Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

Lakers team store has mpls jerseys for preorder and the Lonzo's are sold out already. Will nba store get them? Frick :frown:

I usually don't buy Swingmans ever but I can justify this one since the MPLS is single layered. Aesthetically won't seem much different than the Authentic which I assume they will never release.

Can't wait for mine to come.

Just got my LeBron form the Cavs team shop. Firstly, on initial impressions, i'm already missing adidas like crazy but here's a review for anyone that cares.

LeBron.png

Jersey Material:
The new aeroswift material is nice and thin and it feels great when you put it on. Nike has taken cues from adidas and done similar body mapping points theoughout. It is at these points where they actually use "mesh" as it varies from more open holes to smaller tighter holes cut into the material. This is however the opposite to the Rev30's which was open mesh almost all over and then just flat CLIMACOOL lines that contour in certain areas. Nike uses larger open mesh for a large part of the back of the jersey, then uses the smaller tighter mesh around the chest on the front.

Numbers, Wordmarks & Logos:
The Numbers are obviously a huge change this year and while Nike opted to go back to the use of twill numbers, they have managed to find a very thin and soft version than past iterations of jerseys. Nike have even tried to spin their own version of breathability in the numbers with the use of small perforations which acts as more of an aesthetic feature than performance. The wordmarks are only slightly thicker (at least for this jersey particularly) minus the perforations and once again is stitched onto the chest. Most likely the biggest change this year is the logo's and Nike's implementation of using a heat pressed 'rubbery-like' plastic on the Nike branding on the shoulder and NBA logoman on the back of the neck - something that was trialed by adidas only to quickly go back to the traditional stitched NBA logo.

Fit & Length:
So far I've only seen the authentic range in normal sizing of 40-56 without any noted length and when laying this 48 (Large) over an adidas XL+2 and I actually think its the same in width but it definitely doesn't have the +2 in Length which may only be obtainable when pro-cuts circulate or you buy game-worn/game-issued jerseys. I know others have said that Nike has labeled these jerseys as a full size down but I don't think thats correct and it should reflect the original numerical sizing 44(L), 48(XL) etc.

Jersey Cut & Stitching:
The new jerseys introduce a new cut seen toward the back of the shoulders with what Nike deems is to promote the range of motion for players, which is a cool and new design but sort of steps away from that "traditional" look that we all know. While its not a deal breaker by any means if you're in that crowd then its your call. Stitching was a huge let down in my opinion when it came to adidas' authentic range (with a bunch of other issues on top of that). Nike however have gained huge points in this department by taking the time to use a clean kiss-cut stitching that mirrors exactly what the players receive, which may seem minor to most but goes a long way in the jerseys overall comfort. With that said, one thing that adidas did well was their use of detailed team wordmarks, while they were on the thicker side, they were heat-pressed which allowed for a more comfortable wear to the point where you wouldn't get that itchy chest feel that a stitched wordmark would.

Aeroswift vs. Revolution 30:
I am by no means an adidas "D-rider" or have some personal vendetta against Nike, but over the last few years it seems that when it comes to innovation in the basketball department adidas has done things that looking back are leaps and bounds ahead of jerseys in the past. I have said many times in this thread that the Revolution 30 is (in my opinion) the greatest use of tech in a basketball uniform to date. Receiving Nike's new jersey has only reinforced this opinion as I look at side-by-side and can't help but feel like I've been got for $200+. When I look at the 2 jerseys from a consumer standpoint, I feel like the Nike jerseys are made for a one time wear and thats it. How long until those rubbery heat-pressed logos start to peel and crack and forget about the numbers staying pristine and flat after your first wear. Besides that the materials look cheap, plain and simple, and I almost echo what I think others have said that what Nike is pushing as "Authentic" is really just a glorified swingman at the end of the day.

air jsarg air jsarg thanks for your input. I always believed Adidas innovation is >> than Nike. Also, take a look at their soccer line of jerseys. The quality is far superior and lighter than any other brands out there.

Just got my LeBron form the Cavs team shop. Firstly, on initial impressions, i'm already missing adidas like crazy but here's a review for anyone that cares.

LeBron.png

I agree for the most part. I said the same thing in regards to the jerseys fitting a little more true to size, and that a size up/down isnt totally recommended. Not for me at least. I was a 48 in champion and old nike, and these feel just a touch slimmer fitting in a 48. The 52 feels like im swimming

Although i do like the material and feel, it has made me appreciate the rev30 that much more. It was such a different take on how basketball jerseys were constructed. I think the rev30 will go down as the best build for a basketball jersey when its all said and done.

One thing I think I appreciate more now than ever was that adidas could implement their new technology without changing the jersey's overall look, that was never more evident in the Hardwood Classics.

It was amazing that they could get it so close to the original and yet it still used entirely new materials and technology.

One thing I think I appreciate more now than ever was that adidas could implement their new technology without changing the jersey's overall look, that was never more evident in the Hardwood Classics.

do-you-even-lift.png

I Strongly Disagree.

Adidas Sucked So Bad at making Hardwood Classic Jerseys

Just Look at this Crap:

thumb.aspx

They're talking about the current jerseys, not remakes. Stuff like this:
WASHINGTON-WIZARDS-AT-LOS-ANGELES-LAKERS_LI.jpg

It's maybe my only gripe on the Nike jerseys. The Swingmans look soooo much better, design wise, since they have the trim completely around the armholes.

Nike could go back to using the Dri Fit material of the early 2000s and it would work out fine. Other than some random snags, they held up pretty well and were relatively light and comfortable.

These guys just came in today. Love em, but now i just don't know how i feel about nike jerseys in general...

IMG_5718.JPG
IMG_5722.JPG
IMG_5720.JPG
IMG_5721.JPG
IMG_5724.JPG
IMG_5727.JPG
IMG_5725.JPG

IMG_5726.JPG

Feel free to ask as many questions as you want. They are both sz 48s. MUCH Tighter than the 52. Like a full inch on each side is what gets you a 52. For me, the 48 is a tad pinched while im swimming in the 52. Garbage.

I dont know if you can tell from my pics, but the wordmark on the rockets jersey is a red stitched on aeroswift base with the actual grey and white lettering heatpressed on top. The grey and white part are one layer. The grey and white is not a twill, but the same rubbery material as the heatpressed swoosh. Very swingman-like. The lettering on the thunder jersey are the more traditional twill we are used to. Not too impressed with the rockets jersey, not to mention they ****ed up on the stitching on the front '1' a little bit. What a ****ing hassle to have to return.

Here is a 48 on top of a 52.

IMG_5723.JPG

Last edited:
Wow that 48 and 52 is a huge difference! I ordered a 52 in the Lebron and it fits fine. I was hoping it to be a little looser though since I sometimes where them with shirts under. Contemplating about getting a 56 but the sound of that number makes it sound huge to me. Haha

Need that MPLS Lonzo jersey ASAP.

Swingman/Authentic don’t matter.

Jersey is straight flames.

bucks rocking the throwbacks tonight :pimp: wish i could track down a giannis jersey

jsumadchat1 jsumadchat1 thanks for sharing with us photos and infos
where wid u get them?
just wondering what is the clue? which jerseys are with +2 length and which without

I ordered all 3 of mine off nike.ca.

All of these came in + 2 length. I think thats probably the generic length they are made with. As for clue? All of them come with a tag on the jocktag revealing the added length.

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom