*** Official Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Braves @ Dodgers 8/6-8/9 ***

Stringer Javy Pitching today he's been good a real strikeout machine
pimp.gif

Weird looking Braves with the Blue Jerseys and the Red cap.

Diory Hernandez plays a good defensive SS.

Braves split a 4 game series vs the Diamondbacks should've won 3.

Next series 6/2-6-4 Cubs @ Braves

props to Kris Medlen getting his first win.
smokin.gif

Kotchman could miss a few games with a shin contusion. Prado will likely start in place.

There's even a possibility that Glavine might come back during the Braves 10-game homestand. It just depends on his rehab start Tuesday.

Sources: Braves release future Hall lock Glavine

According to major-league sources, the Braves released Glavine on Wednesday, just a day after the two-time Cy Young Award winner threw six scoreless innings in his latest rehab start. Glavine was to be paid $1 million for his first day on the active roster, $1.25 million for 30 days on the roster and another $1.25 million for 90 days on the roster, bringing the total possible value of the deal to $4.5 million.

The Braves told Glavine that he was being released because his velocity is down, one source said. However, Glavine was throwing only 76-78 miles per hour in spring training and in recent starts had increased that to 83-86 miles per hour. "I don't know what else I can do," Glavine said after Tuesday night's game, according to the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. "Physically I felt good and I feel like I'm ready.

"I'd love to get to Atlanta and help the team. I'll go (to Turner Field) tomorrow and prepare to pitch on Sunday, wherever that is." Glavine, who returned to Atlanta on a one-year deal, underwent minor elbow and shoulder surgeries during the offseason. He did not appear in a single game for the Braves this season.

Maybe this means we will get to see Tommy Hanson in the near future.

Braves acquired Nate McLouth for Jeff Locke, Charlie Morton, and Gorkys Hernandez.

Charlie Morton didn't do well last year with the Braves except for 1 or 2 starts, Gorkys is considered to be just a speedy outfielder with no power, and ihaven't seen Jeff Locke pitch.

McLouth adds a good bat and defense something Braves needed because Schafer was struggling was sent to minors, and called up Gregor Blanco which is similar towhat Schafer was doing.

Also Tommy Hanson
pimp.gif
will be making his Major League Debut this Saturday as he takes on the Brewers.

Sorry to hear about the way Braves dealt with Glavine, but he was supposed to make 1 Million for just being added to the roster another 1.5 million for howmany days he would be on the roster so the organization believed it wasn't worth the money.

Sunday 6/7 Brewers @ Braves 1pm

Tommy Hanson Major League Debut
pimp.gif

23if240.jpg

Hanson got the stuff to be very good
pimp.gif

Today was a good win Javy Vazquez pitched a good game good thing he won because he has been getting no run support as most of the SP.

Next Series Yankees @ Braves 6/23-6/25

Game 1: 6/23 7pm

Chien-Ming Wang vs. Tommy Hanson

20jfcxf.jpg
vs
34oodc2.jpg

Braves need to win because all Yankee fans know that they have struggled against Starting Pitchers they have never seen before so Hanson and Kawakami are goingto pitch back to back.

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

The Silent Assassin blanking the Cubs

pimp.gif

He has been really good for us although his record doesn't indicate it he's been given some hard luck losses otherwise he is a strikeout machine
pimp.gif
with a 3.18 ERA

Braves sweep the defending WS champs....
pimp.gif

They head up to DC against the Nats for the 4th of July weekend

Kawakami returns from injury to face Ross Detweiler Friday.

Sup Guys, longtime Braves fan but I never post in here. I went to all three games vs. the Phils this week, what a series! Here's some pics:

Hanson signing a ball for me before the game

Chipper vs. Hamels

Hamels pitching after Jurrjens singled off him in game two

Hamels in BP

Escobar next to Rollins after an RBI double

My pickup:

^ Nice it was a great series and a sweep was perfect. I also got a Tommy Hanson autograph
smile.gif

Up next Braves @ Nationals 7/3-7/5

Game 1: Kawakami vs Detwiler
Game 2: Hanson vs Lannan
Game 3: Lowe vs Olsen

Braves in 4th place with only 2 games behind Phillies/Marlins (leaders)

Back
Top Bottom