them the white, red, and black XXIIIs???

I think it's funny that you say 'Who care about the name? It's not that big of a deal' and then you make sure to type what youthink the name should be in huge letters at the end. It's like you just said, "It's not that big of a deal. I don't care what people callthem, as long as they call them the ALLSTAR XXIIIS."

laugh.gif
So hypocritical.

P.S. If you think my response earlier was an essay, I feel sorry for your poor GPA.
frown.gif
And if you call that an essay and your GPA is anything above 1.5, then I feel really sorry for the schools your community is forced to'learn' from.

^^ Same reason they can put a Jumpman on a regular tee shirt and charge $40 for it: Because they can. It's not like any individual pair costs Nike morethan $50 or so to make, but if they keep stock down on a specific colorway, fanboys and the like will pay anything for it because they think some dye andstitching are worth an extra $40 or whatever. I mean, I'm not hating, but that's the serious explanation. If there were no market for this, it wouldonly be 10 bucks extra, but it's the J line, so they probably could charge 300 for an individual pair and cats would be on here rationalizing the worth.

so the wht/red/blks are gonna be the ones in the AS game? because for the xx2 thy had a special make up

It's 230 is because they're running with the whole 23 theme...23 = Jordan #, 23 stores, top 23 accounts, 23 pairs, 23 days before MJ's bday...$230.

Who the hell cares what they're called? Seriously...let's focus more on the sneakers themselves rather then what they're called. SMH at dude getting all worked up over a name...this guy wrote an essay on why you should call them the wht/red/blk's.

I think it's funny that you say 'Who care about the name? It's not that big of a deal' and then you make sure to type what you think the name should be in huge letters at the end. It's like you just said, "It's not that big of a deal. I don't care what people call them, as long as they call them the ALLSTAR XXIIIS."

laugh.gif
So hypocritical.

P.S. If you think my response earlier was an essay, I feel sorry for your poor GPA.
frown.gif
And if you call that an essay and your GPA is anything above 1.5, then I feel really sorry for the schools your community is forced to 'learn' from.

I actually didn't call them the allstar XXIIIs because that's what I want them called...I did it to piss you off, because it was obvious that youhad strong feelings on the subject...
laugh.gif
. I would just as easily call themthe wht/red/blk XXIIIs to someone who was insistent on calling them the playoffs (although I doubt anyone is as passionate about it as you are
roll.gif
).
And I'm sorry you can't grasp the concepts of sarcasm or exaggeration if you thought i literally meant you wrote an ESSAY. My point was thatyou put way too much thought into that post which goes back to my point about you being so ardent about this whole subject.

But if it really makes you feel better...if it completes your life...because I wouldn't want to disrespect such an og collector as yourself...I'll goahead and call them the....
WHITE, RED, AND BLACK NIKE AIR JORDAN TWENTY THREES
..(formerly known as the allstars).

Happy?

I think it's funny that you say 'Who care about the name? It's not that big of a deal' and then you make sure to type what you think the name should be in huge letters at the end. It's like you just said, "It's not that big of a deal. I don't care what people call them, as long as they call them the ALLSTAR XXIIIS."

laugh.gif
So hypocritical.

frown.gif
And if you call that an essay and your GPA is anything above 1.5, then I feel really sorry for the schools your community is forced to 'learn' from.

I actually didn't call them the allstar XXIIIs because that's what I want them called...I did it to piss you off, because it was obvious that you had strong feelings on the subject...
laugh.gif
. I would just as easily call them the wht/red/blk XXIIIs to someone who was insistent on calling them the playoffs (although I doubt anyone is as passionate about it as you are
roll.gif
).
And I'm sorry you can't grasp the concepts of sarcasm or exaggeration if you thought i literally meant you wrote an ESSAY. My point was that you put way too much thought into that post which goes back to my point about you being so ardent about this whole subject.

But if it really makes you feel better...if it completes your life...because I wouldn't want to disrespect such an og collector as yourself...I'll go ahead and call them the....

Happy?
Is it really that serious?
smh.gif

^ Apparently it is. Son's being very serious in trying to tell me it's not that serious.
laugh.gif

I just find that amusing.
Chandu69:
I actually didn't call them the allstar XXIIIs because that's what I want them called...I did it to piss you off, because it was obvious that you had strong feelings on the subject...
laugh.gif
. I would just as easily call them the wht/red/blk XXIIIs to someone who was insistent on calling them the playoffs (although I doubt anyone is as passionate about it as you are
roll.gif
).
And I'm sorry you can't grasp the concepts of sarcasm or exaggeration if you thought i literally meant you wrote an ESSAY. My point was that you put way too much thought into that post which goes back to my point about you being so ardent about this whole subject.

