*** Official Atlanta Braves Season Thread: Braves @ Dodgers 8/6-8/9 ***

Brian McCann is the lone All Star this year for the Braves even though Vazquez, Jair, Soriano have been pitching great this year their records were thereasons, but either way congrats to McCann
pimp.gif

Javier Vazquez pitched great today only 1 ER finally got a well deserved Win
pimp.gif

Braves @ Cubs 7/8 2:20 pm EST

Kawakami vs Hart

Javy getting it done AGAIN

I told you all he was going to be a workhorse and strikeout machine

I don't care what his record is going to be at the end of the season but Javy Vazquez will always give you 200 IP+ and 200 strikeouts

pimp.gif

^ Javy Vazquez is a beast very much appreciated
smile.gif

Braves won 2 out of 3 games vs Cubs
pimp.gif

We need to, at worse, split these next four games at Colorado.

But winning three of four before the break would be ideal.

Hanson gets his first taste of the thin air in Colorado tomorrow night.

Derek Lowe pitched a good game only 1 ER much better than his previous starts where he was getting roughed up.

Tomorrow Jair Jurrjens vs Jason Marquis

i've always liked Jeff Francoeur the best out of the baby Braves that came up in 2005 he will be missed. Although he was struggling this year again it wastime for a change of scenery the only thing is that i don't like Ryan Church he will be just a one year thing and they are opening a spot in RF for JasonHeyward when he is ready to come up the the majors.

Church should stick around, hes still in arbitration. I too liked Frenchy the best, and was always hoping he'd turn it around...of course I don't hopethat anymore.

thank god Lowe ended his month long drought.

I actually enjoyed watching Frenchy though. Once he started swing at almost every ball at the plate, that pretty much killed his confidence. Good luck to himas a Met though.

Next Series: Mets @ Braves 7/16-7/19

Oliver Perez vs Derek Lowe

The Braves will be retiring Greg Maddux's number 31 and he will be inducted into the Braves Hall of Fame this friday.

Frenchy returns

Good win tonight Javy was great again Esco was clutch 4-5 only needed a triple to hit for the cycle.

Braves won 3/4 against the mets

next series Giants at Braves and the Giants are 1st in the wildcard good time to catch up in the standings.

Braves win 11-3
pimp.gif

Hanson sets a Braves rookie record with 11 strikeouts tonight. Ryan Church delivered a two-shot blast to support Hanson's fifth win tonight.

Yunel has been on fire lately and received NL player of the week.

Jason Heyward AA numbers so far in 45 at-bats - 378. BA, .463 OBP, . 667 SLG, 1 HR, 10 RBI, 7 BB, and only 2 SO.

Great win last night Hanson was throwing heat had 11 K's and he was lucky that Bobby let him finish that 7th inning because he wouldn't have gotten thewin but he did he is now 5-0
pimp.gif

Today Derek Lowe vs Ryan Sadowski

30jlohi.jpg
2mzzf9t.jpg

Very good win in the Derek Lowe game the defense was superb that Escobar jump play was very nice along with the bare handed play and his clutch at bats.

Jair Jurrjens was excellent out performed the freak Tim Lincecum.

Escobar again with the bat he's on fire
pimp.gif

Thursday: 1pm game

Barry Zito vs Kenshin Kawakami

Gonzo took a line drive off of Nate S.

Kelly Johnson is back got recalled and sent Brooks Conrad to AAA.

5-1 game into the 8th

Nate McLouth has been struggling lately but today he was on point and Javy wasn't his best tonight but still got the win good for him.

Tomorrow: 7 pm Tommy Hanson vs Yovani Gallardo

mtny1h.jpg
ridmiw.jpg

Garrett Anderson with the Homer
pimp.gif
to give the Braves the lead 9th inning

...and they lose it in the 9th by walk off 2 run Homerun
tired.gif

Wow @ tonights game... SMH

Escobar is ON FIRE.. he's batting like 17/36 since all star break.. .480 average or something.. highest average since the break

Honestly w/ the this starting rotation, the braves may just pull away and win the east.. Hanson, Vasquez, Jurr, Hudsons back, Lowe...
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
and the offense has picked up significantly...

the bullpen tho... same ole story
tired.gif

Mike Gonzalez, Peter Moylan, Soriano...
indifferent.gif

Rotation is def fine....but .the bullpen...same ole same ole. This is the reason why many potential wins have been lost due to this unit.
smh.gif

Kawakami could possibly move into the bullpen when Hudson returns in August.

I'm hoping for a least a great run to get into the postseason...at least the offense is getting back on track.

Back
Top Bottom