OFFICIAL: Air Trainer 1 Mid Premium aka "Chlorophylls"... paging Wallyhop....

no official pics yet & a month away? huh
hope it will be like the SCII QS' in terms of availability after release
man i was thinking the same thing. I hope the availability will be like the sc trainer ii. Those were like one of the easiest and best shoes to cop this year.

2012-chlorophyll-air-trainer-4.jpg

They don't look premium at all, probably the same quality as the last batch of overseas release

Last edited:
Largest appeal is the tongue, a true ode to the very first production model... Other than that, I've been through this mess before. I bought the 2002s, 2008s, and 2009s, and never wore them. The 2000s just had too much comfort... I've been saying for years. I would rather wear some off brand crap than to disrespect my own feet with what looks like mediocre quality on my favorite model-c/w combo ever.... My eyes may deceive me, but it just looks too similar to the recent releases for me to show any signs of optimism

http://www.mita-sneakers.co.jp/items/317553-100.html#7

Is that glue stains?? Premium LIMITED EDITION and $20 more in MSRP?

AN ABSOLUTE JOKE.

OP, you could actutally take my name off the first post. I don't want to be associated with this crap lol. I love the model and have been a big advocate for years. But this is too much.. Living in a small town USA, I have never been able to try on a pair of shoes I wanted in store, before a purchase.. Online only..... And to add to that.. I have come into contact with far too many people who are now in their 40s who would drop some money on these. But living in the same town as myself, and explaining the whole limited edition BS, it just comes full circle as a major disappointment from almost every angle you look at.

I could rant on further but it's not worth the energy

Last edited:
Stiff-pleather-boat-lookin-piece of sh*t..These were the only ones i was lookin forward to from Nike this year ..how naive..Reebok and Adidas have some nice stuff comin out next year thou..

I'm probably in the minority here, but I'll be purchasing regardless. I didn't expect great quality to begin with. I hoped for it, but truly didn't expect it.

I just love the colorway and never was able to get a pair previously, so these will have to suffice. It sucks that Nike appears to have dropped the ball again, but these are high enough on the grail list that I'll take a pair or two at retail.

What can I say? They've got me by the balls.

Oh man... looks like the 2008 Asian-release ones, but with a cooler tongue. 
eyes.gif

Those, by the way, ran 1/2-to-1 whole size small.

Despite my lackluster attitude, I don't blame a soul for getting these. For years the only option was pairs on ebay that were being sold for $180- $250.. So $130 shipped seems like a deal. I guess I had my 6-7 years of fun with my 2000s and can move onto other models or shoes. Like someone said a few pages back, the air maxim 1 trainers (which had a great shade of green) will be what I consider current era at1s...

Then again, $180 has always been very high for what I consider very lackluster in quality. I had a chance to buy these at $90 for a 2009 release, did so, and didn't feel they were worth that amount. So for years this limited run of chlorophylls has spiked up the price with no true return on the product you are buying.

Sizing is tricky as hell too... The stiff era of the chlorophylls have all ran 1/2 to a full size small. Other colorways that released between chlorophyll releases were sized more TTS... Another reason why it is so great to be able to try stuff on.

I see this release having the same small impact as the 2008/2009. It doesn't really carve out any name for itself. It just comes and goes.

Wally, I'm the Maxim guy. Wear mine damn near daily.

I'll take a pair of these but won't OD by buying more than that. I gotta see if it's that's shiny leather or not first :lol:. Even if it is, I still just want a pair to wear.

Wally, mind breaking down what you mean about the tongue? After all these years, I'm still curious to learn the nuances of each model the same way you seem to pick them up so quickly.

Johngotty, The very first release, with production date 870103, had an exposed stitched tongue, similar to the Air 180 runner. http://www.arkamix.com/vintage-nike/cross-training/nike-air-trainer-hi-1987

For whatever reason, this disappeared in every single subsequent release.. The 870911 features that seamless folded under look, as well as the early 1988, the late 1990, mid 1993, late 2000, 2008, and both 2009s.. So this small little tongue feature is making a comeback of sorts.

What would have been surreal would have been to see the salesman/promotion sample, which featured the separated toe piece
1987%20at01.JPG

So initially through some very early advertisments, as well as catalogs, we all saw the above model... Then Nike switched that look up entirely sans the folded tongue, and then later on went with the folded look... So you could say there was really 3 air trainer high models floating around all around the same time... The separated toe piece made its first arrival with the air trainer 1 FT and zoom trainer 1 mid in 2004-05.. That is pretty much where the pinnacle of the cross training line has been, and likely will never surpass.

Don't care about the quality, at MINIMUM, 3 pairs will be copped.

Agreed. I am

I will wear em for Tennis, paddle tennis, basketball, coaching everything, in my sleep, and wherever else possible. If they are even a 6/7-10 probably 4 pair. I know I am a sucker, but this is probably in my top 3 without question.

I'm going to hold off judgement until more pics surface. You can't really tell material quality from these pictures alone. I still remember people saying the safari trainers looked like they had cheap plastic leather when the pictures first surfaces, and that turned out not to be the case.

I can feel the disgust in Wally's post, but..... :smh: I gotta have em, bro.

Cheap quality retros is Nike's new business model, they know these kids don't know half of anything about the shoes they're lining up for. If its like that though, It might by time to step away for a while.

Personally, I have hope. Maybe if these sell well they'll do a SB chlorophyll with better materials.

Last edited:
Wally have you ever considered learning how to soleswap? It's not that hard to do and it pays off ten fold. no longer will you have to worry about dealing with crappy re-releases. im currently working on a pair of 1990 fire red Vs. the quality is so much better than what will come out next year its not even funny.

Yup, gonna get these too. I agree with everyone talking about 2+pairs. I missed them last time, but won't this time.

yeah i must say instant cop for me and im really loving the tongue, diffrent from all the other retros..im over due for another pair and these are a must....

I'll buy a pair, 2 if I can get a second pair easily and without having to do any real work or on sale.

I believe I have found a few more photos for you guys:
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/atmos-tokyo/317553-100/
http://item.rakuten.co.jp/undefeated/317553-100/

The black material is familiar looking. I believe the 2002/2008 releases had a shininess/sheen to the black material. Here it looks a bit like a tumbled material. I won't call it leather just yet.. Can anyone else pinpoint what is shown here. Can anyone get out their 2008/2009 pair and compare? It doesn't appear identical to the tr 1.2 http://store.kix-files.com/nike-trainer-1-2-mid-chlorophyll/ so I'm still open to being wrong here...

I don't mind being wrong and I'll flip flop if they turn out good. I just wish I had time. I would go all in with this, if done right. ( I stock piled upwards of 10 2000 chlorophylls. So a proper retro could and would be shown the same respect.) We shall see...

sthebest, I have thought about sole swaps. Here for the at1 though, you are dealing with some stitching on the front toe area. So that would likely bring costs up a bit if taken to a shoe shop. It just doesn't seem worth it to buy a pair here for $130, tear it apart, then pay someone $50 to sole swap.

dtb00201, The Originals from 87 all the way through to the 2000s had suede as the grey material.. The type with a very thin nap that is brushable..

AIR%2BTRAINER%2B1_18.JPG

Unless they're limited, they're going to sit. Not sure why they raised the prices, they're not getting above $90 from me.

Back
Top Bottom