But if it really makes you feel better...if it completes your life...because I wouldn't want to disrespect such an og collector as yourself...I'll go ahead and call them the....

Happy?

Bro, you did it to piss me off? You can't piss me off, because I don't know you. This is the internet, guy.
laugh.gif
You think that would piss me off, like I'd be fuming mad because you put afew words in big, bold letters on the internet?
roll.gif

Wrong.

And you think that I have 'strong' feelings on this subject?

Wrong again.

I simply threw out my opinion... in the form of a message... on a message board.
nerd.gif
I don't see how that's 'strong feelings', because in the end, it's still just another message on a message board.

I put way too much thought into it? Well how 'bout this: you've put just as much thought into responding to me as I have about the ******ed 'AllStars' name.
wink.gif

Lastly, when did I ever say I was it was disrespectful to me that people were calling these 'All Stars'? You're over there like 'O.K., Idon't want to disrespect an OG collector like yourself, so I'll call them white/black/red XXIIIs', but I never said anything about it beingdisrespectful.

Wrong again.
laugh.gif

And THAT'S why we tell people to argue with ideas, not people.
wink.gif

Originally Posted by bklyn style baby

laugh.gif
So hypocritical.

frown.gif

laugh.gif
roll.gif
).

Happy?
Is it really that serious?
smh.gif
who cares what people call them. when it comes down to it, they are only shoes. lets move it on. any one know if they're gona pull that stupid"register your shoe" crap. and till this date i still dont know what the xxi's secret code meant.........
indifferent.gif

Ska, as much as I love most of your posts, thisparticular argument is out of line by a mile.

--You are the first one that brought it up, so up until that point, it wasn't serious to anyone else

--Unlike campy, horrid nicknames we've seen over the years the years that have been created by users on here (Raptor VIIs, Bred anything, Frenchies...),the term "All Star Colorway" has an actual, founded meaning that NT users simply adopted from the sources we've been provided. So instead ofgetting mad at them, go back and read kixandthecity's explanation all the way back from page 1 on the reasons behind the name, which I strongly believe theterm was probaly used at the XX3 unveiling event by actual JB people. NT users are not to blame for your frustration.

Continuing our coverage of the Air Jordan XX3 Press Conference, we take a close look at the Limited All-Star White/Black/Red "All-Star" colorway of the Air Jordan XX3. During the Air Jordan XX3 Press Conference Tinker Hatfield spoke on Michael Jordan's involvement within the design process of the XX3. Tinker noted that although Michael does not spend as much physical time with Tinker as he used to, MJ's experience, knowledge, and wisdom have grown exponentially over the years and the time that he does spend with Tinker is much more poignant. With this being said, Tinker explained that Michael Jordan spent the most time with White/Black/Red colorway of the Air Jordan XX3 and that the color blocking and color choice were Michael's.

The White/Black/Red Air Jordan XX3 features the most obvious "MJ" initial print with its Black M, Red J stitching on the side. This upper panel sits on a Black TPU midsole and a Grey Thumbprint outsole. The toebox and tongue feature White Patent Leather, and the toe cap, features a Red hit with Michael Jordan's signature.

Like the [
"Titanium Blue" Air Jordan XX3], the White/Black/Red "All-Star" Air Jordan XX3 is considered a pre-release of the Air Jordan XX3, with the Black/Red Air Jordan XX3 being the actual full release. As such, the White/Black/Red Air Jordan XX3 will be a limited release coinciding with the NBA All-Star Game in New Orleans.

^ #1- You didn't read everything going into the discussion before posting. I never said I didn't understand where the nickname came from. Matter offact, I clearly stated in my very first post on the matter that I am fully cognizant of the name's origin. I understand that the name is coming from therelease date. But if a new Kobe III colorway released during the NBA Finals, we would not call them the 'Finals Kobe IIIs'. I already said this.

#2- No, the name is not coming from any sources; it was made up. Even in the quote you posted, NOWHERE does it mention 'All Star XXIIIs'. It mentions awhite/black/red pair. That's it. *edit* Actually, I apologize for saying that, SkyLarkster, because they dorefer to 'the All Star colorway' in the quote you provided. My fault for passing over that. And that's all the sources ever did. I read this placeplenty, and I have never read a source call them All Star XXIIIs; that's something you guys made up.

#3- Mad? Frustration?
laugh.gif
Why the heck do you guys keep insisting that you know someoneis mad simply because they type words onto a message board? I'm as mad at this as I am about there being too many stars in the sky. It's JUSTdiscussion, folks. Stop thinking you know the emotions behind the words.
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom