Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

I don't own any Nike jerseys but base on what I read, the champion fits slimmer than the Nike and the quality on the champion is slightly better...folks who owns Nike authentics wanna chime in?

I have never owned a Champion jersey, but I have a Nike Rookie Jordan, its great, but fits a little slim.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331591289493?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

this clown thinks just because its in Lamarcus' game worn size that its a game worn hahaha
i am the "Clown" u are refering to 

Just wondering, where did you see i say or i use the word "worn" or "used'?

i could post our conversation up here if u want. 

I do have some MGG Game worn, do you honestly think that i dont have the knowledge to distinguish the Game Worn and the Game Issued/Pro Cut Jersey?

Last edited:
4501678-shots.gif

i am the "Clown" u are refering to 

Just wondering, where did you see i say or i use the word "worn" or "used'?

i could post our conversation up here if u want. 

I do have some MGG Game worn, do you honestly think that i dont have the knowledge to distinguish the Game Worn and the Game Issued/Pro Cut Jersey?
Well just to be straight up, not trying to pick a fight cause im not going to get in to it on a forum:

Its ridiculous to think just because its in his size and it has mesh numbers that it was issued to LA. I have a D rose authentic in his size; does that mean it was issued to him for a game? Hardly any jerseys were single tagged during 2010 season. And this jersey came out way after that anyway. So, Just to summarize, not trying to pick a fight but the idea that its GI just because its in his size is ridiculous and absurd. Never said you thought it was game worn, if i did, my mistake, meant to say GI

Well just to be straight up, not trying to pick a fight cause im not going to get in to it on a forum:

Its ridiculous to think just because its in his size and it has mesh numbers that it was issued to LA. I have a D rose authentic in his size; does that mean it was issued to him for a game? Hardly any jerseys were single tagged during 2010 season. And this jersey came out way after that anyway. So, Just to summarize, not trying to pick a fight but the idea that its GI just because its in his size is ridiculous and absurd. Never said you thought it was game worn, if i did, my mistake, meant to say GI
So tell us how it's issued or a procut..:
Ok. it is always nice to have discussion on this. So, maybe i will just start with the background info.

Basically we have a jersey level like below:

Game-Used (GU)

Game-Issued (GI) 

Pro-cut (PC)

Authentic (AU)

So the argument here is about the definition of GI, can those single tagged jersey be classified as GI or PC?

First of all, i would personally classify PC as the retail jersey that they made available to the public at the player size

In that batch of jersey, there is only 1 size, with the limited edition tag in the bottom left hand corner. (for kobe, the quantity is 500 per color)

So this is consistent with the Nike Practice back to the 2000, when the Nike made some player sized jersey and sell to the public. (2000-2002 Size 46 for kobe , 03-04 50+4)

So PC is done. Lets move on to the Single-Tagged Jersey.

In the message i sent to SpursNick, I have pointed out the following :

My single tagged jersey processes the game jersey characteristic:-

1. Meshed 

2. Player Sized

3. Game-Worn Style Stitched 

For 3, i will explain a little bit. Lets look at this photo:

They are the Kobe Hollywood jersey. You can see, the stitching of the bottom one is horrible. It is the retail authentic from the LakersStore.com. And the upper one is the Single Tagged Jersey, with a clean stitching. 

Now look at this photo.

The upper one is the Lillard Rip City Single Tagged Jersey

The bottom one is Aldridge MeiGray Game Worn Double Tagged Jersey

So you can see, basically the Single Tagged jersey is of a higher specification, similar to the actual Worn one.

The only difference is that the Single Tagged jersey lacks the little square number tag.

On the other hand, 

There are evidences showing that Single Tagged Jersey is also being worn/getting into the locker room

Subject to the above factors (specification + player may wear single tagged jersey in games), i would classify the single tagged jersey as game jersey.

Of course, if the jersey is double tagged with the little square batch, it will definitely be more valuable. 

In short, the hierarchy is like this:

Game Worn

Game Issued- Double Tagged

Game Issued- Single Tagged

PC

AU

Of course you can disagree with it. and you can call it whatever u like.

As the definition of different level of jersey is always not that clear.

i never knew single tagged jerseys made it to locker rooms/ games. i thought they all had serial numbers.

Ok. it is always nice to have discussion on this. So, maybe i will just start with the background info.

Basically we have a jersey level like below:

Game-Used (GU)

Game-Issued (GI) 

Pro-cut (PC)

Authentic (AU)

So the argument here is about the definition of GI, can those single tagged jersey be classified as GI or PC?

First of all, i would personally classify PC as the retail jersey that they made available to the public at the player size

In that batch of jersey, there is only 1 size, with the limited edition tag in the bottom left hand corner. (for kobe, the quantity is 500 per color)

So this is consistent with the Nike Practice back to the 2000, when the Nike made some player sized jersey and sell to the public. (2000-2002 Size 46 for kobe , 03-04 50+4)

So PC is done. Lets move on to the Single-Tagged Jersey.

In the message i sent to SpursNick, I have pointed out the following :

My single tagged jersey processes the game jersey characteristic:-

1. Meshed 

2. Player Sized

3. Game-Worn Style Stitched 

For 3, i will explain a little bit. Lets look at this photo:

They are the Kobe Hollywood jersey. You can see, the stitching of the bottom one is horrible. It is the retail authentic from the LakersStore.com. And the upper one is the Single Tagged Jersey, with a clean stitching. 

Now look at this photo.

The upper one is the Lillard Rip City Single Tagged Jersey

The bottom one is Aldridge MeiGray Game Worn Double Tagged Jersey

So you can see, basically the Single Tagged jersey is of a higher specification, similar to the actual Worn one.

The only difference is that the Single Tagged jersey lacks the little square number tag.

On the other hand, 

There are evidences showing that Single Tagged Jersey is also being worn/getting into the locker room

Subject to the above factors (specification + player may wear single tagged jersey in games), i would classify the single tagged jersey as game jersey.

Of course, if the jersey is double tagged with the little square batch, it will definitely be more valuable. 

In short, the hierarchy is like this:

Game Worn

Game Issued- Double Tagged

Game Issued- Single Tagged

PC

AU

Of course you can disagree with it. and you can call it whatever u like.

As the definition of different level of jersey is always not that clear.
OK! I have seen the proof and I'm man enough to admit it: you were right, i was wrong. Sorry

hey he went the right way about speaking up for himself.

he got called out and responded with truth and facts.

nobody will refute you after that

Shows that we can keep it civil in the jersey thread, go to some other threads, its not like that.

AND

he dropped knowledge

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom