Official AUTHENTIC NBA JERSEY Post - Bringin Back the JERSEY ERA... (Info/Guide = Page 1)

When yall rock yall jerseys in hot weather, do yall rock them sleeveless, or rock a t-shirt underneath?

Originally Posted by Steve212

When yall rock yall jerseys in hot weather, do yall rock them sleeveless, or rock a t-shirt underneath?
I definitely do it sleeveless. Looks corny to rock with a tee shirt under. Then again I only rock mine if it's extremely hot not for fashion purposes. To ball in is a different story though

a real jersey, same as the pro's wear.you can tell by the tags. it usually has a length + 4 tag, and a year on the inside of the jersey. except the older jerseys, like champion. like someone already said before in this thread you have, replica, swingman, authentic, procut, game worn...

For those that don't want to pay that $299.00 for an authentic, the Swingman version is a good alternative.  The material isn't mesh, and it resembles the authentic to a degree.

novl8w.jpg

that adidas logo kills it.

on another note i took all my HUGE jerseys to da dry cleaner to have em tapered and fit more.....

nike swingmans used to resemble nike authentics pretty well back in the day right before the jersey era started...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

on another note i took all my HUGE jerseys to da dry cleaner to have em tapered and fit more.....
Did it work? I really want to make some of my fat era NBA jerseys more wearable. 

Originally Posted by ElijahDukes

nike swingmans used to resemble nike authentics pretty well back in the day right before the jersey era started...

no they didnt
laugh.gif

nike swingmans were the best, these was no need to buy authentics with nike swingmans because they were good quality and looks awesome. But they werent close to authentic, swingmans were thick mesh while authentics were dri-fit/dazzle.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Did it work? I really want to make some of my fat era NBA jerseys more wearable. 
da only ones im touchin are da da couple of size 60's i copped thirsty cuz da 56 sold out....

what i did was give my dry cleaner a size 56 champion (which runs like a 48 adidas lol) template and told him to taper da huge jersey to match da specs of da

smaller jersey..i pick em up this week... im 6'1 so 56 was fine on me...i looked like a NBA player rockin em when he un tucks em from his shorts.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

da only ones im touchin are da da couple of size 60's i copped thirsty cuz da 56 sold out....

what i did was give my dry cleaner a size 56 champion (which runs like a 48 adidas lol) template and told him to taper da huge jersey to match da specs of da

smaller jersey..i pick em up this week... im 6'1 so 56 was fine on me...i looked like a NBA player rockin em when he un tucks em from his shorts.
Cool, let us know how it goes. I'm 5'10, so size 48 Nike's that used to fit me now look like a dress. I'm guessing I should go size 40 for Adidas authentics too huh?

Originally Posted by Fatal Lightning

a real jersey, same as the pro's wear.you can tell by the tags. it usually has a length + 4 tag, and a year on the inside of the jersey. except the older jerseys, like champion. like someone already said before in this thread you have, replica, swingman, authentic, procut, game worn...

So, pro cut jersey will be the same size the actual player would wear?

Originally Posted by Zyzz

no they didnt
laugh.gif

nike swingmans were the best, these was no need to buy authentics with nike swingmans because they were good quality and looks awesome. But they werent close to authentic, swingmans were thick mesh while authentics were dri-fit/dazzle.
you could only tell if up close
authentic material:

http://%%$%%%@#!@%#%.com/forums/ads_mod/images/ad118048_img4_large.jpg

i cant embed the pic for some reason

edit: fill in the jibberish with "sole collector" in one word

its looks identical to my nike swingmans.

yea that was when bulls were mesh, its a better quality mesh than swingmans. plus authentics got twill letters and numbers that are double and triple stitched.

Just won a Penny Hardaway NBA at 50 blue alternate jersey off ebay, found the replica at my moms crib this week from almost 14 years ago. Dont feel too bad for dropping what I did cuz it brings back memories

Originally Posted by Zyzz

no they didnt
laugh.gif

you could only tell if up close
authentic material:

http://%%$%%%@#!@%#%.com/forums/ads_mod/images/ad118048_img4_large.jpg

i cant embed the pic for some reason

edit: fill in the jibberish with "sole collector" in one word

its looks identical to my nike swingmans.
swingmans pale in comparison to authentics....all mesh isn't made equally...authentics had that heavy mesh with tackle twill lettering...swingman letters

weren't double stitched.

fair enough, but like i said, you could only tell up close. nowadays with the adidas and those reebok swingmans, a mile away you could tell.

been fiending for a kevin durant sonics jersey lately. can't seem to find any online

Ok I need some help on here to see if the jersey I got off ebay is legit or not, now I'm pretty savvy when it come to jerseys after the year 2000 but not too familiar with the ones before then. The pics from the auction looked official but when I received it, it seemed really light and just a lil suspect. (Pics may be a lil crappy due to my phone) Ill let you guys be the judge:

Back
Top Bottom